Is being a good dad a turn on or attractive to you?

D_Madam_Ovary

Account Disabled
Media
if parents didn't date until they could be sure of few last minute hitches and plan changes, they wouldn't date until their kids left home.

parents... our lives revolve around our kids. our plans are fitted in to any gaps left over. anyone else will either slip into that curve or slip away.

True Fact.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I love being at the park with my friends (they all have kids I don't) and we're just kicking back having a good time and to just see a dad show up with his kids and play along side them...touches the heart. I love dads that take care of their little ones, young or older. I know of a few dads that are 100% with their kids all the time, no mommy in sight. I respect their sacrifices for their kids just as I do the single moms or couples. Personally, I'd love to be with a man that has kids (I can't have any), the little ones have never been a problem for me because I've always loved them. :D

HornyToad11

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Looking at life from one dad's perspective (we are all different), my (our) experience is that being parents has completely changed our lives. I don't think that I have made as many sacrifices as my wife, and we would't be where we are today without help from our extended families. Children are so precious.
To focus on the OPs proposition, being with my kids has enabled me to meet many parents, but I have never noticed any potential liasion brewing as a result. Maybe this is because my partner and I are solid, or at least locked in for the sake of the kids.
Discuss...

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
i am so a fan of stroller meat :wink:

several menfolk on the LPSG have talked about their relationship with their children with nothing but affection and love, is very attractive.
Exactly this ^.

If I was attracted to a guy, but subsequently discovered he wasn't loving towards his kids, it would be a total turn off.

eyescream

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's respectable because he's being responsible and doing his part in the upbringing of his child. But I wouldn't really say it's a "turn on" because in that department, when I see a guy with a kid, I automatically think: baggage.

jutadawg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Having a young daughter (she's 4) gets me lots of attention from women, especially other moms. I get to hang out with my kid a lot in the summer since I teach so other moms strike up conversations with me a lot at playgrounds. And it often feels mildly flirty, once in a while really flirty. I don't mind. It's a turn on for me. :)

D_etyjdn

Just Browsing
Media
If I was seeing someone who was a father, and I got the sense that he wasn't a "good dad", I would not have any desire to be with him.

However, if I'm attracted to him and he's a great dad...it's definitely a turn on!!

It shows that he's not selfish, and that being a good dad is important. Selflessness is definately attractive :)

Asphyxia

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hmmm.... I wouldn't call it a turn on, much.. But I would definitely have a lot of respect for him. Especially if he's a single dad and knows how to maturely handle his responsibilities as a whole. Its rare thing in the male species.. No offense guys.... ;)

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think when attempting to date or being attracted to a person with children you desperately need to have realistic expectations of what that relationship is going to be like.

The children's needs will always be their first priority. The relationship will always be second to the children..it has to be in order for them to be a good parent.
You will get cancellations, last minute change of plans and interrupted "US" time and there will little to no spontaneity.(no unplanned dirty little week-ends away).

They (relationships with people with children) are tricky and pretty stressful and really aren't suited to people who need and crave the undivided attention of those they are dating.

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am. Lucky for me, my mate is a good father. :smile:

As far as getting attention when he's with the baby, TheBoyfriend tells me that it depends on where he is. If he's on campus at the university, he says he's invisible. Not only do people not make eye contact, they also totally ignore the baby, too. It's odd because he normally gets a lot of attention from college aged girls.

He tells me that the mall is completely different. He loves going to the mall with the baby and he's always offering to do it. Women of all ages, down to fifteen years old, smile at him and talk to him. I witnessed this myself last week. He offered to hold the baby while I ate in the food court. I swear I looked down at my plate and looked back up again, and he was already surrounded by a group of women who were cooing at the baby and grinning at him while he proudly told stories about TheBaby's most recent antics and accomplishments. It was amazing. No wonder why he keeps offering to take the baby to the mall. If I got that much positive attention, I'd also love going to the mall with the baby.

Last edited:

SereneBlue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have respect for men who are good dads but I don't find them a sexual turn-on. I never have and never will date or sleep with men who have children and actively filter for it.

I'm childless by choice and stick exclusively to men who have made a similar choice in life. I have never lacked for male companionship or long term relationships. On a planet with 7 billion people there's plenty of people out there for everyone's relationship/companionship preferences. It's all good. It just is what it is. :smile:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have respect for men who are good dads but I don't find them a sexual turn-on. I never have and never will date or sleep with men who have children and actively filter for it.

I'm childless by choice and stick exclusively to men who have made a similar choice in life. I have never lacked for male companionship or long term relationships. On a planet with 7 billion people there's plenty of people out there for everyone's relationship/companionship preferences. It's all good. It just is what it is. :smile:
I had a similar outlook, may still, however I've been fortunate to be involved with individuals who were/are childless. If I encountered someone special with a child, even full-time dad, I now feel there would not be an automatic rejection, as I would have in the past. But, certainly depends on any troubling issues with ex and receptivity of the child to a new partner.