Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If it's done right it's a boon for you lovely boys. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
But who gets to say how it is done? Certainly no baby. There is no single thing called "circumcision" that encompasses all foreskin removals, baby or adult, drastic or minimal (any more than there is one thing called "abortion" that encompasses everything from IUDs and morning-after pills to late-term borderline infanticide).

Then there is the other aspect of IF it is done right, the gazillion ways it can be botched. You get no say about that, either.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think the baby who is screaming as the blunt probe is inserted, and pries the foreskin from the head when they are fused tightly, like the fingernail and nail bed, cares a great deal.

XSILVER

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
in fairness she has every right to suggest it to her boyfriend or husband but she doesn't have the right to enforce it. People make suggestions all the time according to their preference it's like a man saying he wants his girlfriend or wife to have breast implants or reduction because he wants them a certain way.

Both sides can make suggestions but at the end of the day it should be left to the person who is going to undergo a physical change.

Dissagree!!! You are saying that it is alright for someone to suggest another making physcial changes for ones selfish reasons. Male or female... its not alright. If you want a girlfriend with large brests, or a boyfriend who is cut/uncut.... go find one! Dont enter into a relationship with someone and then TRY to mold them to suit your prefrences.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My sister's son developed phimosis when he was five years old. I had never heard of it and neither had my husband, who is uncircumcised, by the way. He did some research on the web, and that's how he found this website, which had some interesting information.

Nephew did get circumcised, and I think it was more traumatic for his dad than him. My brother-in-law was a big natural-look supporter, and hated to see his son get cut. But he understands it was a health issue and not a superstition.

It's all good. As for my preference? I dance with the one who brung me.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My sister's son developed phimosis when he was five years old. I had never heard of it and neither had my husband, who is uncircumcised, by the way. He did some research on the web, and that's how he found this website, which had some interesting information.

Nephew did get circumcised, and I think it was more traumatic for his dad than him. My brother-in-law was a big natural-look supporter, and hated to see his son get cut. But he understands it was a health issue and not a superstition.

Yikes, that's terrible. Was it preventable?

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yikes, that's terrible. Was it preventable?

I don't know, Petite. I don't know how it could have been. It was very painful for him to urinate. I never heard of stretching exercises like I read on here, but how do you instruct a five-year-old on stretching exercises?

It broke my heart when he told me how good it was to be able to pee again. I know his mom felt like a terrible mother to let this happen, but nobody had ever heard of such a thing.

One side note that's funny and sad: he had a habit of running out of the bathroom buck naked and laughing. His dad would always tell him if he came close he would "cut that thing off." It became a joke that would make him scream and giggle. Well, now dad had to explain how they were going to cut off part of it. He took it remarkably well for such a little boy.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know, Petite. I don't know how it could have been. It was very painful for him to urinate. I never heard of stretching exercises like I read on here, but how do you instruct a five-year-old on stretching exercises?

It broke my heart when he told me how good it was to be able to pee again. I know his mom felt like a terrible mother to let this happen, but nobody had ever heard of such a thing.

One side note that's funny and sad: he had a habit of running out of the bathroom buck naked and laughing. His dad would always tell him if he came close he would "cut that thing off." It became a joke that would make him scream and giggle. Well, now dad had to explain how they were going to cut off part of it. He took it remarkably well for such a little boy.

Oh, the poor little guy! I chose not to circumcise, so there's a lot we need to learn about proper care.

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dissagree!!! You are saying that it is alright for someone to suggest another making physcial changes for ones selfish reasons. Male or female... its not alright. If you want a girlfriend with large brests, or a boyfriend who is cut/uncut.... go find one! Dont enter into a relationship with someone and then TRY to mold them to suit your prefrences.

I sort of disagree. I think people should be honest with their partners about characteristics they'd like to be changed. And the partner should be honest about whether he/she is willing. Sure, this can cause some instability or insecurity -- but compromise is an important part of a relationship. I'm willing to change some for my partner, especially if it's something unimportant to me. However, I'd also expect my partner to respect if I don't want to change something, since ultimately it's my body. Ultimatums would be a deal-breaker, but honesty and transparency don't require ultimatums.

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Don't know that you can answer along the good-bad axis
Most of us are as we were shortly after birth so the decision was made for us.
Being circumcised, I always wished I hadn't been and thought how cool natural guys looked.
As I age and after years of exercise, and since I was loosely cut, I often look more uncut than cut. Sensitivity was and is not an issue.
Now I need to be more concerned about hygiene. Not a problem but a consideration.
So if I could tick a box, I would prefer to be loosely cut and benefit from both options

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Yes. I fell for that one, too. We had our son circumcised, because of 'chronic phimosis'. Turns out it can't even be diagnosed at that age. Phimosis is the normal state at birth, to protect the head from being burned by uric acid, which is why so many circumcised boys have scarring of the pee hole (meatal stenosis). Check out the Oster study from Denmark. Phimosis is totally normal at 5. The foreskin sometimes does not loosen until puberty, or even after. Bottom line is your nephew got ripped off, by an ignorant or unscrupulous doctor. This is the price Americans pay, for having medical textbooks which do not include a foreskin. The parent is very likely as well informed, or ill informed, as the doctors. Either three were ignorant of basic human anatomy, in our case, or they were backing each other up, regardless of right or wrong.

scarletfury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yes. I fell for that one, too. We had our son circumcised, because of 'chronic phimosis'. Turns out it can't even be diagnosed at that age. Phimosis is the normal state at birth, to protect the head from being burned by uric acid, which is why so many circumcised boys have scarring of the pee hole (meatal stenosis). Check out the Oster study from Denmark. Phimosis is totally normal at 5. The foreskin sometimes does not loosen until puberty, or even after. Bottom line is your nephew got ripped off, by an ignorant or unscrupulous doctor. This is the price Americans pay, for having medical textbooks which do not include a foreskin. The parent is very likely as well informed, or ill informed, as the doctors. Either three were ignorant of basic human anatomy, in our case, or they were backing each other up, regardless of right or wrong.
Since when do textbooks not include foreskin? I don't understand that one at all.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh, the poor little guy! I chose not to circumcise, so there's a lot we need to learn about proper care.

When he's sitting in the tub, have him pull back the foreskin and clean around his glans. The warm water will make the skin more pliable.

The more he pulls it back, the easier it will become. The ones with problems may have been because the parents didn't teach them to pull it back when they were young. Talk to your pediatrician to confirm when he should start tugging at it. You don't want to tear, but you do want it to retract so it can grow into a healthy functional penis.

I don't agree with circumcision, and I wouldn't do it if I had kids either. In my opinion it is a barbaric un necessary procedure for an infant.
Later in life, if they do develop issues, have it done. Otherwise leave it be!

Last edited:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Part of his bathing routine. "Wash your body, and don't forget the nooks and crannies. Wash your ears out with the wash cloth...wash your belly button out, and wash your Pee Pee by pulling back the skin and clean it out too." Did you do this with him?

It really doesn't matter now since he's been corrected, but just curious if that was part of his bathing routine. (Not that it was right or wrong)

I was cut, but still had a bit of foreskin that I had to roll back and "Clean the crevices". Thats how I learned.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When he's sitting in the tub, have him pull back the foreskin and clean around his glans. The warm water will make the skin more pliable.

The more he pulls it back, the easier it will become. The ones with problems may have been because the parents didn't teach them to pull it back when they were young. Talk to your pediatrician to confirm when he should start tugging at it. You don't want to tear, but you do want it to retract so it can grow into a healthy functional penis.
The problems may also have been because they pulled it back before it was ready. Let him decide when it's ready, and then you may teach him to pull it back and wash it.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The problems may also have been because they pulled it back before it was ready. Let him decide when it's ready, and then you may teach him to pull it back and wash it.

Shouldn't the pediatrician decide when it's safe to pull it back?
Don't they check to make sure the foreskin hasn't fused to the glans with a q-tip and determine Yes or no? (I'm asking because I don't know)

The reason I say this is because what 4-5 yr old is going to do something that hurt a little bit. Most likely they won't.
It's the same as a shot. What kid is going to sign up for an immunization injection or dentist visit?