Is God against homosexuality?

Ahhh Ha

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You should not believe everything that is in those books as a believer. As you mentioned, some of the tings are obviously contradicting. In my opinion, Jesus tried to correct some of the teachings, because the description of God in religious books does not really make sense and a lot of people claim that they spoke for God that did not speak for God. I am not necessarily talking about prophets but more about those that have written those religious books. But I am also not sure about some of the "prophets".

There is a story about Jesus in the bible how he talked to Satan and tried to convince him to give in to his materialistic side, but Jesus resisted.

I believe they did the same with all the other spiritual figures and also the scribes of religious books with more or less success and they were more susceptible than Jesus.

Slavery is for example not a law of God although some people had slaves like Abrahams wife or Mohammed the guy that wrote the Quran. Slavery is one of the worst thing you can do that is why the negative principle tried to convince nearly every culture to practice it. Slavery was practiced nearly everywhere but that is not a human invention in my opinion. It is brought from negative beings similar that some human teachings were brought from positive beings like God.

Yes some stories were provenI know a lot of astral travelers that also met Angels, so I think they really exist.
But I think that is the same with channeling. Some people really had contact with God and with positive beings and some peopel didnt have contact. As far as I know God will interfere again because the result were not reallly satisfying, but you have to pray correctly to get help.

If you dont ask for help, God will not help you.
I really hope the Biblical interpretation of "God" is inaccurate since he has drowned and burned ppl for their sins while Satan and his demons still roam the Earth according to scripture.

There are many examples of Favoritism within' the Bible. Satan himself is an example of someone who seem to get away with a lot of shit. Religious ppl in some parts of the world believe God orders them to put certain individuals to death while Satan can freely run the world and promote all forms of debauchery according to scripture.

Reactions: heinz.friedrich

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I really hope the Biblical interpretation of "God" is inaccurate since he has drowned and burned ppl for their sins while Satan and his demons still roam the Earth according to scripture.

There are many examples of Favoritism within' the Bible. Satan himself is an example of someone who seem to get away with a lot of shit. Religious ppl in some parts of the world believe God orders them to put certain individuals to death while Satan can freely run the world and promote all forms of debauchery according to scripture.

Well the big one is requiring Jesus to be killed in order for God to get over his thousands of years old grudge over one stolen apple.

An all powerful God who could have just turned the other cheek if he wanted to, required instead an execution style offering like the pagans.

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well the big one is requiring Jesus to be killed in order for God to get over his thousands of years old grudge over one stolen apple.

An all powerful God who could have just turned the other cheek if he wanted to, required instead an execution style offering like the pagans.

It's always so hard to tell if these sorts of characterizations come from a place of actually trying to understand the Christian faith and failing, or if they're coming from a place of bad faith misrepresentation. I could easily see it being either.

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I spent a lot of my life looking for god, and looking at people looking for god. And I came to see, or believed I came to see, that I would get nowhere in my godquest unless I could find my way to the view that the absence of proof was a feature and not a bug.
This was a credulity too far.
If I could think of a god at all, it would have to be of something so general as the laws of nature themselves, or as the author, in the most abstract sense, of those laws.
Such a force I could scarcely think spends much time worrying about where mammals, here on Earth, put their pudenda.
For that matter, I would doubt such a force spends time worrying ... or spends time itself in any sense meaningful to a human being.
The question itself reflects a (harmless and very human) self-importance.

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
More like Small Man Syndrome!
Ah, you go deeper than I had anticipated.
(Reading before posting, I avow that there are no echoes in that statement a'tall.)
Yes, that is what B.D.E. too often is.
I know this, you know this ... but for hoi polloi, the truth must come in layers, for its most uhfishunt absorptuhshun.

Reactions: 6slaanesh9

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's always so hard to tell if these sorts of characterizations come from a place of actually trying to understand the Christian faith and failing, or if they're coming from a place of bad faith misrepresentation. I could easily see it being either.
He's deploring the logic of substitutionary penance, if I guess correctly.
And I have to say that the whole notion, for me, has a stone-age 'feel.'
And it's pretty central to Christianity.
As a believing Christian, you must have come to terms with it.
Can you give us some idea of how?

Reactions: ToryK

Ahhh Ha

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Yes in some ancient Native American cultures, it became quite common for parents to sacrifice their own children. It's definitely a ritual that was picked up by ppl in certain parts of the world.

Some Natives genuinely felt/believed there were spiritual benefits behind child sacrifice. None the less, the Bible is clearly against child sacrifice.

Deuteronomy 18:10
There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer

Reactions: heinz.friedrich

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
By all means, save everyone from my failings or bad faith misrepresentations on the subject of atonement.

Big_Dick_Bottom

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
im a christian man and recently discovered that im gay as well. but ive been raised to believe God is against homosexuality. any views or experience on this?
Ask yourself why you are a Christian and why you believe in God. Most likely (but not always) it's due to the country you were born in and your parent's religion. So if you were born in Thailand, you'd probably be Buddhist, and if you were born in Latin America, catholic, and if you were from Indonesia, you'd be muslim. And each of those religions think they are the correct one. So you just believed whatever you were taught. Is that a thoughtful way to define your belief system - no? So further challenge yourself and consider that there is no God at all.

6slaanesh9

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ask yourself why you are a Christian and why you believe in God. Most likely (but not always) it's due to the country you were born in and your parent's religion. So if you were born in Thailand, you'd probably be Buddhist, and if you were born in Latin America, catholic, and if you were from Indonesia, you'd be muslim. And each of those religions think they are the correct one. So you just believed whatever you were taught. Is that a thoughtful way to define your belief system - no? So further challenge yourself and consider that there is no God at all.
Lol the person you are replying to has not logged in on lpsg for 8 years now.

ToryK

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
100%

heinz.friedrich

Expert Member
Media

I dont really encounter people that believe that everything is literal.

I heard different stuff. The great flood was probably at the end of the ice age and the religious people interpreted it as being the wrath of God at an later age. but those were cataclysm according to some people.

But they were some dudes that saved human life. I dont really know if this was God or extraterrestrials. According to the Sumerian texts this was Enki. Some people see the bible as a live ticker for extraterrestrials intervention.

I rather see it as negative and positive principles.

If you are ruled by your passions like game addictions or your negative traits like hate, you are ruled by the negative principle.

If you are ruled by positive traits like love, compassion, unity, respect, you are ruled by the positve principle.

And God or the positive principle tries to help and unify, and the negative principle tries to control and manipulate and separate.

I spent a lot of my life looking for god, and looking at people looking for god. And I came to see, or believed I came to see, that I would get nowhere in my godquest unless I could find my way to the view that the absence of proof was a feature and not a bug.
This was a credulity too far.
There are clues that point out to an existence of God.

The DNA was created in a manner that specific teachings help you to overcome your addictions and negative traits. The teaching that Jesus gave with:"love thy neighbour as yourself" is correct.

Loving-kindness does not make sense in a Darwinistic way of interpretation, because it does not even help your ingroup and is also not selfish and egoistic, but the practice of these teachings benefit you.

18 Science-Backed Reasons to Try Loving-Kindness Meditation

Other teachings in different religious books are wrong. As a believer, you have to use your brain to figure out, what is right and what is wrong. For example: Slavery is is wrong. Muahmmad had slaves for example and allowed slavery and I think some people in the bible also had slaves. So you can rightfully assume that they were influence by the negative principle. In slavery, you see some humans as a possession and not as equals, so this is a law of separation and is therefore negative.

P.B

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Poor God, like Churchill and Mrs Thatcher "He" always seems to get co-opted into support third party points of view (Mrs T would have supported Brexit/ Churchill would never have amalgamated the Green Howard's regiment) etc, etc ... Jesus of Nazareth has nothing at all to say about homosexuality, although the letters of Saint Paul (Inevitably!) does. But as Paul also condemns "Abusers of themselves"* almost all men and teenage boys are presumably doomed... The Old Testament has plenty, most of it negative, although David and Jonathan sounded very "Handsy" yet seemed to escape any kind of censure, so go figure!

I once saw the phrase, the supernatural has always been here but religion is man made. Seemed very appropriate. Religion is mankind's attempt to make sense of the world around us. It is necessarily imperfect because only career politicians have all the answers;) Those who fulminate that the word of their particular god is perfect and the only true word, are those who have set the agenda for this century so far, with Muslim fundamentalists on one side and Christian fundamentalists on the other. Look where that got us all.

I have long assumed that the sexual thrust (Bad term there I guess) of the Old Testament, can be summed up as "Make sure you impregnate your woman as often as possible". That is, no adultery, no homosexuality, no Onanism**. I suspect that is because infant mortality was so high that you needed a lot of "Heirs and spares" to ensure that some of your children would reach adulthood, generate income and provide for you in your old age. Also the Old Testament is in large part a contemporary- ish history of the Jewish people. Written in a tribal epoch when a large population equated to the ability to raise a large army. Also a large population can be a justification for expansionism; the Romans started having expeditions into Egypt as they required grain imports to feed their population.

To sum up? Follow your inner voice. Decide for yourself how bad dating another male really is. Don't let feelings of guilt guide you, some religious people will want you to feel guilty, most of us just want you to be happy and safe.

*When I looked this up Wikipedia gave all kinds of derivations based on the Greek "Man bed", as some authorities rendered it to mean homosexuality/ the place where homosexuality happens/ perversions, maybe best just to translate it into army slang; "Wanking chariot!" Some translations give it as "Abusers of themselves with others"- no circle jerks for Sau of Tarsus, then!

**More chin stroking spilling seed can be interpreted as Whacking your noodle, or pulling out at the last minute.

Call_Me_Dave

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Poor God, like Churchill and Mrs Thatcher "He" always seems to get co-opted into support third party points of view (Mrs T would have supported Brexit/ Churchill would never have amalgamated the Green Howard's regiment) etc, etc ... Jesus of Nazareth has nothing at all to say about homosexuality, although the letters of Saint Paul (Inevitably!) does. But as Paul also condemns "Abusers of themselves"* almost all men and teenage boys are presumably doomed... The Old Testament has plenty, most of it negative, although David and Jonathan sounded very "Handsy" yet seemed to escape any kind of censure, so go figure!

I once saw the phrase, the supernatural has always been here but religion is man made. Seemed very appropriate. Religion is mankind's attempt to make sense of the world around us. It is necessarily imperfect because only career politicians have all the answers;) Those who fulminate that the word of their particular god is perfect and the only true word, are those who have set the agenda for this century so far, with Muslim fundamentalists on one side and Christian fundamentalists on the other. Look where that got us all.

I have long assumed that the sexual thrust (Bad term there I guess) of the Old Testament, can be summed up as "Make sure you impregnate your woman as often as possible". That is, no adultery, no homosexuality, no Onanism**. I suspect that is because infant mortality was so high that you needed a lot of "Heirs and spares" to ensure that some of your children would reach adulthood, generate income and provide for you in your old age. Also the Old Testament is in large part a contemporary- ish history of the Jewish people. Written in a tribal epoch when a large population equated to the ability to raise a large army. Also a large population can be a justification for expansionism; the Romans started having expeditions into Egypt as they required grain imports to feed their population.

To sum up? Follow your inner voice. Decide for yourself how bad dating another male really is. Don't let feelings of guilt guide you, some religious people will want you to feel guilty, most of us just want you to be happy and safe.

*When I looked this up Wikipedia gave all kinds of derivations based on the Greek "Man bed", as some authorities rendered it to mean homosexuality/ the place where homosexuality happens/ perversions, maybe best just to translate it into army slang; "Wanking chariot!" Some translations give it as "Abusers of themselves with others"- no circle jerks for Sau of Tarsus, then!

**More chin stroking spilling seed can be interpreted as Whacking your noodle, or pulling out at the last minute.
“Heirs and Spares” holy shit is that perfect, thank you for this.

Reactions: ToryK and P.B

Ahhh Ha

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I dont really encounter people that believe that everything is literal.

I heard different stuff. The great flood was probably at the end of the ice age and the religious people interpreted it as being the wrath of God at an later age. but those were cataclysm according to some people.

But they were some dudes that saved human life. I dont really know if this was God or extraterrestrials. According to the Sumerian texts this was Enki. Some people see the bible as a live ticker for extraterrestrials intervention.

I rather see it as negative and positive principles.

If you are ruled by your passions like game addictions or your negative traits like hate, you are ruled by the negative principle.

If you are ruled by positive traits like love, compassion, unity, respect, you are ruled by the positve principle.

And God or the positive principle tries to help and unify, and the negative principle tries to control and manipulate and separate.

There are clues that point out to an existence of God.

The DNA was created in a manner that specific teachings help you to overcome your addictions and negative traits. The teaching that Jesus gave with:"love thy neighbour as yourself" is correct.

Loving-kindness does not make sense in a Darwinistic way of interpretation, because it does not even help your ingroup and is also not selfish and egoistic, but the practice of these teachings benefit you.

18 Science-Backed Reasons to Try Loving-Kindness Meditation

Other teachings in different religious books are wrong. As a believer, you have to use your brain to figure out, what is right and what is wrong. For example: Slavery is is wrong. Muahmmad had slaves for example and allowed slavery and I think some people in the bible also had slaves. So you can rightfully assume that they were influence by the negative principle. In slavery, you see some humans as a possession and not as equals, so this is a law of separation and is therefore negative.
Well the OT makes it clear God caused the Biblical Flood and briefly explains the reason behind it. Apparently during Noah's time, mankind reached a level of depravity, forcing God to intervene. Basically God destroyed mankind to save Noah. Of course Satan was able to escape the Flood and continue his evil streak according to scripture.

The Sumerian (Pagan) texts suggest multiple God's existed during Noah's time. This isn't how the OT is written or interpreted by Religious folk. There are definitely similarities between the OT and the Sumerian texts. Ironically the Sumerian texts are said to be older since Pagans were documenting some of these accounts before the Hebrews, who strongly believed their God was behind these major events.

ToryK

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Well said

Reactions: BillM