Is dating much younger women than you ok ?

jtheimpaler

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I see now in social media a push back against age gap relationship especially with the straight man being older. Leo gets maligned for liking younger women. I’m curious to know what you straight men think. In the gay world it’s different and not a big deal.

I was walking on the street today in Manhattan and I saw a guy tell his friend you are 30 and hanging out with a 21 year old lol

Is it fair game after 18 ? Or legal age of consent ?
If you are two consenting adults…. Rock on
There can often be underlying reasons for the relationship / sex…. As long as everyone is up front …. Fuck on

D

deleted10500801

Depends. If the there's a massive power imbalance, like the guy is a manager, college lecturer or some other position of authority or has a public profile in society then a definite no. But if there's no power imbalance etc... and they both consenting, its fine.

Reactions: lapdog2001

Fredneck1951

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some adhere to “the high school rule”, i.e., if the person was in high school when you were, that’s acceptable (+/- 4 years).

The Han Chinese believe that a man’s ideal spouse should be at least seven years younger than he is, and more is better. They believe that a spouse too close in age (or, heavens, older) steals a man’s shen mingl, or life force. In the corporate world, men who want to advance are frequently urged (in no uncertain terms) to divorce first wives and remarry younger women. My Taiwanese boss was “forced” by his boss to dump his college sweetheart, he married a woman 12 years younger, and suffered a heart attack (he survived, but the women in the office sniggered behind his back forevermore).

Assman1

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Depends. If the there's a massive power imbalance, like the guy is a manager, college lecturer or some other position of authority or has a public profile in society then a definite no. But if there's no power imbalance etc... and they both consenting, its fine.
Don't over think it. The question was dating a much younger woman.

If a guy can afford it and perform, go for it!

Assman1

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hell, they're all younger than me! I like them early 30's---some experience, reaching their sexual peak, value what I can give , have seen enough cocks to appreciate mine.

And have some emotional maturity.
28-38 years old are the best! Still young enough to look incredible but old enough to know what they want and do most of the work, if some guys need help.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All these open-minded guys here...Shit changes up real fast when you have a daughter and live in a place where the age of consent is 16.
When that young thing is your high school aged daughter, I wonder if the attitudes are the same when her new beau is your old classmate, or your current coworker. For the record the attitude should be the same with our sons, but I know society isn't as fervent in protecting them in the same way.

RyanMars

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
All these open-minded guys here...Shit changes up real fast when you have a daughter and live in a place where the age of consent is 16.
When that young thing is your high school aged daughter, I wonder if the attitudes are the same when her new beau is your old classmate, or your current coworker. For the record the attitude should be the same with our sons, but I know society isn't as fervent in protecting them in the same way.
A mess. It seems men can only realize this once they have a daughter?

D

deleted10500801

Don't over think it. The question was dating a much younger woman.

If a guy can afford it and perform, go for it!

Not over thinking. You’re projecting and reacting.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Except the original question was women over 18 and most of the responses have been about women around 30, so nowhere near the age you two have referred.
Fair... but 18 is still HS aged for many students with early birthdays, and I'm willing to bet unless you had your children at a very young age yourself, your average man is still going to have an issue with a man his age dating his daughter up to 21-25, especially if he considers himself a good and present father figure in her life.

So, my point is: the argument against sleeping with someone for being too young it is based on the idea of the older one taking advantage of the younger, right? Like, if you are too young you don't really know what you are doing and therefore a person with bad intentions can use you in a way you don't really want.

Said that, and understanding that every case is different, if we would discussing it from the legal point of view it makes sense to have some kind of barrier separating "too young" from "old enough". This is, we consider than, from a certain moment, a person should be mature enough to being able to fend by themselves (Of course an 18 year old person can be taken advantage of, as a 40 year old person can also). And if we are going to choose a more or less arbitrary age to decide when people is mature, it make sense to choose the same age for everything.

I don't know if relationships with a big age difference (I did not know the expression May/September hookups, thank you!) are something intrinsically different where the society, as a whole, as to take a stand and decide what is good and what is bad. In general, when it comes to relationships, it should be mostly up to the people involved in that particular one and not to anyone else to define its terms. The law (or the society) should be there to ensure that everyone is respected as an individual at every occasion, that's it.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So, my point is: the argument against sleeping with someone for being too young it is based on the idea of the older one taking advantage of the younger, right? Like, if you are too young you don't really know what you are doing and therefore a person with bad intentions can use you in a way you don't really want.

Said that, and understanding that every case is different, if we would discussing it from the legal point of view it makes sense to have some kind of barrier separating "too young" from "old enough". This is, we consider than, from a certain moment, a person should be mature enough to being able to fend by themselves (Of course an 18 year old person can be taken advantage of, as a 40 year old person can also). And if we are going to choose a more or less arbitrary age to decide when people is mature, it make sense to choose the same age for everything.

I don't know if relationships with a big age difference (I did not know the expression May/September hookups, thank you!) are something intrinsically different where the society, as a whole, as to take a stand and decide what is good and what is bad. In general, when it comes to relationships, it should be mostly up to the people involved in that particular one and not to anyone else to define its terms. The law (or the society) should be there to ensure that everyone is respected as an individual at every occasion, that's it.
I too, use the law as precedent in a lot of my thinking, and I see wide age gaps kind of existing in parallel to the teacher/student construct we definitely do have laws in place for. One could initially think that's simply a statutory issue, but it extends to college as well. I think, along with the boss/employee construct, it's far too easy to muddle the arguments as to whom has the propensity to be the predator in that situation, wherein I think the laws and policies that do exist against them are to protect both parties from a construct that is inherently rife with incentive for one party to take advantage of the other; or indicative of some undiagnosed or untreated trauma, or behavioral/societal deviation.
I'll respect their legality and allow them peace in their own autonomous existence, but the unfortunate consequence of societal participation is some measure of societal judgement, and opinions of respect do not have to include a championing or embrace.