Is bisexuality a choice?

silvian

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I will repeat again our orientation is a mix where enviroment, education, feeling and experience make you and your sexuality.
In non christian comunity as old chinese, japanese, indian and so on the bisexuality were really applicated..
Of course there is also the history about greek and romans that they were notoriuously bi.
for example julio caesar were the man of all women and the woman of all men.
It dipends by so many factor, of course i think there is also some genetics but it (if we take it alone) can't explain why some people prefer this o this other gender.
Than there is the kinsey study that can help you about the human male sexuality too..
By the way what is really important in my opinion is how you live with yourself and with your sexuality. We live (in Italy of course) in a society where mensex is taboo.
By th way i can say with force that whetever a man have some mansex he will reserch again this kind of sex because mensex is really pleasing..

Reactions: JBrown61

submit452

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I haven't read everyone's responses, but I'm going to post mine. From my personal experience and from what other bisexual men have told me, it's not a choice whether you are or aren't bi. But I think it is a choice what gender you're choosing to go after.

I think if you like men and women, you can't choose to not like either, but you can choose which gender you want to have sex with or be in a relationship with.
I agree completely with this post. I had no choice in what made me rock hard and throb. but I had one in who I wanted to fuck or date. I love debauched sex with men and I only want to marry a woman who loves and accepts my bisexualityand my autism too

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I grew up straight, all my fantasies, sex dreams and wet dreams were straight, all my crushes/steadies/dates were with girls and I started fucking girls and older women in high school. Then in senior year I found myself attracted to two male classmates (out of 1100 boys) and admitted to myself that I'd have sex with them if it ever came up. It didn't, but I was honest with myself about the physical attraction. I didn't think or care about the mechanics of MM sex, just that I would have gotten naked with them.

Fast forward four years to senior year in college, I found myself alone with a gay twink who put the moves on me. To my surprise I got totally turned on and filled four condoms pounding his cute butt. It was a one-night thing and I never saw him again, but it changed me. My sex dreams changed to 90/10 str8/gay as did my sex life.

I am bi and happy with it, but I can't say "I've always known." I still find the female body way more attractive and compelling than the male body. Over the years sex partners have split 70/30 because men pursue me more than women, who I have to pursue.

Reactions: elOscar

peacenlove84

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I'm attracted to individuals who are healthy, smart, witty, and driven. These are chosen characteristics I find sexy and compatible for me regardless of genitalia. My openness to either sex is probably an inherent trait, or so ingrainedly learned that I wouldn't know otherwise.

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
bisexuals choose which gender they want to fuck. are you born this way or is bisexuality the exception? discuss.

Was not born bisexual.. was not tell after a head injury. It's not a excuse.
Since then I have had trouble recognizing people.
if I do it's very rare that I can recognize someone on the spot 1 in 50,000 is my estimation.

The Legend

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The whole label of sexuality is a farce, it does not exist. Ok well mostly, we have genes and they are expressed based on our surroundings hence it is mostly conditioning. We are conditioned and the mainstream does most of it, so we naturally and artificially like females. If a male through his experiences or supreme conciousness is able to step back and evaluate himself and his desires then he will see what truly feels good. A mouth is a mouth, some have facial hair but that is it, a pussy feels good as does an ass. Being bisexual for me is just pleasure driven, it feels good to fuck and suck, I already had an oral fixation and cock down my throat feels good so I suck it just like pussy feels good on my cock so I fuck it.

hotdogmustard

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I find beauty in individual people. Sometimes that is a woman, and sometimes that is a dude. Having no boundary that way has allowed me to pursue a really broad variety of people and experiences, and to focus on what is inside said people's brain a lot more than just saying "I need 33DDs" as a starting point. That's not to say a gorgeous woman will not get my attention; that's just to say that if she is stuck up, racist, lacking basic confidence, mean, or negative, she can be as hot as possible but I am not putting my penis in to her.

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
What you do with your personal plumbing, from total abstinence to total abandon, is ALWAYS a choice. Whether or not you can be truly bisexual in the fully romantic/emotional sense is not so much a choice as it is a combination of genetics and conditioning.

1Cody

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Recently, one of my gay acquaintances wanted to get a drink so we went to a gay bar. He is talking to other guys telling them he is strictly a bottom. He is black and has a small face. They were telling him he could do drag. It is probably true. He then starts analyzing all of us that were there. He told me that if he met me on the street he would never know that I played with men. He wouldn't even call me gay or bi. He told one guy he was fem from the word go. The guy seemed taken aback. He pointed out how he was holding his hand and it was a natural thing. Then he told the buff wrestler dude with muscles, long hair, and a more rugged look that he was obviously a top. I couldn't believe it, to him I didn't fit in any mold and he chose to use the word "play with men" to describe my sexual play with men. Then a drag queen once remarked that I was "try" that I would try anything once. Again, no mention of gay or bi from the obviously gayest ones that I know. I think the actions are a choice no matter if with a man or a woman. Though, I do like my type and am attracted to them almost exclusively. Any outside of that type, has to have a really unique or exotic look. There again, just my type. So, even though I play I enjoy a certain type.

Last edited:

VoyeurEx

Legendary Member
Media
My earliest sexual memories were of being homophobic to the core! I got all boned up thinking about girls early on! Circumstances presented themselves to where I experienced things and was offered numerous opportunities - whether I took them or not...not to mention being rejected moreso by females than males! Those experiences shaped my thinking to where I became more open-minded!

londonxx

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
well said

What you do with your personal plumbing, from total abstinence to total abandon, is ALWAYS a choice. Whether or not you can be truly bisexual in the fully romantic/emotional sense is not so much a choice as it is a combination of genetics and conditioning.

londonxx

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I agree. I believe if there was no societal conditioning or imprinting then everyone could be bisexual. It is simply wrong to try to imply that everything is genetic somehow - character traits, sexual orientation, etc. Genes may play a role but it is turning out to be a lot smaller role than expected. This does not mean that sexual orientation is a conscious choice but that it is based on complex interaction of multiple factors with genes being just one of these. And none of its factors by itself is sufficient.
Just my belief anyway

The whole label of sexuality is a farce, it does not exist. Ok well mostly, we have genes and they are expressed based on our surroundings hence it is mostly conditioning. We are conditioned and the mainstream does most of it, so we naturally and artificially like females. If a male through his experiences or supreme conciousness is able to step back and evaluate himself and his desires then he will see what truly feels good. A mouth is a mouth, some have facial hair but that is it, a pussy feels good as does an ass. Being bisexual for me is just pleasure driven, it feels good to fuck and suck, I already had an oral fixation and cock down my throat feels good so I suck it just like pussy feels good on my cock so I fuck it.

nirecue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think I grew into it. I was definitely born straight and grew up rather homophobic due to society. But once I grew up, got educated, and was exposed to a lot of stuff online including c2c. Then once I got over the homophobic stuff and was ok with people I'm not intimately involved with seeing me naked... I started not being so repulsed at penis and naked men in general. I still wouldn't date a man or kiss or do more relationship type stuff with a man, but I have no problem getting off with a man. I think I was basically born str8 and grew to enjoy male to male sexual activity as well.

swimmersox

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The attractions are inborn, but as bi, I think you do sort of need to identify one way or another, at least with certain people/partners/groups of people.
In my case, I just sort of 'am' straight or gay depending on who I'm with. If people ask, I tell them I'm bi, but wearing 'bi' as an identity gets tiring after a while. Straight people can get uncomfortable with it. And, well, most gay guys don't seem to believe that bi is anything more than denial.
Them's the breaks.

Reactions: bi2

bi2

Superior Member
Media
Good topic discussion.

I dont know if its a choice or not, in terms of my life.

My first MM sex was with a much older man when I was a lot younger. While I did make the concious choice to go to his place to get a "massage" from him, I think on some level I must have thought or explored what it would have been like to get a rub down in general, as I had never had one before? I know my thought process was to get a massage for my sore legs, but never really processed that other things would follow and develop over time.

To his defence, I kept not only coming back, but for a few years it was my decision and my decision alone to ask for a "massage" time and again. If I didnt ask, he would never has "told" me to come over.

I never thought or had fantasies about having sex with men or guys around my age beforehand, so the "massage" was what opened the floodgates for me.

However, I wouldnt want to change anything, I have had plenty of fun and fortunately without any hassles or complications with men, so being bi has a been a great positive experience. If anything, it made me I think a better lover when I have been with girls and women.