Is Cyber Love Possible?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very definitely! LPSG is responsible for at least three marriages and even more long-term relationships.
True, but this is just the internet. :tongue:

Please, however, do not make the mistake I did and wait to declare your intentions.
I think we have all made that mistake at some point. :frown1:

The longer you wait the more your brain will fill-in missing gaps with fantasies of how perfect you'd be together, making any disappointment hurt far more than you can imagine. Let whomever it is know now, before you get too involved.

I hate to go off topic; but this is yet another reason why multiple accounts are a bad thing. You never know with whom you are "falling in love."

scarletfury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's possible. I've been there, in love with someone I talked to at one point but I didn't like it at all, simply because me and her were not near one another. =/

To me, I don't have any problems dealing with infatuation or a crush on someone online but all out love is something I want to avoid. I know many people who do fine even if it's someone online, so I can't say my feelings speak for theirs.

D_Budd_Hert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I guess so ? My wife met someone on MySpace ...now we're dovorced n she has a new girlfriend ! lol ....Really !....As for myself ? yes ! I've fallen ! but almost lost a good friend out of it ....So ! unless ur really planning on hooking up....becareful.....like Nj said...This is the internet !!! Good luck n be safe ....

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It is completely possible! It happened to me recently. Fell in love with a man I had met on a messageboard, who lives approximately 4,500 miles away from me... across an ocean! Thank God for Skype, right? :tongue: That man (Tobias) is now here in town visiting me, and will be for the next 3 weeks. He's simply amazing, and the love I've felt for him has intensified greatly since he's been here. It's awesome. I don't want him to leave!!! So enjoy it... whether it works out or not, just have fun... don't think too much about the future.

It is completely possible! It happened to me recently. Fell in love with a man I had met on a messageboard, who lives approximately 4,500 miles away from me... across an ocean! Thank God for Skype, right? :tongue: That man (Tobias) is now here in town visiting me, and will be for the next 3 weeks. He's simply amazing, and the love I've felt for him has intensified greatly since he's been here. It's awesome. I don't want him to leave!!! So enjoy it... whether it works out or not, just have fun... don't think too much about the future.

I'm very happy for you Meg! That's the best news I've had all day!:biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here's my problem: As much as I really want to be in love, I think I am way too pragmatic to allow myself to fall in love with someone who lives 1,500 miles, let alone 4,500 miles away. :redface: How and why would you let your walls down like that? :confused:

Here's my problem: As much as I really want to be in love, I think I am way too pragmatic to allow myself to fall in love with someone who lives 1,500 miles, let alone 4,500 miles away. :redface: How and why would you let your walls down like that? :confused:

Because despite all the risks, it's worth it. And that's speaking as someone who took a risk and failed. It's good to know I can love like that.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
That's easy for you to say, since you already got yours. :wink:

Au contraire, NJ - he still lives the other side of the ocean from me. This is not easy... this is the really fucking difficult part. But still worth it.

Because despite all the risks, it's worth it. And that's speaking as someone who took a risk and failed. It's good to know I can love like that.

Agreed.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

because distance is something that can easily be resolved...

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Austin, I was in one that lasted for six years. We had strong feelings for each other and became very close (we saw each other on several occasions). However, when it became too real for him, he backed out of the relationship without saying a word-- it was that easy for him.... :frown1: It's already been a year, and I am not completely over him. In spite of what has happened, I still love him and miss him a lot. Was it worthwhile? Of course it was.

Is Cyber Love possible? Yes, several members have proved it. Just be careful.

Last edited:

chip59

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
because distance is something that can easily be resolved...

My partner of 8 years turned his life completely upside down and moved here from Germany to be with me. It was a huge commitment from both of us, as it took 10 months, 2 not-so-willing lesbians in the same boat, 1 expensive immigration attorney and a complete financial meltdown. We were scared s**tless of Immigration, our families were in a uproar and the company I worked for shut it's doors the day before he got here. Whew!
However....
On one of his "is this a good idea?" trips back and forth to Atlanta , we ate at a Chinese restaurant and stupid as it sounds, that was what cemented the deal. Why was that? Because we both got the same fortune cookie that said "where there's a will, there's a way" No sane people on earth put their faith in a fortune cookie, but we did.
We made it happen through sheer force of will.

Good luck:wink:

scarletfury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I wish I could let my walls down to someone 4000 miles away... but I know what would happen. I'd break down knowing it's impossible to hold, kiss or be with anyone so far. My depression would hit me far worse than it has already. :(

Last edited:

B_Austin Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well it might be over - i've not spoken to him in almost a week now. Suddenly out of the blue he's not on Skype and not emailing me anymore. I had a feeling this might happen. He seems only interested if the conversation turns to sex. When i don't want to talk about sex, the conversations are cut short. :rolleyes:

Oh well. I'll let you know if it goes anywhere, but I'm very doubtful now.

D_ShiaLeTubeSteak

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
of course! ... I think ive found this too on LPSG, .. its crazy, i have the hotts for someone after one camming session, and a long talk on life! ... Nuts, but ... go for it! x