Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My question is this: If someone commenting on a man's photos or videos tells him that he has a big cock, does politeness require a "Thank you" in reply?

It seems to me that it does not. "You have a big cock," as far as I can see, is a mere statement of fact, in contrast with expressions of favor such as "You have a nice cock." Of course, a big cock is something that men in general want to have; so in saying such a thing to a man (I mean saying it through the medium of the Internet when he has his photos there for all to see, not saying it to his face in a locker room or in some such situation) one is likely to be saying something that he may find flattering. But it seems to me that the fact remains that "big cock" by itself merely estimates the size of a body part, just like "big feet" or "big hands," and for that reason, "Thank you" is not the appropriate response.

I ask this because of an exchange that I recently had with someone by private message on Xtube, where my videos are posted. A user sent me a message containing the following text:
Xtube Guy said:
damn man thats a pretty big cock u have
(Added in editing: "Xtube Guy" is not my correspondent's actual screen name.)

I was in some difficulty about how to reply to this. Think about it: if someone says you have a pretty big cock, why should "Thank you" be the response? It didn't seem the right response to me, but I had to say something, so I wrote back as follows:
Calboner said:
That seems to be the prevailing opinion!

Regards,

Cal
That brought back this reply:
Xtube Guy said:
umm ok. just complimenting you.
So, obviously, Xtube Guy thought it was a compliment. I wrote back:
Calboner said:
Sorry if that reply was inept of me. I didn't think it was right to say "thank you," since I think that to say that somebody's dick is big is a factual comment rather than a compliment.

Best regards,

Cal
Fair enough, don't you think? Well, I got this reply:
Xtube Guy said:
? yea youre a douchebag
Now, it seems to me that if anyone in this exchange is a douchebag, it's Xtube Guy, as I went to some lengths to be civil to him, while he replied with an insulting epithet. It is possible that the question mark at the beginning of his post, followed by the word "yea" (by which I assume he means "yeah," rather than the Biblical "yea," which rhymes with "nay"), as if he were carrying on my thought, means that he was simply unable to understand even the words of my previous message. But it really bothers me to be called such a thing, even by a dimwit. So is "Thank you" an appropriate response to "You have a big cock"?

Last edited:

sixtwo190

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I think it's probably *meant* generally as a compliment. Perhaps a good reply to someone saying, "You have a big dick" would be "Glad you like it" or "Hope you like it". But in the end, you don't owe everyone a response, and yea, he was a douchebag.

for the record, "your big penis is beautiful" :)

Reactions: N68

bobg4400

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree with your reasoning. I also suspect Xtube Guy called you a douchebag probably because he thought you were being sarcastic and taking the mickey out of him.

Reactions: The Little Boy

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think your way of thinking is that having a big cock is taken for granted... But I see what you're saying. When someone tells you that you have a big cock, in your mind, it's just a fact. Hell, it could be a fact even by true statistical standards. But when you get to the range of "average", what's big to one person could be small to another person. So, essentially, a penis's size could very well be just as subjective as is its appeal!

"It's the thought that counts" - I'm sure he honestly meant for it to be a compliment... But his replies were bordering immature, in my opinion.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it's probably *meant* generally as a compliment. Perhaps a good reply to someone saying, "You have a big dick" would be "Glad you like it" or "Hope you like it".
"Glad you like it" sounds right to me and might have worked better; but I can imagine that somebody as touchy as my Xtube guy might have felt slighted by that reply too. (And thanks for the appended compliment. :biggrin1:)
I agree with your reasoning. I also suspect Xtube Guy called you a douchebag probably because he thought you were being sarcastic and taking the mickey out of him.
Could be. I didn't think of that.
"It's the thought that counts" - I'm sure he honestly meant for it to be a compliment... But his replies were bordering immature, in my opinion.
He certainly didn't count my thought for much!

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Couple o' thoughts:

"Big", for some, is better. The word "big" is subjective. So if someone calls you "big", they may intend it as an evaluation from their own aesthetic perspective (along the lines of "That's a beautiful suit"). Contrast "You have a big cock" with "You have a 7.5" cock". The latter is more objective than the former, and couldn't be considered a compliment.

However... you don't have control of how big your penis is. It's not much of a compliment to be praised for a quality you did nothing to attain.

But what do I know? *shrugs* I don't take compliments well. For a long time, when a woman complimented me on my penis, I immediately became suspicious of her motives.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He certainly didn't count my thought for much!
That's because this is what I personally think might have happened:
Looking at your first reply objectively, I would suspect that he might have gotten the impression that you were pretty obnoxious. I guess another way of saying it is, you basically said, "Yeah I know I've got a big dick because that's what a lot of other people said." You didn't say that... And I know from seeing your posts on here that you're, indeed, not an obnoxious person. I think your reasoning is justified, but he probably just doesn't think that way.

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My question is this: If someone commenting on a man's photos or videos tells him that he has a big cock, does politeness require a "Thank you" in reply?

It seems to me that it does not. "You have a big cock," as far as I can see, is a mere statement of fact, in contrast with expressions of favor such as "You have a nice cock." Of course, a big cock is something that men in general want to have; so in saying such a thing to a man (I mean saying it through the medium of the Internet when he has his photos there for all to see, not saying it to his face in a locker room or in some such situation) one is likely to be saying something that he may find flattering. But it seems to me that the fact remains that "big cock" by itself merely estimates the size of a body part, just like "big feet" or "big hands," and for that reason, "Thank you" is not the appropriate response.

I ask this because of an exchange that I recently had with someone by private message on Xtube, where my videos are posted. A user sent me a message containing the following text:

(Added in editing: "Xtube Guy" is not my correspondent's actual screen name.)

I was in some difficulty about how to reply to this. Think about it: if someone says you have a pretty big cock, why should "Thank you" be the response? It didn't seem the right response to me, but I had to say something, so I wrote back as follows:

That brought back this reply:

So, obviously, Xtube Guy thought it was a compliment. I wrote back:

Fair enough, don't you think? Well, I got this reply:

Now, it seems to me that if anyone in this exchange is a douchebag, it's Xtube Guy, as I went to some lengths to be civil to him, while he replied with an insulting epithet. It is possible that the question mark at the beginning of his post, followed by the word "yea" (by which I assume he means "yeah," rather than the Biblical "yea," which rhymes with "nay"), as if he were carrying on my thought, means that he was simply unable to understand even the words of my previous message. But it really bothers me to be called such a thing, even by a dimwit. So is "Thank you" an appropriate response to "You have a big cock"?

Do you have aspergers?

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yes, it's a compliment.

Not many people have "big dicks", so in essence he is saying that you have something rare that not many people have.

It would be like someone saying, "You have a nice body." It is definitely meant as a compliment.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, it's a compliment.

Not many people have "big dicks", so in essence he is saying that you have something rare that not many people have.

It would be like someone saying, "You have a nice body." It is definitely meant as a compliment.

Well, the difference between dick size and how good your body is that you have no say over one of those things. You have a dick that is a certain size, and that's that. However, if you're dissatisfied with your body, you can hit the gym and improve it.

Things such as this are obviously meant as compliments, but I'll have to agree with Calboner that they are, in fact, not actually compliments.

A similar analog is that I am very tall (6'6"). Almost everyone who I meet will make some sort of comment about my height. Once when somebody commented that I am tall, I sort of shrugged it off and say "Yeah." At which point he seemed to get offended and say, "You know, it's normal to say thank you to compliment." (Protip: Do not simply tell tall people, "Wow. You're tall." It's fine to ask how tall I am, but please don't just remind me.) This is just simply stating a fact over which I have absolutely no control. It's like saying, "Your hair is brown," or "You have blue eyes."

VernalTiger

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have two ways of dealing with compliments on the flaming obvious. If I don't know the complimenter well, I say "thank you" (just get it over and done with), but if it's someone I know well I generally get a bit cheeky with an "I know!". I understand that your point is that Xtube Guy complimented you on a physical attribute that you have no control over (akin to "you have blue eyes!"), but I think it's best to accept the compliment/statement graciously and move on. He acted like a douchebag (pots and kettles, yo), but you're probably not losing much by him getting knicker-twisted over that exchange.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
You, in that exchange and only that exchange, put me in mind of a friend of mine. Not in terms of talking about his penis, he's not that kind of friend nor has he ever been. Just in the way you replied. Both replies were factually correct and I don't believe you intended either of them to be snotty - however, they do come across that way.

I'll give you a parallel, using the friend you remind me of. I might say to my friend - 'You're a clever guy' (because he is and it is obvious) - most people would reply to that 'Yeah? Thanks' or 'You think so? Thanks' or 'Aw, shucks' or something like that. My friend's response would be more like 'Well, obviously - I have a highly technical degree, work in an intellectually demanding job and have intellectually demanding hobbies!' Now to him that sounds like he's just agreeing with me, to most it sounds like he's saying 'You thicko, you just pointed out something that didn't need pointing out - I ridicule you for your need to state the obvious.' That's not really what my friend means - it's just his way. He was picked on a lot as kid and teen and I guess handling compliments is something he just didn't get to grips with in his formative years. I'm used to it - strangers are often offended.

I'm not saying that's an issue you have, not at all, but that's knid of how Xtube Guy read your first response - 'I don't need you to tell me I have a big dick.' So he comes back with 'it was a compliment' and then your second reply, essentially saying 'you didn't make a compliment, you stated a fact', seals the deal for him that you are not accepting his intentions with good grace.

I don't think you behaved like a douche - I don't think he did either - I think it was a misunderstanding based on talking at different levels.

In general - yes 'you have a big dick' is often intended as compliment - many people will be of the opinion that that is what a guy wants to hear.

Last edited:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you have aspergers?
No. Do you have any sense?
A similar analog is that I am very tall (6'6"). Almost everyone who I meet will make some sort of comment about my height. Once when somebody commented that I am tall, I sort of shrugged it off and say "Yeah." At which point he seemed to get offended and say, "You know, it's normal to say thank you to compliment." (Protip: Do not simply tell tall people, "Wow. You're tall." It's fine to ask how tall I am, but please don't just remind me.) This is just simply stating a fact over which I have absolutely no control. It's like saying, "Your hair is brown," or "You have blue eyes."
I thought of that analogy, and I'm glad to have it confirmed by someone who is tall.
I'm not saying that's an issue you have, not at all, but that's knid of how Xtube Guy read your first response - 'I don't need you to tell me I have a big dick.' So he comes back with 'it was a compliment' and then your second reply, essentially saying 'you didn't make a compliment, you stated a fact', seals the deal for him that you are not accepting his intentions with good grace.
Fair enough.

D_Ricky Dickardo

Loved Member
Media
well, this brings up a thought that I has been in my mind since I joined LPSG; We do tend to compliment each other on the size of our junk, but it really isn't an achievement. Except for the guys that have gained some size from PE, an endowment is something we are born with, not something we achieve through hard work. So when I am told, "you have a great cock", I feel weird saying Thank you. Maybe they should be complimenting my ancestors.
I would rather compliment someone on their achievements for developing their body or things they DO with their cock, like piercings, pumping... external things that they choose to do that make their cock worth complimenting.

B_big_dick18

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Everyone wants to be big and only few are so his comment was more envious and maybe he thought u were down playing his only desire to have a big dick.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well, this brings up a thought that I has been in my mind since I joined LPSG; We do tend to compliment each other on the size of our junk, but it really isn't an achievement.
Yes, but that goes for much else. I don't think that it is inherently confused or questionable to compliment someone on an inborn attribute. Beautiful eyes, for instance: if my infatuation with someone includes finding her eyes beautiful, I can't imagine keeping my feelings about them to myself simply because she did nothing to get those eyes. On the other hand, suppose that she has very long hair: that would be a kind of achievement, but "Your hair is so long!" does not seem to me a compliment. "Your hair is so beautiful!" would be, but what makes her hair beautiful could be more its natural texture and color than what she has done with it.
Everyone wants to be big and only few are so his comment was more envious and maybe he thought u were down playing his only desire to have a big dick.
That is possible, but I doubt it. My Xtube guy has a video showing his dick, and I can tell you that it is far from small!