Is car insurance going up?

ridgwaystud

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Everything is going up. As an insurance agent though, most companies are seeing rate increases due to the the large amount of losses that are being paid out. With homeowners, nationally, losses are up 30 percent more than the last ten years.

You're not alone though.

hung15us

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Every time you get into an accident and take it to a body shop for repairs and they screw the ins. co. yours and my rates go up. i have delt with ins. co. and body shop for 20 years and the body shops are screwing you and the ins. co.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've had the same insurance carrier for home and auto for decades and never filed a claim... ever. They were going to raise my premium and I threatened to walk. They lowered my premium and my deductible; If you have leverage call your agent. I'm glad I did instead of just writing the check without calling them on it.

borntobeking

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Is car insurance going up? I was paying 185.00 for 6 month now i pay 200.00 for 6 months:mad:

Wow, that's pretty low compared to Philly. I pay close to $900 for 6 months. Like ridgwaystud I am an insurance agent as well. I've been in the industry for 15 years. He is right. More losses overall = higher premiums even if you yourself have not had any claims.