Is being a good dad a turn on or attractive to you?

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's respectable because he's being responsible and doing his part in the upbringing of his child. But I wouldn't really say it's a "turn on" because in that department, when I see a guy with a kid, I automatically think: baggage.
Same with the women and the included drama with the Ex.

SereneBlue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I encountered someone special with a child, even full-time dad, I now feel there would not be an automatic rejection, as I would have in the past.

:smile:

There's always someone out there for everybody.

Speaking only for myself if a guy has a child it's an automatic dealbreaker and always will be no matter how "special" he may be. On a planet of 7 billion people there will also always be plenty of "special" childless men too.

redz_rule

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Absolutely.

Thinking about it, I didn't find David Beckham even remotely attractive before he had the kids... I do now though and I think part of that is he comes across as such a doting father.

OlderGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have also seen women turn on a dad. I was in a park once when my sons were little, with my older son who was about two. There were about five moms there where I was with various kids; none seemed to know each other.

I let my son slide down the big metal slide without holding him, while I waited at the bottom . The slide turned out to be slipperier than I thought and he zoomed under my grasp and went flying into the bark. He was fine - it was actually funny. I laughed and picked him up and helped brush him off. He was wasn't crying or anything. Three of the women yelled at me in unison even though they didn't know each other, like I was some clueless dad endangering my child. I was a bit stunned by their overreaction.

I am normally very friendly, but after one wouldn't stop I finally turned around and told her he was fine, and maybe women needed to learn a lesson and let their kids experience a little danger for themselves without being coddled. I told her I was a great dad and dads just handled things differently than moms that kids need to experience some things for themselves so they can learn. One of the other ladies who hadn't yelled came up to me afterward and told me I was right on the money.

Come to think about it, she was hot. If I hadn't been married, I would definitely have pursued things with her. :cool:

Last edited:

I do find it appealing if someone is good with children, even if it isn't their biological child. A turn-on? Not so much. Attractive? Yes. :)

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One of my big crushes when I was in Atlanta was a manager who was single with a young daughter. She was so precious and just a little younger than my own. We were both single parents but never interacted. Still I would watch him with her when the nanny would bring her from daycare. He was so loving and you could tell she was the love of his life. I was awfully attracted to him and so wanted to tell him that I could take care of that little girl with him. But I was never that forward.

I don't know if he ever had a girlfriend or fiancee or even what happened to the girl's mother except that she was out of the picture - office gossip. The women in the office would say that I would be perfect for him, and whenever I'd hear that my heart would skip a beat.

But we weren't in the same division and just knew each other in passing, and so we just never had the opportunity to get together.

I hadn't thought about him in a long time, but this thread brings up some memories.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do find it appealing if someone is good with children, even if it isn't their biological child. A turn-on? Not so much. Attractive? Yes. :)

My husband is not my daughter's biological father but she would bite your head off if you told her he wasn't her daddy.

He's so much of a turn-on when I see them together that I can't wait to jump his bones!!!!

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've wondered about this myself, because I never got the "oohs" and "aaahs" from women when I was with my kids when they were little. On the other hand, I'm such a proud papa that I love to be out with them in any case.

Opalite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I never understood the generics of it, because eventhough I really dislike children generally, it's is a huge turn-on.