Is blonde hair less attractive?

BlondeStudMuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I recently read an article that reported a study that showed girls find blonde guys less attractive. In the study it was reported that guys with blonde hair are less successful on online dating sites, and get rejected more when approaching women.

Now I have always liked my blonde hair and blue eyes, not in a nazi way, in a cormfortable with my natural look kinda way. But I’m not going to lie this study has kind of bummed my confidence. So what’s your opinion of this? Do you think this is true? Or might it just be another clickbait study?

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Myself I do prefer dark hair on a guy but I don't dislike a blonde either, I guess people may associate blonde guys with more the laid back surfer type (I say that cause most blonde guys I know are surfers) which is great as I like surfing too:)
But whatever the case it's certainly not a deal breaker for me. I also like silver hair and bald guys! :)

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Now I have always liked my blonde hair and blue eyes, not in a nazi way, in a cormfortable with my natural look kinda way.

And yet you named yourself BlondeStudMuffin, and on the first day you join you start a thread about blonde hair? :rolleyes:

To answer your question I couldn't care less what color a guy's hair or eyes are. Attractiveness is more than just the sum of a guy's parts.

You do get one bonus point for having the word Muffin in your username.

I really don't give a fuck what color hair someone has. Blonde, black, purple, red, whatever. My sweetie has dark hair and like his other traits, that's my preference because they're what he has.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I cannot honestly say that I've ever rejected or selected someone based on their hair or lack thereof. But that's not to say that some people are shallow enough to do just that, but I suspect I'm not part of that poll.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I recently read an article that reported a study that showed girls find blonde guys less attractive. In the study it was reported that guys with blonde hair are less successful on online dating sites, and get rejected more when approaching women.

Now I have always liked my blonde hair and blue eyes, not in a nazi way, in a cormfortable with my natural look kinda way. But I’m not going to lie this study has kind of bummed my confidence. So what’s your opinion of this? Do you think this is true? Or might it just be another clickbait study?

Would you please post a link to that article. I'm always interested in sociology experiments.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The boy is a dirty blonde. Darker at the roots and lightening to blonde-blonde for the last few inches.

I got a thing for long hair and beards. Very Viking, and blonde dudes pull that off really well.

Reactions: BetterFuture

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not particularly drawn to blonde men, and never really experienced attraction to one who hadn't caught my attention some other way. Blonde hair isn't unattractive to me, it wouldn't kill an otherwise blossoming affair, but it doesn't catch my eye either, if that makes sense.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm drawn to blonde men only because of my last man friend, he has blonde hair. I love his particular look. But that is neither here nor there, is it?

He has blonde hair, ice blue eyes, and dimples plus a deep hearty laugh. Do other blonde guys have this? Nah. Plus they don't have his intelligence, either.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I like muffins. Cranberry lemon is my favourite. And turtles. I like turtles.

Blondes takes too much sunscreen.

Reactions: AlteredEgo and Enid

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I like muffins. Cranberry lemon is my favourite. And turtles. I like turtles.

Blondes takes too much sunscreen.

As a redhead, I can tell you blondes don’t hog the most sunscreen.
Skin cancer sucks.
On anyone.

To actually answer, men and women are attractive in many ways.
Hair color isn’t something I use to filter out.

I’m not fond of purposely bleached hair, however.

And I do like contrast between features.
The man I’m dating has white hair. In the back, it’s still a touch iron, but when meeting him face to face now, one sees silver. His skin is still olive toned. And his eyes are a lovely blue.

I do have a preference for long hair.

Reactions: MickeyLee

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
As a redhead, I can tell you blondes don’t hog the most sunscreen.
Skin cancer sucks.
On anyone.

To actually answer, men and women are attractive in many ways.
Hair color isn’t something I use to filter out.

I’m not fond of purposely bleached hair, however.

And I do like contrast between features.
The man I’m dating has white hair. In the back, it’s still a touch iron, but when meeting him face to face now, one sees silver. His skin is still olive toned. And his eyes are a lovely blue.

I do have a preference for long hair.
Redheads are worth the sunscreen. I love me a ginger. Male and female.

Reactions: MickeyLee