Is England a Failed Nation?

D

deleted15807

Every nation will eventually fail. Success is never final. Mankind will fail one day.

Hey! Britain still provides the world with many wonderful things. They include:

1. musical theatre;
2. the best infomercial spokepersons;
3. another royal wedding;
4. a place for failed US Dentists to go;
5. fish and chips;
6. films about closed mining towns;
7. Spanish tourists;
7. ...uh...I'm sure there's more...

Thanks nicenycdick, for your completely unprompted addition to your list. :tongue:

You have 2 number 7s.

How about a few more wonderful things provided by the UK.

9. Drifterwood
10. Elgar
11. MoT
12. Rowling
13. Joll
14. Shakespeare

Awww. :biggrin1:

Football
Innate hauteur
Yorkshire Pud
Real Ale
The Queen
Stonehenge
Pageantry
Lotus/Land Rover/Jaguar
Tea
Adele
Curious Angel, MoT & Joll 3somes.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

1. musical theatre;
2. the best infomercial spokepersons;
3. another royal wedding;
4. a place for failed US Dentists to go;
5. fish and chips;
6. films about closed mining towns;
7. Spanish tourists;
7. ...uh...I'm sure there's more...

As you mention dentists, I wish to make a serious point for those who care. Our dentistry is excellent but doesn't focus on straightening teeth as the US seems to. In short, I have no fillings, no decay and straight white teeth. But - not a Hollywood smile...quite. (It's still brilliant though - see?) :biggrin1:

Thanks nicenycdick, for your completely unprompted addition to your list. :tongue:

You have 2 number 7s.

How about a few more wonderful things provided by the UK.

9. Drifterwood
10. Elgar
11. MoT
11.5. curious_angel
12. Rowling
13. Joll
14. Shakespeare

:redface: You...are...awesome. Thank you, I'm flattered! You would certainly be on my list! Wedged between me and Rowling.
*:rolleyes: dreams the dream* :biggrin1:

Football
Innate hauteur
Yorkshire Pud
Real Ale
The Queen
Stonehenge
Pageantry
Lotus/Land Rover/Jaguar
Tea
Adele

Thanks, Joll baby! You're too kind!

Last edited:

As you mention dentists, I wish to make a serious point for those who care. Our dentistry is excellent but doesn't focus on straightening teeth as the US seems to. In short, I have no fillings, no decay and straight white teeth. But - not a Hollywood smile...quite. (It's still brilliant though - see?) :biggrin1:
Whereas mine are like a row of jagged rocks. :wink:

Thanks, Joll baby! You're too kind!
I know. Was tempted to just go for me and Curious, but....didn't have the heart. :wink: (kiddin)

Last edited by a moderator:

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whereas mine are like a row of jagged rocks. :wink:
Shh! The outsiders were believing me! :tongue:

I know. Was tempted to just go for me and Curious, but....didn't have the heart. :wink: (kiddin)

:eek: I was hurt at first and I began to prepare for :wank:. Thankfully, you gave me hope in the end. :wink:

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

Football
Innate hauteur
Yorkshire Pud
Real Ale
The Queen
Stonehenge
Pageantry
Lotus/Land Rover/Jaguar
Tea
Adele
So we need to visit Stonehenge in a Jaguar, while listening to Adele and sporting an unmistakable air of hauteur. We can watch a Man U match, while Adele plays depressing background music. I'll have tea and you have a pint of Ale, while we enjoy a Yorkshire Pud.

Then MoT and Tardis arrive. Does that make a party? A flesh pile?

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So we need to visit Stonehenge in a Jaguar, while listening to Adele and sporting an unmistakable air of hauteur. We can watch a Man U match, while Adele plays depressing background music. I'll have tea and you have a pint of Ale, while we enjoy a Yorkshire Pud.

That sounds amazing. Count me in! :smile:

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
You're on my list too, Doctor.

Least someone loves yah :frown1:

Hey I am no longer a Failure ^^, Quick Stan, jump on England is rising on LPSG, thanks peeps.

RobbieG

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I wouldn't argue against the USA being a failure right now.

I disagree with this. The USA is a great nation (Best in the world) and I plan on moving there when I save up enough money.

In short; yes.

Totally agree with you.

"Failed nation" seems a gross exaggeration, intended to provoke. What's your game here?

To discuss why England has become a failed nation.

I lived in England for few years, I can't say its a failed nation but I can say its not as good as it use to be.

It's going downhil fast and alot of English people want to leave and go to the USA, Spain, Italy, Canada, Australia, France, etc.

The UK is still one of the top half a dozen wealthiest nations.Hardly a failure.You're post is just silly!

How much debt is it in?

Actually, they're pretty funny, like this one, where he describes what it's like having an imaginary e-penis that's 8x8 soft, 10x12 hard, though when he's really excited it's a full 12" long. LOLOL!

* sniffs the air *

Does anyone else smell troll poop?

I have a 12 inch penis but I don't know what that's got to do with England being a failed nation.

:rolleyes: If it's that bad please feel free to move....oh, but you can't leave because our infrastructure has failed...oh well....

I'm leaving and going to the USA (California to be precise) when i've saved up enough money.

The UK is about 1% of the world's population. Thier performance as such has been quite remarkable and still is in every sphere that you mention. Do you know any of the facts?

What facts are these?

And England also has;

1. High unemployment rate
2. S**t at nearly every sport despite inventing them
3. S**ty rainy, cold weather (Yes even in Summer)
4. In debt and all the main services getting cut by the government
5. Many people that want to leave the country
6. Most of the music is rubbish now and simply can't compete with American music
7. High crime rates for a Western European country
8. Not tough on crime so a murderer could get less than 10 years in jail.
9. Can't produce decent cars anymore (The Frence, Japanesse, Germans and Americans easily produce better cars than us now)

And I could list many more if I had the time.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I disagree with this. The USA is a great nation (Best in the world) and I plan on moving there when I save up enough money.

Totally agree with you.

To discuss why England has become a failed nation.

It's going downhil fast and alot of English people want to leave and go to the USA, Spain, Italy, Canada, Australia, France, etc.

How much debt is it in?

I have a 12 inch penis but I don't know what that's got to do with England being a failed nation.

I'm leaving and going to the USA (California to be precise) when i've saved up enough money.

What facts are these?

And England also has;

1. High unemployment rate
2. S**t at nearly every sport despite inventing them
3. S**ty rainy, cold weather (Yes even in Summer)
4. In debt and all the main services getting cut by the government
5. Many people that want to leave the country
6. Most of the music is rubbish now and simply can't compete with American music
7. High crime rates for a Western European country
8. Not tough on crime so a murderer could get less than 10 years in jail.
9. Can't produce decent cars anymore (The Frence, Japanesse, Germans and Americans easily produce better cars than us now)

And I could list many more if I had the time.

I believe you're an American troll and that you do indeed have the time. If you had actually spent time in England, you would realise your list is just silly. Either that, or you need a crutch for your brain.

If England a failed nation,no I don't believe it is we are just currently in an economical climate as the majority of the western world as a result of a recession.

England unemployment rate=7.8%
USA unemployment rate = 8.8%

As for how were do at sports, we do well in main sports e.g. Football getting to the semi finals of the world cup the last 3 out of 4 world cups.

Weather- Yes we don't have a constantly sunny climate but its still nice and as English we live with it.

Debt- That is primarily to blame to the recent recession and the vast amounts being spent on the middle east wars which we are currently engaged in.

Many people wanting to leave the country, yes the amount of people emigrating from the uk has risen in the last 10 years but the level of immigration has also increased.

The music being rubbish- A majority of British music acts are doing well around the world e.g. leona lewis, although ill admit we don't have as many big world famous acts as we used to.

Yes a fairly high crime rate, but that doesn't mean England is a failed country when you look at the crime rates in other western countries.

We are tough on crime, but we could be tougher, the statutes are there but as a society we care too much for political correctness.

We may not produce decent cars anymore because most of the british companies sold themselves to bmw. However rolls royce still builds the worlds greatest jet engines.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
How do you propose to do that in a failed British economy with your obvious, er... intellectual challenges?

I have a 12 inch penis...
Sure you do. I saw it here. :rolleyes:

You do you realize California is very expensive, deeply in debt, and currently has a 12% unemployment rate, don't you? Exactly how do you plan to make your fortune there with your limited skills and foreign citizenship? Do you expect they'll just hand you a green card and a cushy job on the beach?

I believe you're an American troll...
Bingo! and an uneducated one at that. First clue, referring to the country as "England" rather than "Britain".

Second clue:
17.) What is your heritage? Is your heritage known for being bigger? ( like Italians) North American.
My best guess, he's a poor loser living in the East, more likely upper Midwest, with California dreams.

If you had actually spent time in England, you would realise your list is just silly.
Trust me, he hasn't.

Either that, or you need a crutch for your brain.
He does.

Seriously, y'all don't need to waste your energy defending your country against this ignorant ["America firster - We're number one!"] troll. Although, having been on the receiving end at the opposite end of that pole, (not from most of the present company I hasten to point out*) there is a bit of poetic justice at work.

* You others know who you are. :wink:

Last edited:

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Psst, come closer.

As you're obviously such a well educated, tolerant and likeable chap, I'd like to let you into a secret. A secret that could see your dreams come true.

The key to realising your dreams, and getting the fuck out of the UK, is all here...........

Don't save your money. Just earn loads right now, by marketing your truly unique 12" dick.

To begin your money-making campaign, just post a pic here of your extraordinary appendage. Word of your talent will soon get out, and you'll be inundated with cash offers.

I'm sure all the US members are thrilled at this news. :rolleyes:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
What facts are these?

Two fo the top ten Universities in the world. You probably didn't realise.

Two of the most influential scientists ever to have lived and many many others of great significance.

The highest per capita nobel prize winners.

The highest per capita patents.

Assholes like me out in the big wide world giving it some, so losers like you can sit at home and whine.

English muffins.

Austin Powers.

And as I heard the head of the WI say "English cox are the finest". (she meant welsh of course :tongue:)

PS - as Jason will testify, God is of course English.

Last edited:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Two fo the top ten Universities in the world. You probably didn't realise.

Two of the most influential scientists ever to have lived and many many others of great significance.

The highest per capita nobel prize winners.

The highest per capita patents.

Assholes like me out in the big wide world giving it some, so losers like you can sit at home and whine.

English muffins.

Austin Powers.

And as I heard the head of the WI say "English cox are the finest". (she meant welsh of course
:tongue:)

PS - as Jason will testify, God is of course English
I basically like this, with one (highlighted) caveat.

By some reports, the UK follows Iceland, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark and Norway.
By another list, the UK is in eighth place.
They also make a damn good oven.

Last edited: