Is Being Gay A Choice?

shadow28

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
^^^
OK bud, agree mostly, but the last bit? "Evident shortcomings"???

This site, and indeed all the navel-gazing about cocks and dicks and poen in this age of the Internet, would not exist without all the gay people, and their "evident shortcomings".

Longcomings, more like. Or hugecomings.

Cheers.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh shit...not another one! It's a random series of events that take place during fetal development (FUCK that birth-order theory).
The theory is interesting, and has some proven parallels. If two Rh-discordant people have children together, the first fetus Rh-discordant with the mother won't pose any risk, but successive Rh-discordant fetuses are at risk due to antibodies.

I've not seen any clinical studies, though, to support the concept of "Y chromosome" antibodies in a gestating human.

not to mention how significant studying homosexuality in this light is. if it can be proven that we're "born" with our sexuality, then it would be unconstitutional to deny is certain rights, something that's done now because people still call it a choice. just because you're 80/20 (whatever the hell that means) doesn't mean the rest of us aren't sure about what we want, and some of us want to understand why
Well, "proven that we're born with our orientation" would be a good thing, but I hope that a "gay gene" is never discovered. I dread to imagine what would happen if an embryo's future orientation could be ascertained by amniocentesis. Wow, what kind of moral dilemma would that present for hard-core thumpers who think queerism is the only sin greater than abortion?

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We shouldn't have to prove that we were born with our orientation in order to have equal rights in society and government. We should have equal rights because we are human beings.

After all, isn't that what our Constitution says?

NCbear (who wonders why the hell no one seems to remember that this very important document even exists, much less that we're supposed to be basing our government on it)

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We shouldn't have to prove that we were born with our orientation in order to have equal rights in society and government. We should have equal rights because we are human beings.

NCbear (who wonders why the hell no one seems to remember that this very important document even exists, much less that we're supposed to be basing our government on it)
Well, we shouldn't have to, but we do. Yes, it's sad.

And go ahead and preach to this choir (me) about constitutional rights! I'm with ya.

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
^^^
OK bud, agree mostly, but the last bit? "Evident shortcomings"???

This site, and indeed all the navel-gazing about cocks and dicks and poen in this age of the Internet, would not exist without all the gay people, and their "evident shortcomings".

Longcomings, more like. Or hugecomings.

Cheers.
I was referring to the Christian community.

I mean, if they didn't make the vid so blatantly obvious of an attack on Christian ignorance/offense, it might have actually been a way to open up dialogue and maybe a few minds.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

someone needs to tell that to the people who make the laws in this country. the funkiest part is the whole divorce mess

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i'll agree with you on that one. even guys that aren't homophobic probably still get uncomfortable when they get hit on by a gay person. the worst is the stories about guys "in love with their straight best friend" and ask what to do. uhhh, find someone who's gay

Um, a 100% straight guy just sent me a pm asking me if his cock would "interest" me. So, some of these 100%ers aren't necessarily uncomfortable. It seems that some of them like the attention. Hey, a compliment is a compliment. And I can appreciate beauty even when I can't touch it...:smile:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Um, a 100% straight guy just sent me a pm asking me if his cock would "interest" me. So, some of these 100%ers aren't necessarily uncomfortable. It seems that some of them like the attention. Hey, a compliment is a compliment. And I can appreciate beauty even when I can't touch it...:smile:

lol that whole percentage system is cute, you have your 99/1's, your 80/20's though sometimes i wonder whats the difference between the two

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I dread to imagine what would happen if an embryo's future orientation could be ascertained by amniocentesis. Wow, what kind of moral dilemma would that present for hard-core thumpers who think queerism is the only sin greater than abortion?

Fascinating hypothetical, DC...I've never considered it before.

I wonder how theocracies would handle such a technology? If life begins and we are imbued with an immortal soul at conception, then abortion becomes tantamount to murder...but homosexuality is an affront to god, so would it not be sinful to knowingly carry into this world such an abomination? Yet isn't the knowledge of such things and the power to control life the sole domain of god alone?

With any luck, the contemplation alone will cause the fundies' heads to explode.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Post reported^^^
Dude--is your skin really that thin? I mean, I know you are sick of people who think you are fake or feel that you have stolen pictures from commenting on such, but that was, by no means, a post that bears reporting.

I mean, in my eyes, you have three choices:

1. Prove you are really the person on the other end of the camera and quiet all the detractors (noting that all who have never done so have turned out to be fake: DWM, Dr. Bubbles, Etc.)

or

2. Use the report post feature as your personal cross (which more than a few members used to do as I recall)

or

3. Use the ignore feature on people with whom you can not come to agreement

And I know you will say you have nothing to prove. In theory, I agree. But being so defensive makes it seem otherwise.

You can always ignore the baiting, like I did with that Oprah comment.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Well, we shouldn't have to, but we do. Yes, it's sad.

And go ahead and preach to this choir (me) about constitutional rights! I'm with ya.

QFT. I love my bear brothers!

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, in Fundamental Judaism (Ultra-Orthodoxy) you don't have a soul until you draw breath. Thus you aren't technically a full human being until you emerge from the womb and draw your first breath. Therefore, abortion is Halachically (Jewish Law) Legal. In fact, some Rabbis would argue that if the parents knew of a genetic condition before the child is born, it would be the duty of the parents to terminate pregnancy rather than put a soul through the trials and tribulations of living with a genetic defect. This principal is sometimes used in screening for Tay-Sachs Disease in the Ashkhenazi Community (Eastern European Jewish).

I'm not sure what Halacha would have to say about knowingly birthing a homosexual man if one could test for a gene. Homosexual women don't count because a prohibition against female homosexuality isn't mentioned anywhere in Torah.

Anyway, also there are several camps concerning male homosexuality and Halacha. Some say that the Torah prohibition is about sex for sex's sake alone between men and not the bonded relationships that gay men have today. Some say that the Torah prohibition is about Canaanite homosexual temple prostitution where a man would take on the "female" role in a fertility right. There are other injuctions against men posing as women in the Torah. And some would say that the Torah prohibits male homosexuality altogether. Then there are the Ultra Orthodox who don't believe that male homosexuality is forbidden at all (they are in the minority).

Willy_the_Wonka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
^ :headache: !

Nice video, Marley. :biggrin1:

A: At this point in my life, I'm glad I wasn't born straight, and

B: even if it IS a choice..... knowing what I know NOW, with all the mediocrity and silent (and not so silent) desperation that encompasses straight life, if given the opportunity to go back and change it, I would have GLADLY chosen gay.
:eek:uttahere:

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My skin is fine Lex and I'll continue to report harassing post which is against the ToS. The troll needs ro go away.

Dude--is your skin really that thin? I mean, I know you are sick of people who think you are fake or feel that you have stolen pictures from commenting on such, but that was, by no means, a post that bears reporting.

I mean, in my eyes, you have three choices:

1. Prove you are really the person on the other end of the camera and quiet all the detractors (noting that all who have never done so have turned out to be fake: DWM, Dr. Bubbles, Etc.)

or

2. Use the report post feature as your personal cross (which more than a few members used to do as I recall)

or

3. Use the ignore feature on people with whom you can not come to agreement

And I know you will say you have nothing to prove. In theory, I agree. But being so defensive makes it seem otherwise.

You can always ignore the baiting, like I did with that Oprah comment.

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Lex, join the millions of happy peppy people, and give up on this one. It's a slow motion train wreck -- and, as you point out, lots of us are hearing the leitmotiv called "Tragedy of DMW." It's just a matter of time before disaster strikes again, and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it.