Is God against homosexuality?

TaigaStar

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
If you consider the context of said scriptural sources, those were written at a time when a small group of people were alone in territory that was almost entirely hostile. It made sense to ensure there was no "deviation" to help ensure a large population to eventually spread out.

I used to know a guy who was Muslim and gay. And when asked how he managed to reconcile the two, he said the following: "God makes all of us. If God is perfect, then all of us are made the way we're supposed to be. If that's a mistake, then you're saying He is capable of making mistakes, and you're working against yourself." Well, something along those lines.

MisterSlave

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was raised with one parent Pagan, . . and one Christian (catholic). . I can also say that I am part Native American.

When we talk of religion, with regard to sexuality. . there are as many possibilities and interpretations as there are (brands) of religions themselves.

With that said, here is my take.

When it comes to Christianity. . the only being/s who get to (judge) me are not Mortal: (Ie: Saint peter, Jesus, and God). . I do not believe the condemnations of mortals. . the bible warns against judging others. the (Christians) who judge me based on their interpretations are in fact comitting a sin of pride and Huberis. Remember again why Satan was cast out from heaven. . (because he challenged and wanted to ursurp god's authority). . . So. . when those types of people start spouting their hate and bull-crap, I politely remind them that they are in fact comitting several sins, and not loving their (brothers and sisters).

From the Native American Side: I am part Sioux. . and many tribes in North America believe in a concept known as (2-soul). People who were LGBTQ, were thought of as "Special", in many tribes. . and often took the place of Shamen and Spirit walkers, and Totem-Speakers, or storytellers-/historians. It is honestly (European culture, and the introduction of Western religions that altered their society).

Pagans: Many Pagan religions are open minded to LGBTQ. We are all reflections of the god and goddess. Homosexuality exists in nature, and it exists in our species too. Pagans strive to preserve a prescious balance of Natural-Spiritual-Harmonies. The God and earth mother made each one of us, for a reason. We are all perfect beings. There is no right or wrong, for simply existing. Many pagans follow 2 main principals regardless of what brand of paganism they believe in: 1.) The 3 fold rule. Whatever you do, any action. . good or bad. . will have consequences and will come back to you 3 times. 2.) Do ast thou willeth, harm none. Many pagans believe in an open mindedness as a tennant of their religion. . let people be, and do as you will, but don't harm anyone. It can be as hard a tennant to live by as Christian commandments.

So where does this leave us?

It leaves us with holding our heads high, and not allowing others to say they are Better. It allows us to remind those who do spew hate, to remind those people they are in fact (sinning), and lastly. . with this knowledge we can take comfort that there are others like us in all societies, and cultures. There will ALWAYS be LGBTQ. . and the sooner that (haters) realize,. that we are your brothers and sisters. . uncles and aunts, sons and daughters. . then we can begin to move on, and put archaic biblical concepts to sleep. . . Such as Stoning people to death who wear articles of clothing made from more than one kind of thread, . . or Shunning and punishing men who cut their hair at their temples. (ever wonder why Orthodox Jews have long hair at their temples, ?? that is why. . it relates to the story of Samson and Delilah). Anyway. . I am going on in a tangent here.

Just remember, haters are sinning. . you are one of god's children regardless. . and if you have to answer to anyone for your life you will do so, on the other side. . not here in the mortal life.

I'll stop here for now and let others respond. Threads like this get me going. . because I have had to deal with this topic a lot in my own life, and had to set many religious-Haters on a better path.

Misterslave.

Last edited:

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As mentioned above the bible was written by humans. It was also translated and revised by other humans usually to reflect the beliefs of the people that paid for the revision.

I was taught that God loves everyone, is inclusive and forgiving.

As it was stated to me once "God don't make no junk".

elvid

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
im a christian man and recently discovered that im gay as well. but ive been raised to believe God is against homosexuality. any views or experience on this?

When religious people talk about "God's views", what they're really talking about are their own personal views. Christians have persecuted homosexuals for well over a thousand years. Many Christians in many parts of the world continue believe that homosexuality is wrong.

Unless you're living in a part of the world where gay people are persecuted, however, I'd be tempted to ignore this. There is absolutely no evidence that God even exists, let alone that he would care about homosexuality.

jojolongdong

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That's a debate that will go on for eternity.
The verse you're probably referring to is from Leviticus 18:22
“‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

Leviticus believed to be completed after many centuries contains a list of 76 banned things. If you’ve done any of them, perhaps it’s time to consider laying off quoting The Bible ?

Other examples;
Failing to include salt in offerings to God
Letting your hair become unkempt
Tearing your clothes
Having sex with a woman during her period
Lying
Mixing fabrics in clothing
Cutting your hair at the sides
Getting tattoos
Cursing your father or mother (this one is punishable by death)

Banned by the Bible | 76 things banned in Leviticus
Book of Leviticus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TaigaStar

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
In response to the part about having relations as with a woman, if I'm feeling really sarcastic I'll point out how that just implies missionary, and doggy-style with a dude is perfectly fine.

But, realistically, you have the right of it when pointing out the source information is questionable here.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
There are more verses in the Bible from the Gospels (most important part of the Bible) that condemn the love of money more than anything else. But Christians have made strong attempts in the age of materialism to reconcile wealth and being a Christian by seeing wealth as a blessing. They say that it's only it becomes sinful if you "love" your wealth more than God, or if you're "too attached" to it. Such vague language! And how then does one "measure" these feelings? LOL! It's obvious whom they love more.:rolleyes:; otherwise they'd part with their excesses. How they cherry pick indeed!

heirtothewind

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When religious people talk about "God's views", what they're really talking about are their own personal views. Christians have persecuted homosexuals for well over a thousand years. Many Christians in many parts of the world continue believe that homosexuality is wrong.

Unless you're living in a part of the world where gay people are persecuted, however, I'd be tempted to ignore this. There is absolutely no evidence that God even exists, let alone that he would care about homosexuality.

AMEN. Well expressed.

God has a lot of well-paid, self-appointed messengers boys.

TaigaStar

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
It's important to keep in mind that this thread is likely done in the spirit of the assumption that there is some divine being referred to as Gd in existence. While I get the tendency to decry the lack of evidence for such a being's existence, my own thought is that the person asking believes this.

CardiffDillon

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dear Dr. Laura

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I
have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that
knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend
the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that
Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other
specific laws and how to follow them.

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a
pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors.
They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in
Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair
price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in
her period of menstrual cleanliness - Lev.15:19-24. The problem is,
how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and
female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend
of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can
you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus
35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated
to kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than
homosexuality. I don.t agree. Can you settle this?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I
have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading
glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room
here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair
around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.
19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes
me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two
different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing
garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester
blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really
necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town
together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn.t we just burn them to
death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with
their in-laws? (Lev.20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident
you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is
eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan,