Is bisexuality a choice?

daftman

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
for me, bisexuality is relatively new (I am 55), I am a happily married man to an excellent, attractive wife. She knows exactly my preferences -- her -- but knows certainly that I am looking forward to my first bi experience - with her there. I have allowed, she has had, lesbian/bisexual experience, thought not recently.

I am shaved, smooth...and we are hoping for an opportunity to do a foursome all ways sometime, in Minneapolis!

D_Malcolm_MacPudd

Account Disabled
Media
I think our sexual orientation is mostly not a choice. However, I do think that environmental influences can make a bit of a difference. Overall, I believe our sexual orientation much more "nature" rather than "nurture"

i think its both environment and genetics. for example, why do boys who get molested often times grow up to be gay or bi? coincidence? think not.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
bisexuals choose which gender they want to fuck. are you born this way or is bisexuality the exception? discuss.
I was born this way. I have always been attracted to both men and women and have lived my life going with whoever I have my latest crush on. Married a few times, in l.t. relationships at various times, some with women, some with men.

FloridaFree

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
bisexuals choose which gender they want to fuck. are you born this way or is bisexuality the exception? discuss.

I think it's just like with homosexuality. I've always known I was attracted to both genders as far as I can remember. Every homosexual and bisexual person I've ever asked have always given me the same answer.

I will give you that one though and I can attest to it: as a bisexual guy, I do CHOOSE which gender I want to fuck. But being bisexual I don't think is a choice.

badger2395

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
At age 5, I was fascinated by naked men in the locker room at the Y. At 10, i had a huge crush/hard-on for girls, girls, girls. At 14, I performed oral on the high school quarterback. At 18, I fucked my beautiful prom date in her parent's RV at 3 in the morning. In college, I had as many one nighters with guys as I did with chicks. Right now, I'm not dating, but there's a hot dude at the gym who's made the first move. And the equally hot red-head female manager at Starbucks slipped me her phone number. I have no doubt I was born this way and it's presented as many problems as benefits.

Fantastic story - good for you!

Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was raised extremely liberally in a church that was full of LGBT, pagans, humanists, Jews, Christians, Buddhists= a Unitarian Universalist church- although I think it might have been of a very liberal variety. Everyone was often drunk at church events, but as kids to preteens, we had sexual education that was of a very accepting, open, question variety. So I, even as a kid enchanted about science fiction and aliens, became open to the possibility of falling in love with someone else, regardless of the gender or appearance or anything other than them as a person and personality. I was interested in girls like any other lustful boy growing into a man, and I once questioned my sexuality like everyone does at one point or another and couldn't find a relationship with a male that gave me the same goosebump heartache that chasing after a girl felt like. Then halfway through high school, I was out of it at a party and was ambushed by a guy, and I was mid-blackout at that point and this suddenly woke me up and I kissed back and felt sparks, the same I felt like when I was thinking about a girl, and we didn't do much but that and kind of grinded against each other. So after that, I 'experimented' or said let me see how this goes with a few more guys, some good some bad - but same as girls. So I then decided.

Long story short, if you want to skip the above, it was partially environment/upbringing, ideas introduced in childhood that grow into concepts in adolescence, and then experience, I never would have known had that guy not kissed me (or something else happened in the future along those lines). So no choosing here.

bejucojohn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think it is a choice the person makes. I sucked cock and fucked pussy in high school, got married lived the heterosexual life style but always desired to suck cock from time to time. It wasn't until the last few months that I have been able to suck a cock or two. swallow some one elses cum and also have my cock sucked by a man. I still love my wife, dine at the "Y" and fuck here brains out like she likes. So I think it is simply a choice we make. I would n't trade any of it.

Reactions: Voltaire

silvian

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Try to ask to the acient romans or greeks. OR try to ask people that are not Christian. I think you will have the right answer :)

cutecuckold

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The question of if one is born with it is different from the question of if it's a choice.

I believe I was born straight. Had no fantasies about men until after i was abused by one when I was 17. I had been interested in women since I was 4. Immediately after recovering from the shock of that incident, I started having fantasies about being used and abused by well endowed older men (just like the fucker that abused me).

So no, i had no choice, but I also wasn't born with it.

Not sure I'm bi and don't feel like I've had much choice in the matter always been quite Dom when it comes to girls but the complete opposite when it comes to guys I guess if a gf ever come out wearing a thick strapon grabs me by the hair face fucks me then spins me round and shoves that big thing up me I will be in heaven.

Mister2101

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Bisexuality is NOT a choice that we are born with. People whom are monosexual - exclusively attracted to the same-sex or opposite sex - aren't able to fully understand what bisexuals experience. Because bisexuality resides in the shades of gray in between those two end points of the sexual continuum.

That said...

It is a choice to express this with the one you love or crush. For many men, they may have these feelings or desires but will never EVER tell another soul to their dying day. For them repression is a much better alternative than expressing their sexual desires - given all the external pressures to be 100% heterosexual.

But that repression doesn't change the fact that their cock twitches when they see someone that makes them pause - even if for a moment.

I like this answer. I believe all men have a level of interest of curiosity about sex with another man. They have all thought about touching, feeling or kissing/sucking another man's dick or letting a man suck their dick, or thought about anal sex with another man---except they will never admit that. As you have stated above, they will never, never admit that...ever. and that's cool. Some men act on their thoughts and desires, others don't. Gay men know what they like and prefer and only have relationships with other men. Sometimes we make this tooooo hard. You like what you like, and that should be OK. Peace.

secretasianman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm attracted to women in many more ways than just the physical part(s) of men. When I see a guy, I don't think of wanting to have sex with them, but when I'm horny, sometimes I'd rather have sex with a guy than I would with a girl.

Everyone has different tastes. I'd say I was born bisexual, but it's by choice whether I act on my impulses. I could have easily stayed 100% straight and just kept curious thoughts about being with a guy, but an opportunity presented itself, and I acted on it.

D_Malcolm_MacPudd

Account Disabled
Media
tbh i regret asking this question. it wasnt well thought out. But lets face it, you do have a choice in pursuing bisexuality. If you like women and men, and women do the trick just fine-you can choose to ignore the other impulses and stick with chicks. Do you think thats accurate?

BlackIsKingSize

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Orientation is never a choice. Actions are always a choice. A bisexual person could certainly choose to only have sex with one gender or the other or just one particular person for the rest of their life but it wouldn't change the fact that they're aroused by both. Just like a gay person can choose to only have sex with the opposite gender but it wouldn't change the fact they're only aroused by the same gender ("ex"-gays). The difference is the bisexual person isn't anywhere near as unhappy, if at all, in this situation.

Reactions: Voltaire

FloridaFree

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I haven't read everyone's responses, but I'm going to post mine. From my personal experience and from what other bisexual men have told me, it's not a choice whether you are or aren't bi. But I think it is a choice what gender you're choosing to go after.

I think if you like men and women, you can't choose to not like either, but you can choose which gender you want to have sex with or be in a relationship with.