Is circumcision really that big of a deal?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by intelligentANDhung, Aug 6, 2007.

1. intelligentANDhung

intelligentANDhung New Member

I've really been pissed off lately that I was circumcised at birth, reading all the negative websites on how it reduces sexual pleasure, etc.

But I've realized that those sites are all extremely biased and more than likely can't be trusted. So I'm feeling a little more comfortable with my lack of a foreskin.

What do you guys think about it? Do you think circumcision is really worth losing sleep over?

2. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I'm not one to nag about similar threads being posted, people should be free to post what they want but there are a couple of active threads about circumcision going on at the moment.

3. SexyFront

SexyFront New Member

I think if you have to ask that question, then yes, it is worth losing sleep over.

4. chico8

chico8 New Member

I think the general consensus is that a foreskin does increase sexual pleasure for you and your partner.

If you were cut too tight or if you suffered any complications like skin bridges, skin tags, excessive scarring, etc, then yes, you should be upset about it.

I was cut so tight that blowjobs were out of the question. Even the slightest graze of a tooth led to injuries. I'm restoring my foreskin now but still can't bear the thought of someone giving me a blowjob.

Intact guys seem to have more intense orgasms. They also don't need to use lube to jo and the gliding sensation is a definite plus for guys with bigger dicks.

Some guys say sex is better without one, but I think they're in the minority.

5. sargon20

Gold Member

You won't find this 'fact' in any printed published material. You can find it in websites were there is no editor and no type of review. Pure unsupported propaganda.

6. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

You can also find it if you actually ask around people who were circumcised as an adult, some guys will say it made their sex life better but bear in mind that a lot of the adults who were circumcised were circumcised for medical reasons, so some of them weren't in the position to know how sex feels with a normal foreskin.
    Someone asked on here if cut or uncut was better, although not many people answered the people who answered were in the majority for uncut.

7. chico8

chico8 New Member

Sargon is an avowed enemy of foreskins. You won't find him saying anything nice about them at all. He also ignores the fact that the vast majority of men in the world are intact.

Also, dryness is a major source of discomfort for women during sex. Since a circumcised penis holds no moisture other than what little is at the tip of the urethra, it's not surprising that more American women complain of dryness than European women do. The foreskin not only holds moisture but on the outstroke prevents it from leaving the vagina.

Too much friction means the penis and the vagina are more likely to be abraded during sex. Abrasions of course provide a perfect opportunity for the transmission of STDs. That might well explain why the US has a higher rate of AIDS than does Europe.

8. Yorkie

Gold Member

Albums:
    You've read everything that's ever been printed anywhere haven't you? :tongue:

9. D_Neasham Teattunger

As someone who has been both, I have to say that it's really not that big of a deal. It really isn't. Sex was good before getting circ'd, it's just as good after.

You will find that most of the opinions posted here and elsewhere are from people who have never experienced both. That doesn't stop them from claiming to know exactly how it feels. Hell, SpoiledPrincess doesn't even have a penis, but that doesn't stop here from being the ultimate authority on the subject. Just keep this in mind as you continue reading and obsessing over it.

10. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

You will find quite a few of the opinions are from men who have experienced both, if I was a doctor I still wouldn't have a penis but I'd be an authority on it, my sex has nothing to do with it and bear in mind that I probably have hands on experience of quite a few dicks.

11. Principessa

Gold Member

I am not an expert on this. As a matter of fact, I usually avoid the "circumcision is evil threads" here like the plague. However a thought occurred to me (it happens sometimes :tongue:). It is my understanding that most American men were uncut up until and for a while after WWII. Is this because of the Holocaust? God Forbid history should repeat itself. In America you would be hard pressed to tell Jewish men from anybody else if you were only going to go by the circumcised penis. Perhaps this is a reason it was done routinely for so many years.

Circumcision
    In a tradition dating back to the biblical patriarch Abraham, infant male Jews have been ritually circumcised as a sign of the Jewish people’s covenant with God. Even during the bleakest days of Nazi persecution, Jews tried to observe this practice. Because non-Jews in continental Europe generally were not circumcised, German and collaborationist police commonly checked males apprehended in raids. For boys attempting to hide their Jewish identity, using a public restroom or participating in sports could lead to their discovery. More rarely, they underwent painful procedures to disguise the mark of circumcision or even dressed as girls.

12. D_Neasham Teattunger

I'll bet I've handled more than you have, honey. And both types at that. And you know what else, it was all good.

13. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Have I ever said a circumcised cock wasn't good, I like them all although I'm less familiar with circumcised and I find a foreskin a whole lot of fun.

14. Mr._dB

Mr._dB New Member

Circumcision in America took hold long before WWII. The fad began during the Victorian era, the late 1890s. My dad was born in one of the poorest parts of the country, Dust-Bowl Oklahoma, in 1923, into a dirt-poor family, and even he was cut. As was his brother, my uncle, born in 1899.

Circumcision was promoted by Dr. Kellogg and other questionable medical practitioners in the late 1800s as a panacaea which supposedly prevented a wide variety of ailments including dementia and masturbation.

15. Principessa

Gold Member

Oh God, Dr. Kellogg, say no more. I am familiar with the teachings of him and Ellen G. White. I love Kelloggs cereals but the man was a bit of a Fruit Loop. :tongue:

16. Snozzle

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    On an absolute scale, circumcision is not the most important thing, or the least important thing. On a logarithmic scale from "feeding rocks" at 1 to "saving the Universe" at 10, it probably ranks about 5.

But your mileage can vary. If you were cut as a baby, never thought about it, all your friends are too, and you enjoy sex, no, it's not important (to you).

But if your sex is not what it might be, and you think circumcision is responsible - or you know it is, because it was botched, or it was badly botched, then yes it is pretty important. And if it led to your death, as it sometimes does, then it's supremely important, but you're not reading this.

So there's no single answer.

17. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

Few things are worth losing sleep over. Its understandable that you are mad that you were circumcised but it happened and now you can move on People will find you desirable and sexy with or without a foreskin so dont give it any more power or any power to the negative people whp say it is a shame you do not have it or that you were butchered. Let me ask since you are circumcised Do you remember it? If you dont then its not that big a deal. I have a niece who had surgery as a 3 month old and she has no recollection of it and is not scared of needles or hospitals so clearly people do not suffer mental trauma from this until somone on the internet says they do.

18. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

At least this much of the quote I agree with. It's done, don't obsess over it.

But back on topic, circumcision is not really that big a deal - IF YOU ARE THAT WAY BY CHOICE. I know you were, but as above, you can't change it now, so it's something you will just have to live with.

But if you are ever in the position to make that choice for someone else (i. e. an infant): don't. Let him make it for himself.

19. chico8

chico8 New Member

I absolutely agree. Men should be able to make their own decision about genital integrity, not have it made for them.

20. intelligentANDhung

intelligentANDhung New Member

I wasn't botched and my cut was very loose so I still have plenty of shaft mobility even when fully erect, masturbation is still extremely pleasurable, I've never had dry skin in that area, I've really had no problems. Which is why I'm not as worried about it as I have been. But some guys were cut to the point that their shaft was smaller than their erect length, so erections would be painful, part of their shaft healed to the glans, they have over-drying, etc.

It is because of these botched guys that it should be stopped, things like that should not be risked simply because of tradition and superstition.

Draft saved Draft deleted