Is Canada as good as it gets?

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Fuck you :biggrin1:

I got my boots and my hoodie and I'm gonna log off and go blow some fuckin snow!

That's a record for this day of the year. Global warming? We've had a really mild winter here in the DC area. I still want to move somewhere warmer. Not Indonesia... but maybe Thailand.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I wouldn't want to live in North Dakota, either. but that's still south of... just about everywhere in Canada. sorry I don't like living on blocks of ice. Are people really taking this as serious criticism? In a thread that starts out with such a demonstrably absurd notion... is it even possible to make serious criticisms? I certainly wasn't trying to. You guys need to lighten up.

You want funny? The USA gets called the Great Satan, source of all the world's ills, full of stupid retards, morally bankrupt, etc etc etc on pretty much a daily basis here. Heaven forbid we point out that it's a bit cold up in Canada. :rolleyes: Vast frozen wasteland is not my idea of paradise.

So, you're unhappy that the US gets stereotyped, and your response is... more stereotypes. :confused:

I gave a dumb answer

You did your best.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So, you're unhappy that the US gets stereotyped, and your response is... more stereotypes. :confused:

No I'm pointing out your alarming hypocrisy, stupidity, oversensitivity and inability to recognize humor and responding with "stereotypes" a.k.a. climatological statistics verified to be accurate and true over centuries of observations. Canada is, to use a technical term, FUCKING COLD. Look it up.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
No I'm pointing out your alarming hypocrisy, stupidity, oversensitivity and inability to recognize humor and responding with "stereotypes" a.k.a. climatological statistics verified to be accurate and true over centuries of observations. Canada is, to use a technical term, FUCKING COLD. Look it up.

Interesting - you don't apparently have a sense of humour so far as anyone can tell from what you post. News flash - cynicism and an unwillingness to question your own ideas constitutes neither humour nor cleverness.

You post a lot of unsubstantiated crap and get called out on it all the time. That's humourous.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Interesting - you don't apparently have a sense of humour so far as anyone can tell from what you post. News flash - cynicism and an unwillingness to question your own ideas constitutes neither humour nor cleverness.

You post a lot of unsubstantiated crap and get called out on it all the time. That's humour.

In the same world where Canada is a tropical paradise, you just made some great points and clearly won the argument.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
:rolleyes:

Maybe if you actually read what I said, instead of responding to what you'd like me to have said, you'd actually be IN the argument.

Unfortunately the things you are typing are still filtering back to the real world from whatever fantasy realm you're inhabiting and typing them in, so, sadly enough, I have in fact wasted my time reading them. I'm going to stop soon, though.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Unfortunately the things you are typing are still filtering back to the real world from whatever fantasy realm you're inhabiting and typing them in, so, sadly enough, I have in fact wasted my time reading them. I'm going to stop soon, though.

Is this your usual response when people notice that you're talking out of your ass?

I'd suppose you'd need a usual response, as it seems to happen often.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In light of the absolutely outrageous claims that I recently made that Canada was sparsely populated and cold. ((GASP!!!))

Extremes on Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

turns out Canada isn't the coldest place on Earth. It's only the coldest inhabited place on Earth. My bad.

List of countries by population density - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, it's more densely populated than Greenland.

Clearly I was totally talking out of my ass and had no clue to what I was referring. I hope you all will accept my sincere apologies. Lesson learned. I'll never again besmirch Canada, greatest country in the world, the only place on Earth without one single flaw. Except maybe New Zealand.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I wouldn't want to live in North Dakota, either. but that's still south of... just about everywhere in Canada. sorry I don't like living on blocks of ice. Are people really taking this as serious criticism?
Pelee Island, Canada, is at the same latitude as Northern California. Here, in Ottawa, we got a lot of snow this winter but it's been fairly warm. It's -3 degrees C in Ottawa right now. Last week people were wearing sweaters outside. Summers here are almost unbearably hot and humid. I had a friend who visited from Costa Mesa (South of L.A.) last year and he complained about the heat.

In a thread that starts out with such a demonstrably absurd notion... is it even possible to make serious criticisms? I certainly wasn't trying to.
It's not absurd. Some country has to be the best. I'm not claiming that Canada is, but I think it's a good candidate.

You want funny? The USA gets called the Great Satan, source of all the world's ills, full of stupid retards, morally bankrupt, etc etc etc on pretty much a daily basis here. Heaven forbid we point out that it's a bit cold up in Canada. :rolleyes: Vast frozen wasteland is not my idea of paradise.
I assume you are consciously being ignorant, but this still irks me. Much of Canada is above the tree line, but very few Canucks live up there. The Atlas of Canada - Population Density, 2001
That map shows the population density and how southerly Ontario goes. It rarely snows in B.C. in the winter -- even northern B.C. Hardly a "frozen wasteland".

Thanks to countries like America burning cheap fossil fuels and driving to the convenience store down the block, the arctic ice is melting and the Northwest Passage has open again. Despite this being Canadian water, American ships are now sailing though it again, polluting our Arctic and risking oil spills -- all without asking our permission. And you wonder why America is called the Great Satan?

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's not absurd. Some country has to be the best. I'm not claiming that Canada is, but I think it's a good candidate.

No, one country doesn't have to be the best. Asserting that one is is fucking stupid.

I don't wonder why America is referred to as the Great Satan. I actually know why it is. Most people don't.

I also know where the majority of the Canadian population lives. Are you consciously being ignorant of the fact that there are other parts of your country that aren't southern Ontario?

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
In light of the absolutely outrageous claims that I recently made that Canada was sparsely populated and cold. ((GASP!!!))

Extremes on Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

turns out Canada isn't the coldest place on Earth. It's only the coldest inhabited place on Earth. My bad.

List of countries by population density - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, it's more densely populated than Greenland.

Clearly I was totally talking out of my ass and had no clue to what I was referring. I hope you all will accept my sincere apologies. Lesson learned. I'll never again besmirch Canada, greatest country in the world, the only place on Earth without one single flaw. Except maybe New Zealand.

On this we agree - you are talking out of your ass.

But to be fair, I will give you credit for something else - you've done an excellent job of demonstrating how statistics can be misused. Wow, the temperature at a research station with a permanent population of zero is the coldest in the world? Maybe that's why they built a research station there. :rolleyes:

If you actually read what I wrote, I commented that the climate in Canada is much like that of the northeast and midwest USA. Northern Canada is about as warm as northern Alaska - of course, hardly anyone lives in either place, so that's not really relevant, is it?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
You don't have anything as yummy as Maple Syrup.

Well maybe M Bliss, Ok and HM, NJ, Floozie, TMM, CBabe et al, Claire T - sorry, am I going on here, anyway, where's your maple syrup? Huh.

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was born and raised in Vancouver, Canada so obviously I'm rather partial to Canada. There's a lot of positive things in Canada but there's also some negative. Our health care system is good. You don't go bankrupt if you have a major illness, but it could be better. Vancouver has a major problem with drugs. There are countless drug addicts living on the east side and all levels of government have basically abandoned them. Its the shame of Canada.

Vancouver is called Lotus Land or the Riviera of Canada because the weather is mild all year. It seldom goes below freezing and we usually don't get much snow. But then we get a lot of rain, a loooottttttt of rain.

Vancouver is extremely expensive to live in. My condo is only about 800 sq. ft and its valued at $ 450,000.

We have great skiing. Whistler Mountain is only about 2 hours away or I can go to a local mountain in less than 1/2 hour away. Lots of great golfing, best boating/sailing around, world famous scuba diving and wind surfing, world class dining.

All locals where ever you live, know the best and worst of where they live so its almost impossible to be objective.

Would I want to live anywhere else? All in all. I'd have to think long and hard about it, but probably not.