Is being a good dad a turn on or attractive to you?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Ramsey, May 14, 2011.

1. Ramsey

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Pretty self explanatory question for you lovely ladies. Being a dad I've noticed women give me some very nice smiles when I'm out with my kid that I never really got before.

2. D_Madam_Ovary

D_Madam_Ovary Account Disabled

Extremely.

3. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Absolutely. Being a good dad shows a man cares about the welfare of others and not just of his own.

4. dolfette

Gold Member

5. ConstantComment

ConstantComment New Member

Yes, in general. But if I were dating you, I would be interested in seeing you be decisive about your children's time and your couple's time if you were interested in seriously pursuing a romantic relationship.

If I found that you had too many emergencies and last minute changes in plans, I would decide that you need to focus more on being a father and bow out without having to ask you to make the decision.

6. fire77

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Definitely and he earns a lot of trust and respect by being a good dad.

7. TheEnforcer

TheEnforcer Member

LoL... I know it was for a post for women so don't crucify me for being a guy and stating my opinion, but yes... It turns me on too... LoL Although I wouldn't consciously break up a marriage, some of the hottest sex that I've had was with a married guy (I found out later after we were done with everything).

8. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I don't find it a turn on - ie. it doesn't make him more sexually attractive. But it DOES make him more attractive in a personality-based, emotional way. I think it's an indicator that he's caring and that he'll be a good dad to OUR kids were we to have any. Plus, I tend to get along well with people who are good with kids and animals. We often have values in common.

You think you should come before his children? Wow.

9. ConstantComment

ConstantComment New Member

No, I think he should date only when he is ready to. I have noticed other women saying that they would never date a man with young children BTDT, so I am not alone in being cautious on this matter. Not to mention, what is the problem in my being proactive in making these decisions. (they do involve me, you know.) I could actually be doing him a favor in helping him to make that decision.

10. dolfette

Gold Member

if parents didn't date until they could be sure of few last minute hitches and plan changes, they wouldn't date until their kids left home.

parents... our lives revolve around our kids. our plans are fitted in to any gaps left over. anyone else will either slip into that curve or slip away.

11. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

When do you classify him as 'ready to date'? When he no longer has 'emergencies' to deal with? Emergencies can continue to happen no matter how old the children are (yes, even when the 'children' have become adults). If a man EVER put me above an emergency with his children, the relationship would be over. The same would in fact apply if he neglected to respond to an emergency ANY loved one of his was having, but it goes even more so for his children. As far as I'm concerned, children are for life. Unless something goes terribly wrong, that is a relationship that will never end.

It is your prerogative to decide what kind of men you will date and what kind of family situations you are willing to accept, but if you are only willing to date the kind of man who won't go to his children when they need him (or who will be 'decisive about children's time and couple's time'), then what kind of man do you think you will end up with? If he can't go to his children if they need him during 'couple's time', what happens if you have an emergency during 'children's time'? Obviously, he should ignore your need for him. It IS children's time after all. As far as I'm concerned, any man who is willing to accept such a situation and neglect his loved ones when they need him, wouldn't be a man at all.

12. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Anybody know where can I borrow or rent one of these chick magnets? :wink:

Disclaimer: In reality, I'm a single dad with a very nice 7 yr. old daughter. It doesn't help or hinder.

13. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

And once again someone is being bashed for their personal opinion...It never fails.

And back to the OP's question. For me the answer is no, being a father isn't a turn on nor is a turn off. It's just part of who the man is.

14. dolfette

Gold Member

i'm a single mother with a 14y/o daughter.
    i know what you've got to look forward to :saevil:

15. D_Kitten_Kaboodle

D_Kitten_Kaboodle Account Disabled

YEP! I love kids... and good dads get brownie points from me.. :D

16. D_Bessie Mae Mucho

D_Bessie Mae Mucho New Member

:arms: :You_Rock_Emoticon: I agree

17. Patchos

Gold Member

You're trying to score pussy by taking your kid out for a walk?

"Yeah, look at that dad, he makes me so juicy!"

WTF??

18. Eric_8

Gold Member

19. MickeyLee

Gold Member

i am so a fan of stroller meat :wink:

several menfolk on the LPSG have talked about their relationship with their children with nothing but affection and love, is very attractive.

if i broke the list down to top 5 why i find each of these men irresistible being a good father would on the list for everyone.

20. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Perfect strangers being a good dad is quite attractive, just like fuzzy small animals or colorful sunsets. It so happens that having joined the subset of the human race that are parents, I find myself attracted to the same.

But it's as Patchos says, not part of what leads one to feel sexually aroused per se, only renders it more safe to express the urge with them. I also think young studs suitable for modeling careers at any age are sexy, but I don't hit on them.

Draft saved Draft deleted