Is Brigitte Bardot a racist?

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ahem! Pardon? Citation on the black and Arab TV presenters please. And the other two statements for that matter. And does it matter nothing to you that the first black member of l'assemblée nationale française was elected in 1914? When was your first black congressman elected?

I was citing the BBC from an article in Late 2005

BBC NEWS | Europe | French Muslims face job discrimination

And It was a french MP and Mayor, Manuel Walls, of Evry, not me,
who made the statements of there only being white MP's from the Mainland.

The statistic on unemployment for college grads, which i assume is the other statement you are referencing is also in that article

And does it matter nothing to you that the first black member of l'assemblée nationale française was elected in 1914? When was your first black congressman elected?
1869. :smile:

three of them at once

James Lewis, John Willis Menard, and Pinckney B.S. Pinchback — all of Louisiana

(but they were never seated)

in 1870 though, James Rainey of South Carolina was elected and seated in the House.

Other Blacks who were elected to the House and seated often had very rocky tenures. Only a few did not have to face hostile, organized opposition within Congress. A few examples are listed below.
• Robert C. DeLarge, South Carolina, elected in 1870
His election was challenged from the beginning and the challenge resulted in him serving twenty-two months out of twenty-four. The seat was declared vacant for the final two months.

• Josiah Thomas Walls, Florida, elected in 1870
Wells was the only Black representative unseated twice by opponents challenging his elections.

• Jefferson Franklin Long, Georgia, elected in 1871
Served an abbreviated term in 1871 (the election he won was held to fill an abbreviated term). White congressional opposition and intimidation of Black voters led to him not being reelected.

• Robert Brown Elliott, South Carolina, elected in 1871
An attorney before he entered politics, Elliott served two consecutive terms. He was also able to read, German, Spanish, French, and Latin.

• Joseph H. Rainey, South Carolina, elected in 1871
Served two consecutive terms, but as usual, the environment in Congress, especially from White southern representatives, was very hostile.

• Alonzo J. Ransier, Georgia, elected in 1872
Succeeded Robert C. DeLarge. He was Lt. Governor before he won DeLarge's seat.

• James T. Rapier, Alabama, elected in 1873
He served two consecutive terms and lost in 1875 when many ballot boxes were stolen and destroyed and replaced with others containing stuffed or illegally cast ballots. There was also armed intimidation of Black voters by Whites.

• John Mercer Langston, Virginia, elected in 1888
The only Black person ever elected to Congress from Virginia, Mercer was denied his seat for almost two years.

• Thomas E. Miller, South Carolina, elected in 1889
He served one term and afterwards was named president of the State Colored College at Orangeburg, South Carolina.

During Reconstruction, southern Whites suddenly found themselves looking at former slaves not only eyeball to eyeball, but as equals before the law and in their (the freed slaves) ability to obtain elected office. Many Whites never ceased trying to "turn back the clock" so to speak.

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Well, you learn something new everyday. Thanks Flashy, I was ignorant of that.

I was citing the BBC from an article in Late 2005

BBC NEWS | Europe | French Muslims face job discrimination

And It was a french MP and Mayor, Manuel Walls, of Evry, not me,
who made the statements of there only being white MP's from the Mainland.

The statistic on unemployment for college grads, which i assume is the other statement you are referencing is also in that article

I wasn't so much questioning the college grad stat - I believe that one, unemployment here is high... I wonder what the stat for unemployed white college grads is.

The no Arab / black TV presenters just isn't true. I don't think it was true in 2005 either. Perhaps he meant news readers on major networks - but it certainly isn't true across the board.

The Mayor is exaggerating the divide on the political scene too - I completely failed to mention Rachida Dati last night (Rachida Dati - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), she's the Minster for Justice for crying out loud, and Mayor of the 7ème.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, you learn something new everyday. Thanks Flashy, I was ignorant of that.

I wasn't so much questioning the college grad stat - I believe that one, unemployment here is high... I wonder what the stat for unemployed white college grads is.

The no Arab / black TV presenters just isn't true. I don't think it was true in 2005 either. Perhaps he meant news readers on major networks - but it certainly isn't true across the board.

The Mayor is exaggerating the divide on the political scene too - I completely failed to mention Rachida Dati last night (Rachida Dati - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), she's the Minster for Justice for crying out loud, and Mayor of the 7ème.

pas de problemme :wink:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
pas de problemme :wink:

Um, that's 'aucun problème' actually, Flasher, me duck :tongue:

You think so, eh? Did you even read the article?

Er, yeah, not to mention the fact that France is not really the home of the pro-animal rights activist. It was once - but they ate all his pets and told him to fuck off :wink::biggrin:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Er, yeah, not to mention the fact that France is not really the home of the pro-animal rights activist. It was once - but they ate all his pets and told him to fuck off :wink::biggrin:

Hrm...that's not exactly the pussy-eating that comes to mind when I think of France... :tongue:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Um, that's 'aucun problème' actually, Flasher, me duck :tongue:
:biggrin:

meh...I hope you get hit in the eye with jus de Pamplemousse :biggrin1: :wink:

I took french for 6 years and failed it 3 times...thanks for bringing up those unhappy memories teacher. :tongue:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
meh...I hope you get hit in the eye with jus de Pamplemousse :biggrin1: :wink:

I took french for 6 years and failed it 3 times...thanks for bringing up those unhappy memories teacher. :tongue:

Quel fromage! :tongue:

Hrm...that's not exactly the pussy-eating that comes to mind when I think of France... :tongue:

Bah oui! La foufoune fraiche est un bon petit déjeuner :biggrin:

Last edited:

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
hah! thought you'd trick me with cheese eh?

well it won't work

it's quel domage.

The 1947 musical movie Good News uses 'Quel Fromage' numerous times as a joke. June Allyson and Peter Lawford. I think that's where it originated, never heard it elsewhere. Nice little all-American movie of the period. Not quite on the level of 'La Parisienne', perhaps, with Bardot's tits at their peak of bounciness--she knew how to jiggle them while moving faster than Monroe--and Charles Boyes staring at them. I wouldn't know who she fucked on the set though.