Is Canada as good as it gets?

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I love my country. Though I do have this to say...[FUCK WINTER pic deleted] ... [/quote]

Wish we had snow here. Instead, we get endless dreary browny grey days (about the color of a cigarette butt that's been left out in the mud for months) and ice storms.

NCbear (who last saw real snow when he lived in Louisville, Ken-FUCK-y)

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Mr. Vindicator:

Yes, it is outrageous. But is it is the truth. The ever-changing numbers of how many millions of 'Mericuhns are uninsured are not just the unemployed and the disinfranchised. The majority of those millions are people like myself who own our own businesses, generate tax bases for local communities as well as pay our own social security (something I doubt I'll ever see) and Federal Income taxes.

I think the nicest thing I can say about the physicians I've met with outside the USA is that when they look at me they don't look at X number of BMW or Mercedes payments. They see me. The "wallet biopsy" is a uniquely 'Mericuhn thing.

And after reading Rawbone8's declaration of love for Canada, I feel all misty inside.

One thing I do know is that Canadian beer is incredible. Although mini brew pubs are now relatively common in most of the USA, MooseHead is Moosehead.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That is just outragious. [. . .] in other countries doctors can make a lot of money and charge much less so i don't know what the issue is in the US.

Two words: malpractice insurance.

NCbear (who thinks doctors have to be all about the money because the lawyers and their clients are all about the money)

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One thing I do know is that Canadian beer is incredible. Although mini brew pubs are now relatively common in most of the USA, MooseHead is Moosehead.

I've had many a housewarming party sponsored by Moosehead. If you think the beer is tasty you should see some of their reps. Yum!

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
Ya, -50 is uncomprehensably cold to me. I was in Winterpeg when it was -32 and THAT was WAY too cold.

But Torontonians are WELL known for complaining about cold and snow. (Bunch of whiners!) :wink:

Sorry about the massive storm but you have to get a foot of snow on top of that freezing rain before I come down :rolleyes:. I'd be too much of a culture shock for the flight from Winnipeg to see green grass and bare pavement.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Funny how the worst thing anyone can say about Canada is that they don't like the climate - which is pretty comparable to that of the northeast and midwest USA, anyway. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't want to live in North Dakota, either. but that's still south of... just about everywhere in Canada. sorry I don't like living on blocks of ice. Are people really taking this as serious criticism? In a thread that starts out with such a demonstrably absurd notion... is it even possible to make serious criticisms? I certainly wasn't trying to. You guys need to lighten up.

You want funny? The USA gets called the Great Satan, source of all the world's ills, full of stupid retards, morally bankrupt, etc etc etc on pretty much a daily basis here. Heaven forbid we point out that it's a bit cold up in Canada. :rolleyes: Vast frozen wasteland is not my idea of paradise.

I gave a dumb answer to a dumb question. get over it.