Is everyone curious?

Anon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hey Guys, first time here! :)

I wasen't to sure if this was the right section to post my thread, so sorry if I made a mistake.

Anyways, before I had used the internet I always considered myself to be straight. But ever since the Internet came about, it has really peaked my curiosity. I've seen gay/fisting/animal/transgendered/etc/everything just because I can with a simple click of a button.

Anyways, I found myself going into gay/bi chat rooms and talking with other guys about this. So I found one guy that I really connected with and happened to be in my area. We hooked up started talking and stuff. One thing lead to another and I found myself giving him a blowjob. That night when I went home, I thought to myself, "what the hell? never again" which I can honestly say I haven't.

I blame it on the internet! Anyone agree/disagree with what i'm saying? or have some simliar story?

throb919: Hey, Anon. The first thing that comes to mind is the old Flip Wilson comedy routine where (as Geraldine) he says "The devil made me do it!" The Internet may've shown you some new things, expanded your horizons, allowed you to meet the guy--but the Internet did not make you suck dick! (I'm guessing there was no computer on in the background at the time of your encounter, with a hypnotic voice urging "Suck it! Suck it!")

You said: "So I found one guy that I really connected with and happened to be in my area. We hooked up, started talking and stuff. One thing lead to another..." You got together because you really connected. Great. The Internet facilitated that, it didn't make you do anything.

Don't beat yourself up--but don't "blame" technology or anything or anybody else. If you don't want to do anything like that again, fine--don't. No big deal. But there's also a bit of "it could've been worse" in your post--what with "gay/fisting/animal/transgendered/etc/everything" right there at the click of a button--so don't congratulate yourself, either, or think that you're "lucky" because all you did was something "tame" by comparison. You had a fun time with a new friend and explored a bit. Relax...

7x6andchg: Very well said, throb919....

Your profile doesn't give your age Anon...(this sounds like I should be writing a sonnet)...but experimentation is never wrong - it's, well, experimenting.

I'll echo throb....relax and chalk it up to experience.

7x6&C

drrionelli: Curiously, Anon, you seem to be bothered by your single act of fellatio ex post facto, i.e., whatever led up to it and the act itself as it was happening don't seem to bother you in the least.

Now, unless you were taking a behaviour-altering substance e.g., cocaine, alcohol, etc., you performed the act of your own uncoerced volition.

You state that YOU performed the blowjob. Suppose you had been the recipient. Would you feel differently about it? And, as the fellow is from your area, is it just that you're concerned about future encounters?

Perhaps you're concerned that you could be "labeled". If that's the case, remember that labels don't mean anything in this case. You simply took advantage of an opportunity that a lot of men, for one reason or another, don't. Had it not been meant to be, you would have been too put off by the idea to even try it.

Maybe you should try it again...with another guy, perhaps. (and, no, I don't mean me!)

Anon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wow, throb919 sounds like a damn psycologist... now i'm really freaked out :-/

In the end it was my decision, there was is no regret, but I guess I am trying to find a scapegoat. Let's just say I'll blame 50% of it on the net ;)

Anyways, thanks for the responses. Oh and I'm 20, by the way.

awellhungboi: Welcome, Anon!

Everyone's given some good advice. Here's my humble take. You're twenty . . . . you were brave and open enough to try something new. Chalk it up as life experience. If you enjoyed it, do it again. If you didn't, don't. But don't beat yourself up about it. It sounds like normal self-discovery and sexual curiosity to me.

But whatever the case, thanks for being so forthright and forthcoming in your first post. Keep on posting!

throb919: Sorry, Anon--it was certainly not my attempt to freak you out. At all! Quite the opposite. And hardly a damn psychologist--took only 2 psych courses in college (an art major here) and thought they were (mostly) a lot of mumbo-jumbo! Let's just say I'm way past 20...and you pick-up a few things along the way...

Tony

Tender: you are what you eat.

you take a straight guy, sit him in front of the 'net' for some time,
sooner or later, he will likely be curious.
dont order something you dont want to eat...

same thing sitting your kids down in front of trash TV.
dont wonder then why they act like they do...

Tender

wvalady1968: [quote author=Tender link=board=relationships;num=1067291850;start=0#7 date=10/28/03 at 07:37:31]you are what you eat.

[/quote]

"Then I'm cheap, fast and easy"

[Another T-shirt quote. ]

jackinman: [quote author=Anon link=board=relationships;num=1067291850;start=0#0 date=10/27/03 at 13:48:29]Hey Guys, first time here! :)

Anyways, before I had used the internet I always considered myself to be straight. But ever since the Internet came about, it has really peaked my curiosity. I've seen gay/fisting/animal/transgendered/etc/everything just because I can with a simple click of a button.

Anyways, I found myself going into gay/bi chat rooms and talking with other guys about this. So I found one guy that I really connected with and happened to be in my area. We hooked up started talking and stuff. One thing lead to another and I found myself giving him a blowjob. That night when I went home, I thought to myself, "what the hell? never again" which I can honestly say I haven't.

I blame it on the internet! Anyone agree/disagree with what i'm saying? or have some simliar story?[/quote]

How you doing Anon and welcome to the board. I do believe that many of us are curious and have been that way for some time, however I wouldn't blame it the internet. I do think that the internet gave some of us more of an initiative to go out and experiment more with each other. I know it did for me.

Javierdude22: Hey Anon,

Well, I think Throb had a good point that the internet doesn't maken you do certain sexual acts.

However, if you didn't have the interest awakened, you might not have wanted to do certain sexual acts. There is a causal link between intrnet use and 'discovering certain new interests though, in my opinion. In that respect, I think ignorance is bliss.

Sometimes you have no idea you might like something, because you have no idea what its about. For example, before I did an exchange to the US, I was pretty happy with being in Holland, no desire to travel or move about. I was a bit nervous about leaving. After 6 months I didnt want to leave the US, and I now have an almost restless desire to nót be in my homecountry :). If I wouldnt have left, maybe I would never have this desire.

For me, the internet díd open up a new world to me. I knew I had Bi tendencies before I ever used the internet (at 18) but I culdnt imagine acting upon it, let alone any sexual acts. Internet gives you a private anonymous way to look at things you cannot explore in reality. It lowers the ledge to act upon new desires, cause now you have seen what it's all about and, dpending on how you are, it didnt seem all to bad.

AnonyMs: We are all transformed by those things with which we renew our minds.

Tender has it right, methinks.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. Prov. 23:7

Or, as God said to Adam re The Tree of Knowledge,

"Don't even think about it."

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Several people are suggesting that you might not be gay or bisexual based on your one gay sexual interlude, and I agree. But on the other hand, that blowjob might have resulted from an unrecognised inclination that was there all the time. Let's say that you might be gay or bi: would that be such a terrible thing?

Tender: if someone told another they were ugly and useless 10 times a day sooner or later they will beleive it.
so it is if a straight guy sits in front of gay or bi stimulus he will eventually be curious...
lets say a guy is NOT gay or bi,
why would he want to confuse himself?
:-/
Tender

huge_cock_have_pic: Are any women in this group curious ???

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=relationships;num=1067291850;start=0#13 date=10/29/03 at 10:19:30]Several people are suggesting that you might not be gay or bisexual based on your one gay sexual interlude, and I agree. But on the other hand, that blowjob might have resulted from an unrecognised inclination that was there all the time. Let's say that you might be gay or bi: would that be such a terrible thing?[/quote]
Remember that when it starts raining naked ladies. (Simpsons ref.)

Seriously, most folks have thought about it at one time or another.

Javierdude22: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=relationships;num=1067291850;start=0#13 date=10/29/03 at 10:19:30]Let's say that you might be gay or bi: would that be such a terrible thing?[/quote]

Psychologically speaking a lotta people could have done without.

blo1988: Anon,
Great post. At 20 I think that you are light years ahead of where I was at 20. At least you can be forthright about what you do and can encounter your feelings without too much internal drama. It sounds like you were a little spooked by this new experience, but it was new territory in your life; don't sweat it, it won't be the first time that you will want/need to go someplace that you haven't gone before.
To echo the other posts....if you fix one sink it doesn't make you a plumber, if you paint two rooms it doesn't make you a painter. On the other hand, if you find that you enjoy fixing sinks...well you get the idea.
Hell, I wish that I had been "together" enough to follow my nose without torturing myself at your age.

da_blissmachine: I was bicurious until I actually recieved head from anothyer guy... it made me sure I was straight.... although I regret that my first sex act was with the sex I am not attracted to I am glad it settled my doubts and concerns.