Is circumcision really that big of a deal?

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
An article on restoration.
I still think it's bizarre, but it was interesting to read.
Semendemon if I've understood you correctly, and maybe I haven't - you had your foreskin amputated because of recurring tinea cruris (jock itch). I've had recurring tinea pedis (athlete's foot) since my teens and I've still got all my toes. You may have had good results with gentian violet. That's what I use on my feet.

For many of us, genital cutting is the most bizarre of acts.

D

deleted15807

I can show you an equally valid study saying that the cells in the foreskin are especially resistant to aids, a study where six major australasian medical authorities declared routine circumcision did more harm than good, a study which said 57% of RIC's had complications, a whole load of other studies which contradict this one, but you wouldn't listen to them would you :)

Address your concerns to:

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Golden Graham

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
In answer to your original Question :

I don't know, I've never been circuncised.

Here's another question :

Which does a woman prefer, Cut or Uncut.

P.S. I have seen a couple of Documentaries where some women much prefer Cut, and other women say Uncut is better.

Cor. Vive la difference.

yarraman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Anti-AIDS Program To Fund Circumcision
U.S. Initiative Targets African Men

[SIZE=-1]By Craig Timberg[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Washington Post Foreign Service[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Monday, August 20, 2007; A10[/SIZE]

JOHANNESBURG, Aug. 19 -- President Bush's $15 billion anti-AIDS program will begin investing significant money in making circumcision available to African men seeking to protect themselves from HIV, top U.S. health officials said Sunday.

PROVES AGAIN, THE WAR CRIMINAL INTERFERING IN OTHER COUNTRIES.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've really been pissed off lately that I was circumcised at birth, Are you able to get an erection and ejaculate? Do you generally speaking enjoy sex? Then get over it and move on. reading all the negative websites on how it reduces sexual pleasure, etc. Pfffttt! :09: :tired:
But I've realized that those sites are all extremely biased and more than likely can't be trusted. Well D'oh! :doh: So I'm feeling a little more comfortable with my lack of a foreskin. Praise God!

What do you guys think about it? Do you think circumcision is really worth losing sleep over? Nope, not at all. As a matter of fact I was disheartened to see yet another thread on this topic.

Anti-AIDS Program To Fund Circumcision -
U.S. Initiative Targets African Men
By Craig Timberg
Washington Post Foreign Service
Monday, August 20, 2007; A10

JOHANNESBURG, Aug. 19 -- President Bush's $15 billion anti-AIDS program will begin investing significant money in making circumcision available to African men seeking to protect themselves from HIV, top U.S. health officials said Sunday.

PROVES AGAIN, THE WAR CRIMINAL INTERFERING IN OTHER COUNTRIES.

That is the biggest crock-o-shit we've exported since the Jerry Springer show and far more damaging. :mad: What they need to do is tell those damn fools in Africa that raping female virgins, some as young as 6 months old will not cleanse them of HIV or AIDS. :mad:

D_Neasham Teattunger

Just Browsing
Media
Semendemon if I've understood you correctly, and maybe I haven't - you had your foreskin amputated because of recurring tinea cruris (jock itch). I've had recurring tinea pedis (athlete's foot) since my teens and I've still got all my toes. You may have had good results with gentian violet. That's what I use on my feet.
For many of us, genital cutting is the most bizarre of acts.

There is little that I say that has any validity to you, but please trust me on this one statement — It was much worse than having it on your feet.

I don't remember which infection it was, but I remember my doctor saying it was related to both of the fungi that you mention. As I said, it was a lot more annoying than than having it on the foot, mainly because the area is more tender, plus you don't have sex or urinate with your foot. It also occurred much more frequently than on the foot. (Usually 3 or more times a year under the foreskin as opposed to once every 2 or 3 years on my feet.) Tinactin (Tolnaftate) offered relief, but you had to use it for two full weeks and no sex during that period. In the summer months (May to Sept in Southern Calif) I'd apply it prophylactically about twice a week, but then I'd have to wash it off if I anticipated having sex. I'd had a bad occurrence during a long wilderness trip one summer and decided that I'd had enough of the whole ordeal.

I think I would miss my toes, but I have no regrets whatsoever over loosing that foreskin. In fact, it was quite liberating. I don't miss it any more than my tonsils.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For people whose tonsils were chronically infected, including myself, a tonsilectormy was medically indicated and provided significant relief. However, in the 50s and 60s, particularly, routine prophylcatic tonsitlectomy became all the rage. I personally know of parents who had all of their children's tonsils removed the same day, apparently so they would only have to take care of recuperating kids through one recovery. It was later determined that uninfected tonsils are an improtant part of the immune system.
Sorry, no cigar.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've really been pissed off lately that I was circumcised at birth, Are you able to get an erection and ejaculate? Do you generally speaking enjoy sex? Then get over it and move on.

So lets put you under the knife and carve your girly bits up and tell you to just get over it!You sound like my mother,she live's alone too, because neither one of you knows respect for a man and his body!So you have fun masturbating and taking care of your parents.:mad:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So lets put you under the knife and carve your girly bits up and tell you to just get over it! Been there done that got the t-shirt and the post-op staph infection (which damn near killed me) to prove it. :mad: My Gynecologic Oncologist, a male, and head of the department at Univ. of Penn Medical Center told me just that, after telling me I had vulvar cancer and would need surgery on Monday. It was Thursday. :headache: I went from wondering how to celebrate my 40th birthday to wondering if I would live to celebrate my 40th birthday in the blink of an eye. :aargh4: The bastard actually had the nerve to tell me that a womans body was designed to be torn apart down there due to childbirth and could easily heal itself. We all know women for whom that is not true.
You sound like my mother, she live's alone too, because neither one of you knows respect for a man and his body! Excuse me, I used to like you and think you were a nice guy; but I see now you are eaten up by hate and bitterness. I'm sorry for whatever abuse you suffered at the hands of your mother, stepfather and God only knows who else; but you have chosen to live your live wallowing in that hate. I wish you and yours well. So you have fun masturbating and taking care of your parents.:mad: :wtf2: So you are wishing me ill will because I chose to do the honorable thing, the right thing, (as per the bible) and assist in the care of my father who has recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. No wonder your life sucks so much.

Fuck it!
Ed69, you can kiss my SWEET, BLACK ASS!
I have survived a violent rape in which I had teeth knocked out, nightriders, and vulvar cancer the likes of petty people like you will not destroy me.

njqt466 puts yet another ignorant jackass on ignore! :headache: :12:

(Exo 20:12 KJV) "Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee."
This command is reiterated in Ephesians chapter six.
(Eph 6:1-4 KJV) "Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. {2} Honor thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; {3} That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. {4} And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord."

D_Neasham Teattunger

Just Browsing
Media
For people whose tonsils were chronically infected, including myself, a tonsilectormy was medically indicated and provided significant relief. However, in the 50s and 60s, particularly, routine prophylcatic tonsitlectomy became all the rage. I personally know of parents who had all of their children's tonsils removed the same day, apparently so they would only have to take care of recuperating kids through one recovery. It was later determined that uninfected tonsils are an improtant part of the immune system.
Sorry, no cigar.

I'm sorry I mentioned them. I didn't intend to shift the thread to the importance of tonsils. How important they are is still subject to debate. In any case, it doesn't change the fact that I still don't miss the foreskin.

jeffs

Sexy Member
Media
I've really been pissed off lately that I was circumcised at birth, reading all the negative websites on how it reduces sexual pleasure, etc.

But I've realized that those sites are all extremely biased and more than likely can't be trusted.

It's good that you realized that. Most of those websites are meant to deter people from having their children circumcised. That's obviously a good thing, but as a result they often make it sound as if a man who's circumcised can put a nail through his penis and not feel it. Millions of circumcised men will tell you that they can in fact feel their penises. Personally I think they should do whatever it takes to get people to stop mutilating their children, but the unindented consequence is that a lot of circumcised men end up feeling even worse about something that in many cases they had no way of stopping in the first place. (A lot of guys don't understand this, but finding out that you were mutilated as a child can be very traumatizing.)

The "amount" of difference between an intact and circumcised penis is something that can't really be measured, because it's a matter of perception. No one can tell another person what he "would have felt" or "will feel". Even a person who has been circumcised as an adult can't really compare the two states because once you're circumcised, you no longer have anything to compare to. And you can't compare one person to another - a circumcised man might seem to have less sensitivity and "less intense orgasms" to his sexual partner than an intact man, but no one can say with any certainty that the circumcised man would have had more intense orgasms if he has been left intact or if the intact man's intense orgasms are directly related to his foreskin. People are different. Similarly, not all intact men have "explosively sensitive" frenula the way many websites make it sound (not every intact guy can just blow on his frenulum and have an orgasm - some can, some can't, and some circumcised men can), and not all intact man have glandes that look like wet plastic and have the smooth texture of the inside of your cheek. Many do, but a lot of intact men have "dry" heads that look similar to those of circumcised men, particularly when their foreskins have been retracted for a while.

The idea that an intact penis is capable of more feelings and more intense feelings than a circumcised one seems to go without saying - any body part that's been so significantly altered by surgery will tend to be less sensitive than it was before. Circumcised penises are missing a lot of structures intact penises have and scar tissue obviously inhibits sensitivity; there's no point in trying to sugar-coat it. But you definitely shouldn't "lose sleep" over it. Don't let other people give you a complex! If you're really bothered by it, you might consider foreskin restoration (which, granted, is usually a long an arduous process, but it might be right for you).

A lot of people who've had sex with both intact and circumcised men will say that the intact men had "more intense orgasms" or that they were "more sensitive" (or that the circumcised men were less sensitive). I'm not sure how someone can judge what someone else is feeling well enough to actually make that kind of determination (like I said, everyone is different), but I've personally asked a lot of gay men about it and while some have said the same thing, others have said it wasn't true at all. (One guy even came right out and said it was "b*llshit".) I find that difficult to believe (it's preposterous to think a circumcised penis is exactly as sensitive as it would have been if it were intact), but it does show that not everyone is as hung up about it as we may think and that the differences aren't necessarily as significant as those websites make it sound. I've also found that a lot of intact guys have compassion for men who were circumcised , and many others don't consider it to be an issue at all.

I apologize for not reading most of this thread to see if these things have been stated before, but it seemed to instantly devolve into the same type of morality argument and petty fighting most threads about this subject become. The original poster just wanted to know if he should allow himself to be bothered by this issue. He was looking for support, which is what this forum is supposed to be about. :wink:

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A very sensible comment. To me, the sensitivity issue is real. When I keep my glans covered for most of the day for a couple of weeks, sensation increases significantly.

The larger issue is of protecting infants and children who are not able to informed consent. It doesn't matter if people, for example, whose earlobes are removed in infancy can hear just as well. As a society, we don't allow that regarless of religious, ostensible hygienic, parental personal preference, or parental ear obe status reasons. To me it is directly analogous and the principle is clear.

When I was born, it was not questioned. As such, I don't blame my parents. They followed bad medical advice. If they made the same decision today, given all the discussion, controversy, and the fact that it can wait until a person can give informed consent, I would be PISSED. LIkewise, any physician who can't see this these days deserves to be sued. I sure would try.