Is it ever a good idea to get back with your ex?

rocketred

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've been seeing my ex a lot recently and things have been good, we've been getting on really well.

Previously she was sort of in the "other-woman" situation but we had quite a god relationship until it ended because of me screwing around.

I'd really like to carry on seeing her, and also take what we have back to the bedroom, but I also know she's going to want me to change and stop sleeping around - even though she now says she's fine with it.

Any advice?

lerotic

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
She's the ex for a reason mate!

I don't know any girl that'll put up with you shagging about, if she does she's not in a good place and it wont be long before some of her Lewisham girls cut your balls off !

PS : Location: Greenwich, SE London - Same as me. Do i know her ?

rocketred

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well the reason we got back together and started going for drinks etc was because at a birthday party we got talking about open relationships, group sex and how fulfilling it can be - but she was a bit drunk.

I think I'll keep on with it and see what happens.

If things go well, maybe I'll even be able to introduce her to the joys of girl-on-girl.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I've done it and we were together for another 3 years. We still ended up breaking up, but I wouldn't have missed those years for anything any more than I would have missed any of the years I've ever been with anyone. Things happen as they should and in and at their own time.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've done it and we were together for another 3 years. We still ended up breaking up, but I wouldn't have missed those years for anything any more than I would have missed any of the years I've ever been with anyone. Things happen as they should and in and at their own time.

Agreed... "Never say Never" is one of my mottos. What's the big deal about having a second go at a relationship with someone you already know? Unless the guy/gal is a complete and total nutjob (which means you probably wouldn't be going for the rematch anyway), then I say go for it. People do change, it's one of the reasons people break up (cuz both or one can't handle the changes)... so why not celebrate the possible changes by getting to know this new person.

And if it doesn't work out, what the hell did you lose? Nada!

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't know if this a good thing, what are you really seeking in all of this;

1) Do you genuinely miss her and regret what you did

2) Your a changed man as a result of your actions

3) You had fantastic sex together and it is your ball rulig your mine. There is far more to a relationship tham just sex. Having strayed, even though you say you had a great sex life, it sound to me that you are thinking with your balls and not your head.

Don't forget some women can bare a grude and at any given moment through it back at you, hold it over you, use it against you. My ex wants me back after 5 years, but I know our first argument, the past will be thrown back at me. No I'm staying single, plus the fact I prefer men. Did a relationship for 25 years, one is enough for me.

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I wonder how long the two of you were apart. If the period apart had been long - say, a few years, then it is possible that the two persons had grown apart. In my case we drifted apart and when we tried to get back together again, it was too late, we were no longer he people we knew.

formygirlfriend

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got back with my ex 6 months ago after not being together for 2 years. I'll tell you now, if you two are still feeling a connection then by all means go for it. If you dont, the question of 'i wonder where that would have gone?' is going to riddle your mind forever. I can honestly say that our relationship this time around is much more healthy, mature, and FUN then it was 2 years ago. Plus, theres nothing better then banging the fuck out of your ex-girl :biggrin1:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I wonder how long the two of you were apart. If the period apart had been long - say, a few years, then it is possible that the two persons had grown apart. In my case we drifted apart and when we tried to get back together again, it was too late, we were no longer he people we knew.

We were apart and didn't see each other for a year but I think we were missing each other for most of the time. We had been together for almost four years before that.

dale90

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i hav no experience of this...but i know a couple who were together years ago, they split, both married, divorced and are now together, and very happy...so it can work...depeds if it feels right i guess

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
why do you want to get back together with this particular ex?
Is it possible to just have sex and have it not be exclusive? It
doesn't sound like you are looking for an exclusive person right now.
Are you? why would you get back together with you if you know you
will fuck around and she knows you will and somehow thinks that's fine?