Is God against homosexuality?

Ahhh Ha

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know him well why wouldnt I call him God? I love God with all my heart. Dont you love God with all your heart ? Dont you think God is worthy of loving?

if you dont think that youre caught up in the devil. And what is the devil? It is what tells you that youre not with god now.
I truly believe you love God. I'm not questioning your faith. I assumed since you actually know God, you'd also knew him by a name?

You say I didn't know God when I refereed him as God and seem to imply religious ppl worship a false God.

Lokopajero

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It is part of the indoctrination. You just have to study a little to understand that everything is a plan to manipulate through fear, punishment and guilt. god doesn't exist, so he tries to do the good you can and don't hurt anyone. He lives free and happy. There is no prize, there is no punishment. Nobody knows anything. And there is no reason to know.

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wouldn't say all Religious ppl lack critical thinking. God's word is simply above man. Some Religious ppl may even agree....God's word can be contradicting, but his word is still law because his Knowledge is infinite or beyond human comprehension.

We as humans even admit the Bible can be difficult to understand or fully comprehend. We also have Biblical scholars still decoding scriptures.
No, that is not what I wrote.

I said I had a problem with religions who ask people to suspend critical thinking. Not that all religious people are incapable of critical thinking. The difference is massive.

You kind of prove my point by defaulting to blind acceptance simply because someone told you God's knowledge is so vast we can't possibly understand why some things make absolutely no sense.

Because if you acknowledge that the bible is flawed, it would blow a massive hole in the idea that the Bible is the word of an all knowing entity.

Ahhh Ha

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, that is not what I wrote.

I said I had a problem with religions who ask people to suspend critical thinking. Not that all religious people are incapable of critical thinking. The difference is massive.

You kind of prove my point by defaulting to blind acceptance simply because someone told you God's knowledge is so vast we can't possibly understand why some things make absolutely no sense.

Because if you acknowledge that the bible is flawed, it would blow a massive hole in the idea that the Bible is the word of an all knowing entity.

Throughout Ancient societies, the most powerful men have always acknowledged the bible as the word of God. Rejecting their own religions/deities/scientists.

If the bible is not the word of God, then of course we're dealing with a global coverup.

Reactions: 6slaanesh9

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Throughout Ancient societies, the most powerful men have always acknowledged the bible as the word of God. Rejecting their own religions/deities/scientists.

If the bible is not the word of God, then of course we're dealing with a global coverup.
I find your conclusions amusing. Wrong, but amusing.

Religion is a weapon. It only makes sense for people in power to try and wield it.

It's no different than countries becoming communist or democracies based on political alliances.

It has nothing to do with the authenticity of the bible.

Ahhh Ha

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I find your conclusions amusing. Wrong, but amusing.

Religion is a weapon. It only makes sense for people in power to try and wield it.

It's no different than countries becoming communist or democracies based on political alliances.

It has nothing to do with the authenticity of the bible.
I most definitely agree with your views on Religion and how it's used. A few ppl here have argued God is as real as Santa. Why couldn't these powerful men convince mankind to worship Santa instead?

If we replaced Santa with the God of Abraham, would Religion still be as effective? I think we have to acknowledge that God has the more desirable attributes?

The words of the bible seem to resonate with Mankind since it has survived. A wide variety of books have been written by men also but the bible is a book most ppl hold as the gold standard for spiritual enlightenment and world views.

danconnell000

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

'the most powerful men have always acknowledged the bible as the word of God.'

If only it were so, there may be a little more justice in the world.

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I most definitely agree with your views on Religion and how it's used. A few ppl here have argued God is as real as Santa. Why couldn't these powerful men convince mankind to worship Santa instead?

If we replaced Santa with the God of Abraham, would Religion still be as effective? I think we have to acknowledge that God has the more desirable attributes?

The words of the bible seem to resonate with Mankind since it has survived. A wide variety of books have been written by men also but the bible is a book most ppl hold as the gold standard for spiritual enlightenment and world views.
Yes, Santa really needs to pick up his game. A lump of coal for being naughty pales in comparison to spending all of eternity in the firey pits of Hell that the Abrahamic God offers. I guess if someone believes you are holding a gun to their head, they'll do whatever you say.

Don't get me wrong, I believe the rituals of Santa are probably practised by more people at some point in their lives than Christianity. So Santa can be proud of that.

Reactions: tnman

Ahhh Ha

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, Santa really needs to pick up his game. A lump of coal for being naughty pales in comparison to spending all of eternity in the firey pits of Hell that the Abrahamic God offers. I guess if someone believes you are holding a gun to their head, they'll do whatever you say.

Don't get me wrong, I believe the rituals of Santa are probably practised by more people at some point in their lives than Christianity. So Santa can be proud of that.
It's interesting you say this since the Abrahamic God is often depicted as docile by Religious followers. In comparison to Santa, God is actually more ruthless.

And you're right...a lump of coal isn't as appealing to powerful men.

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's interesting you say this since the Abrahamic God is often depicted as docile by Religious followers. In comparison to Santa, God is actually more ruthless.

The old testament God is a real something-else actually. Despotic, spiteful, jealous, vengeful, petty, cruel. He was the stick, Jesus was the carrot.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: NotAfraidofHeights

organic_choice

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Religion is simply the upscaled version of Santa Claus.

Why is it that most people grow out of believing in Santa, yet they persist in their religious beliefs long after?

Is it simply because religion offers them a promise beyond death where the alternative is too devastating to accept?
No, it's because their parents don't tell them it's fake after a while. They'd still believe in Santa too if their parents completed the brainwashing.

heinz.friedrich

Expert Member
Media

The old testament God is a real something-else actually. Despotic, spiteful, jealous, vengeful, petty, cruel. He was the stick, Jesus was the carrot.
You should not believe everything that is in those books as a believer. As you mentioned, some of the tings are obviously contradicting. In my opinion, Jesus tried to correct some of the teachings, because the description of God in religious books does not really make sense and a lot of people claim that they spoke for God that did not speak for God. I am not necessarily talking about prophets but more about those that have written those religious books. But I am also not sure about some of the "prophets".

The abrahamic god is not God. there is a double twist for all Abrahamic religions. They are worshipping a false god.
There is a story about Jesus in the bible how he talked to Satan and tried to convince him to give in to his materialistic side, but Jesus resisted.

I believe they did the same with all the other spiritual figures and also the scribes of religious books with more or less success and they were more susceptible than Jesus.

Slavery is for example not a law of God although some people had slaves like Abrahams wife or Mohammed the guy that wrote the Quran. Slavery is one of the worst thing you can do that is why the negative principle tried to convince nearly every culture to practice it. Slavery was practiced nearly everywhere but that is not a human invention in my opinion. It is brought from negative beings similar that some human teachings were brought from positive beings like God.

I think it would be difficult to make that blanket of a statement. There are some stories of the Bible that have been proven through historic archeology finds or writings from the time.
Yes some stories were provenI know a lot of astral travelers that also met Angels, so I think they really exist.
But I think that is the same with channeling. Some people really had contact with God and with positive beings and some peopel didnt have contact. As far as I know God will interfere again because the result were not reallly satisfying, but you have to pray correctly to get help.

If you dont ask for help, God will not help you.

Almost40

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I got rid of all these outdated hocus pocus methods and I it was the best decision I ever made. If u want to be true to yourself, run while u still have time. The moment I turned my back on religion , I felt so relieved. Take this from a guy who wasted many years attending regular church service instead of , well, u know....

D

deleted627832

As adults I've been told that sin is sin. That God doesn't see it any different as if, I were an alcoholic. With God it is Black or White.... no Gray. But, with that if, we are born that way. Then how can it be a sin? As a parent of a daughter that is... I have to believe that and not so much as what the world pushes on us. Best and love to you my friend.

elklindoxxx

Superior Member
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Is it sinful for me to stimulate my genitals or to have someone do it for me? I don't think so.

I imagine that someone probably interpreted the scriptures to say such behavior is forbidden in an attempt to control the behavior of other people...

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Most of the rules in a religion are designed to grow the number of people in the religion.

Religion, like any ideology lives and dies by those who believe in it. It's no different than democracy, communism, Nazism etc.

This is done by providing guidance to reducing death by disease, murder, etc; increasing reproduction or retention of members by enforcing indoctrination (going to church regularly, ceremonies like baptism, marriage, partners must be brought into the religion to marry etc) and recruiting such as missionary work etc.