Is Donald Rumsfeld a War Criminal?

always a diffiuclut question, who is the more guilty, the one who comits the warcrimes with a gun in the field, or the one who authorised the action in the first place. Couldnt possibly say much Blair knew in detail about torture of suspects. The british government sanctioned US flights carrying prisoners being kidnapped and passed on to third parties for 'processing' stopping off in Britain for refuelling. Difficult to see how this might have been done without authorisation from the top of government.
It's all a bit of a sorry episode. :redface:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Yes, and I second both Indy, and Bucko's points. Rummy incepted the plan, Cheney the strategy/sales job/justification, and Bush the target. John Woo gave them legal "cover." Of them all, Cheney seems the most capable, and most culpable.
Ditto, with this caveat:

Although certainly culpable, I believe Bush was primarily the front man for these puppetmasters and others.

Last edited:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ditto, with this caveat:

Although certainly culpable, I believe Bush was primarily the front man for these puppetmasters and others.

I agree entirely with this, though I don't believe any of them should escape the consequences of their decisions, starting top-down.