Is Donald Rumsfeld a War Criminal?

Yes, but I've always thought he was.
He reminds me of sadistic gym instructors, let loose with far more manpower. :/

Can't find him mentioned in the article tho. :S

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Yes.

He has been for quite some time. I don't see him ever being brought to task for it, though.

And it's not just the Americans and their chain of command that are guilty of war crimes.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Please! You wouldn't be saying that if he was an Obama dude.

I don't know if this remark is aimed at me or not, since you didn't quote anyone. However, since it directly follows my comment, I will treat it as if it were aimed at me.

You obviously know nothing about me, or my political knowledge or beliefs.

PRESIDENT Obama (yes, he is our president and he deserves the respect of being addressed as such) is a man. He surrounds himself with human beings. He is not a god, nor do I pretend that he is. As a non-god human being, I know he is prone to mistakes. I know that the human beings he surrounds himself with are prone to mistakes. If President Obama hired Donald Rumsfeld tomorrow, my opinion of Mr. Rumsfeld would not change. He is a warmonger of the worst color. He's a warmonger of the economically scavenging sort. The riches he raked in from the Iraqi wars is beyond ridiculous. He is a criminal.

If you disagree, please feel free to weigh in with examples. Discuss your disagreement with me. I'm all for civil discourse. Discourse is how we learn things, and learning is good. It leads to knowledge.

If you simply want to Obamabash you can do that on any of the 8,000 or so threads that have been created specifically for that purpose. Your contribution on those threads will not seem nearly as childish, petty, and ultimately inconsequential as they do here, on this thread, which has absolutely nothing to do with the President at all.

Thank you. Have a good day.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Please! You wouldn't be saying that if he was an Obama dude.
Cheney was a war criminal long before Barack Obama became President or Senator. And he should be thanking President Obama from holding back the pitch fork holding masses who would like to see him brought to justice.

Pecker Check

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The idea that Rumsfeld was merely following orders from Cheney is worth considering, but where did the connection between these guys come from? Way back, in the Nixon years, Dick came to work FOR Donald only after he was able to demonstrate that he was sufficiently ruthless to measure (is the term up?) to Rumsfeld's hawkish standards.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
but the US does not recognise the concept of war crimes committed by its own rulers. One or two countries where he might find his legal situation a bit awkward if he went on holiday, but then one or two countries where it might not be the legal situation which was his biggest worry. Blair might be in a more risky position.

I know Blair sanctioned the war in Iraq - but not sure he's guilty of the same types of sadistic crimes as Rumsfeld...

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hell yeah... Along with BUSH & CHENEY !!!

History will come to think of them only slightly better than we think of Hitler cause their administration was sociologically akin to the Third Reich. The similarities were both remarkable and frightening !

~HH~

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
always a diffiuclut question, who is the more guilty, the one who comits the warcrimes with a gun in the field, or the one who authorised the action in the first place. Couldnt possibly say much Blair knew in detail about torture of suspects. The british government sanctioned US flights carrying prisoners being kidnapped and passed on to third parties for 'processing' stopping off in Britain for refuelling. Difficult to see how this might have been done without authorisation from the top of government.

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media
Yes, and I second both Indy, and Bucko's points. Rummy incepted the plan, Cheney the strategy/sales job/justification, and Bush the target. John Woo gave them legal "cover." Of them all, Cheney seems the most capable, and most culpable.