Is average penis size the same as mode penis size?

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Basically whatever number comes up the most? If you round up a group of like, 50 guys, will most of them be like 6 inches long? Or will half of them be like 8 inches and the other half be like 4? I know that won't actually happen, but see what I'm asking?

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm just curious if 6 is biased due to the bigger or the smaller guys skewing the whole thing

Blocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you look at the graphs of the various surveys, you'll see that the massive proportion of guys inhabit the range of 5.1 to 6.1. In the volunteer surveys there are many fewer smaller guys than in the scientific surveys. Fewer still in the self-measuring surveys.

There are probably more "smaller" guys than show up in most studies, but probably not that many more bigger ones. But either way, the huge proportion around the 5.3->5.7 non-self-measured average means that the mean, median and mode are probably all around there.

AlbertCunning

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm just curious if 6 is biased due to the bigger or the smaller guys skewing the whole thing

Given that the average is between 5 and 5,5 inches(quite accepted figures nowadays...), a guy with a 10 incher has the potential of skewing those figures by close to 5 inches in one direction.(He can, of course, skew the whole thing even more by claiming to be 12.)
A smaller guy would of course not be able to make such a big individual impact on the statistics.

I guess this is the reason why the average size is slightly bigger than the median size.(Don't have the exact figures, sorry!)

Most guys don't skew those figures by more than one inch in either direction.
One direction each, I mean...
Although...I guess it's conceivable to be smaller than average, but still be above the median..., but that's just theory.

joe_smith

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Simply put the mode is the most commonly accuring size. So in a sample size of 100 if 6" was the mode common measurement given, then 6" would be the mode.

The average would be the adding up of all the measurements of all those that participated in the sample and devided but the sample size (number of participants). The is called the Mean.

Actually the Median would be the most reliable of measurements in stattistics. The Median is the value above and below which the number of outcomes is the same. The mean of 3, 4, and 8 is 5, whereas the median is 4.