Is it a common thing?

jake7.5

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lets see where I go with this and if it makes sense. When I see myself in the mirror or looking down at myself when hard I don't feel as if I am very big. I have had many ex gf's and my ex wife use to tell me all the time that I am big. But I still don't see it. My ex use to complain that it would hurt when we did it and she never could deepthroat me. But I still don't feel that I am that big. There are lot bigger out there compaired to me. Is this like those that you hear about that are 80lbs and when they look in the mirror they still say they are fat?

AMikkell

Just Browsing
Media
It isn't like the thin people that still think they are fat, those people can easily compare thier relative thinness with other people, however, many men don't see lots of other penises, and so cannot compare with them. If you feel that it is small, it might be a confidence issue, but if you feel average, that's because your are when compared to yourself.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Every man in the world except one is smaller than somebody. Many of us who are bigger than average are also much smaller than some others. In general, those are facts that are better not to worry about because we can't change them and they are relatively unimportant in the broader scheme of things.

But if those thoughts do cause you discomfort, ask yourself if being at LPSG (which has a small, unrepresentative sample of some of the biggest guys out there) is making you feel better or worse? A lot of threads here talk about the lesser importance of dick size, and yet I wonder if many people actually take that in.

People that weigh 80 lbs. and think they're fat are ill and need treatment. I don't know if you'd be in that category unless your insecurities were causing serious problems to your relationship, your mental health, etc.

keyhero

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I understand you because that happens to me, i´ve been told by my exgirlfriends and male friends and lovers I´m big or very big, some guys have told me they don´t want me to penetrate them because it is big but when I see myself I think I´m just average or sometimes small, I see a lot of naked guys in the showers and steam room at the sports clubs I attend at, and I have seen many guys who are smaller than me and many of them bigger, but what I have realized is just that I am insecure in that department, so I have been doing some jelquing and stuff to get a bigger one, and my boyfriend asked me one day how big I wanted to be and I told him I didn´t know, I said that I´d knew only when one day I see my penis and think "oh, that´s big enough", Confidence is what I need to work on.

Sam Beckett

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It depends how you look at it.

Side on, I think it looks quite good. Frontal though it looks weird cos its like / that on a really high angle...and doesn't look all that good because its not horizontal...

As long as the ladies like it though ;)

mrsleep19

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i know the feeling. in situations like that, you can't really trust your own opinion... i know whenever i look at my penis it seems average, or small... but every girl i've ever been with has had trouble or inability to fit all of it inside them. and i still feel small when looking at it. but the thing that helps me feel better about it is that your the size your meant to be. being the biggest doesn't equal the best sex... it means the sex will be more intense but won't last as long.

everyone has their doubts, but don't pay much attention to those kinda things. you know just as well as i do that there are things much more important than how thick the veins on your cock are.

yeah?

bigeight_98

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think it's a very common thing -- something about the viewing angle. Mine has never looked that big to me, but I vividly remember a guy who took his pants off exposing what looked like a baby's arm. :eek: When I half-joking said, "And what do you intend to do with that?," his response was to pull me closer (we were facing each other) and put our dicks side by side. I was stunned to realize that my dick was exactly the same size as his, both in length and girth -- they looked like mirror images. To this day I don't think mine looks that big from where I stand, but I only have to remember how big his looked to me that day to understand how big mine appears to others.

Bryan_Lyte2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
First and foremost, I give credit to Dr. Rock. YOu took the words out of my mouth.

To answer the question, You wll always be your worst critic. Nobody believes they are huge no matter how much you hear, or see it you will believe you aren't that big. Faking that little lack of confidence is another story. If you did believe you were truly something big, than you would be far from humbled everytime you used it. I still say I'm only average, simply because I hear so many others say that they are bigger than I. I've never seen in person anyone bigger than me, but I have a small audience anyway.

As long as you don't break your neck trying to improve on an already good thing you are fine. Confidence is a very strong tool, stronger than any penis.

Remember, there is a person, and a use for every size of penis dont ever doubt what you have, because once you loose your confidence, you'll never fill the void. I have my flaws, but I call them my unique features.:cool:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Yes it's common because i've always been surprised everytime i've heard someone remark about its size. Guess i'd never quite bought it because i know there are larger guys out there (though i personally met only a few).

Maybe it's a confidence thing, but better still, maybe it's a self-effacing kind of "reality check" thing which allows us to keep it all in relative perspective.

jared84

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
this is common, people say all the time that they think they look small when they look at themself. when you see it in a pic does it look different? mine definitely looks different from what i see when i look at it in person. its impossible to compare yourself with someone else, they always look bigger, especially if its just on a screen.

it doesnt sound like this is a serious issue for you but i have to disagree with the people who brushed it off as not being the same thing that makes people with eating disorders think theyre fat when they arent. if someones perception of their penis was radically different from the truth and it was bothering them to the point of effecting their life, it would be a form of dysmorphia. it shoudlbe mentioned in case someone with this problem reads this thread.

Latiszari

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
It's common for many peoples to see theirselves different than others at the mirror. Both on the worse and on the better meaning of the word "different". You can see yourself more beautifoul, more muscled, etc, or less than other peoples. And also for you cock can be the same. But is only an impression.

jake7.5

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks to all that replied and voiced your opinion. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one out there that is going through this. I just couldn't sometimes believe what I was hearing from my ex's and what I saw in the mirror wasn't the same. I use to also hear the same thing when I use to show on yahoo cam. But I didn't think I was big, maybe they were just being nice.