Is it homophobia...?

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Here is something else to consider: Others may think that you have an irritating personality. You wrote that you liked to show off your dick in the shower. Somehow, I think that you my strut around like a peacock at work too; hence, the fact that some colleagues would prefer to share a room with someone else.

I had a colleague who sounded much like you. Other gay men did not want to be around him as much as, and perhaps even more than straight men.

Try working on your humility - it will pay dividends in the future.
good point!

regardless of sexuality, nobody wants to be around a jerk.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm uncomfortable showering with people in general.

i worry about athlete's feet. so i wear flipflops.

the women with the leg up on a bench, working that lotion bottle for all it's worth and everything in arms reach make me really uncomfortable. :eek:

Many straight guys aren't comfortable at the possiblity that they will be looked at in a sexual manner.

and those same straight men feel entitled to hit on and eyeball every single women in a 20 mile radius :rolleyes:

and get hostile when the attention isn't returned.

I personally don't believe that gay guys only look at the ultimate hunks.

the queer oogle is a tricky thing. we learn very early on that we can be killed/beaten/arrested for making eyes at the wrong person. :frown:

maybe the hetero assumption comes from y'all over all sense of comfort. you base the queer mentality on how you would react feel. when in all honesty, you have no idea.

believe it or not, most gay men/lesbians in the gym *unless it's that kinda gym* are just there to wash the funk off the bits.

me as an example..... i don't hit on straight women, just not my thing. some of y'all are the attractive, and the celebrity crushes on are the fun, but for the most part straight women don't do much for me. i notice you the way i notice anyone... there is no sexual tension or intention.

legna

Sexy Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Here is something else to consider: Others may think that you have an irritating personality. You wrote that you liked to show off your dick in the shower. Somehow, I think that you my strut around like a peacock at work too; hence, the fact that some colleagues would prefer to share a room with someone else.

I had a colleague who sounded much like you. Other gay men did not want to be around him as much as, and perhaps even more than straight men.

While I think this response is a bit harsh, I must admit I've been sitting here trying to think of a kind way of suggesting that the OP look inward for other potential answers to his questions. It's not always about dick size or homophobia.

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There is no one single reason that a reaction can be "diagnosed" or predicted. Maxime I looked at your pictures before answering this. With regards to the shower situation the problem can be just the opposite of what you think. You could have a supposed straight guy who sees your dick and then begins to feel the first stirrings of an erection.

Sharing a bed does not mean sex necessarily. It means sharing a bed and using that mattress for sleep too.

Life is far too short for this one! Both of these incidents are really not worth talking about and both of these idiots are playing more mind games with themselves than anyone else!

I had never thought about the first possibility. It can be an idea!

I agree that sharing a bed doesn't mean anything. You don't have to fuck with someone if you don't want to.....i don't understand why some guys are so afraid of us. They're all grown and big and they are afraid of gay guys.....-.-!

Anyway,life is short,yes,and i am not getting any complex on that....it is just things i don't understand!:)

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Now wait! I didn't say i like showing off in any context. If i have to choose between a common and a single closed shower,i'd pick the first one cuz i like the feeling. It doesn't mean i whip my cock out every now and then,nor i feel superior in any way.
And then,you say i may have an irritating personality,which is something you can't know...so you'd better not talk about things you don't know.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
But this means that straight guys do look at gays as females which is really untrue...we are made the same. We share locker rooms,public toilets....we are not different,or we would be going in the ladies'. We like SOME men but we're not women. And i personally wouldn't be disrespectful with a guy who shares my room or the shower. If one doesn't like men,i don't make any attempt on his virility....we're not horny beasts wanting cocks of any kind all the time,and we ARE NOT WOMEN! we are men just like the others!

My point was you don't want to room with someone who might want to fuck you. That's why a woman wouldn't want to room with a man, or a str8 guy with a gay guy. It has nothing to do with being thought of as women. In fact, if the str8 guy thought of you as a woman, he would be MORE inclined to room with you, so I don't think that's it at all.

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
why do guys here always think it's about cock size?
it's about being viewed in a sexual way. if i know there's a chance i'm being looked at that way then i want to stay fully clothed and distanced.

The possibility of the cock size is because in case 1,the guy might feel a complex if he isn't sure he's big enough. And this happens to many guys in general. I'd feel a bit of complex too if i had to shower with a very hung guy.
The thing that you might be viewed in a sexual way is really untrue. I do a job in which the 80% is gay,a 10% is bi,and only a 10% is really straight;but we change in front of each other and don't feel that disease. You cannot think you are the object of everyone's attraction.This is pure vanity! more: with most guys i work with,there's nothing more than a collaboration at work. And we stand naked in front of each other when get changed etc.....i never think i might be the object of their attraction. If one likes me it is something extra. It is not the rule!

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
if you've already decided that it's because he's scared of your massive, gay cock then why are you bothering to ask?

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
when women avoid me,
even women with tiny breasts,
i tend to assume thast they just don't like me.

and that's cool.
you can't like everyone.
it's shag all to do with my big tits.

just saying.

this penis thing might be your way of denying that anyone could ever just think you're a twat. how do you feel about people not liking you? does it upset you when you know someone hates you?

sxjTheFirst

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When someone doesn't want to share the same hotel room with you, I would definitely call it discrimination. I think that it was insensitive of them to not consider your feelings in this, because had it been the other way around they would probably get hurt if someone were to do the same thing to them.
Funny I was thinking that the shower room behavior was homophobia not the refusal to share rooms. Sharing a room (to me ) is something very personal - I think that's most difficult part of a marriage that you don't have a place to lock yourself in - and it's a one to one situation so he might be uncomfortable not because you have a big cock (you seem to give too much credit to the cock) but because he was worried that HE may be tempted :biggrin1:

Sharing a public area on the other hand is expected Just as you have to share buses and trains so you have to share shower areas. Rosa Parks and Gandhi protested being thrown out of trains not private cars.

His behavior in the shower is homophobia IMO but not as in discrimination but as in unreasonable fear. Phobia can be understood as either hatred or fear.

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
this penis thing might be your way of denying that anyone could ever just think you're a twat. how do you feel about people not liking you? does it upset you when you know someone hates you?

No,you just didn't get the point. I don't want people to like me. I don't care. I am not looking for people who like me in those types o situations....i'd go to a gay sauna or whatever if i looked for it!!!
The guy under the shower doesn't even know me...so he has no reason to think i'm an idiot. The other guy had to stay in my room for WORK REASONS. So it was not about going on holidays together or so. It is also very unprofessional to behave so....and i don't drive mad for him as a person,but it's not for pleasure. WE WERE WORKING...and the friend in common told me he was afraid of me....so i am not making up weird stories to gratify myself....sorry,you're out of the point!
Maybe this upsets you in some way....i didn't attack you and i don't understand why you're making so much adofor nothing too serious....

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
and it's a one to one situation so he might be uncomfortable not because you have a big cock (you seem to give too much credit to the cock) but because he was worried that HE may be tempted :biggrin1:

A friend in common clearly told me "HE WAS AFRAID OF YOU AND OF YOUR COCK". It wasn't a joke. He was very serious. It sounded weird to me....it's not that i give credit to the cock or that i have a fix on it. I don't even care....we just had to sleep for one night for reasons of WORK i separate beds. That was it!nothing more meant.

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
does he do the shower thing with all the gay guys?

In general yes....but it is weird that he shows off without problems in the common showers,even if he could choose to use a closed private shower,and then he reacts with an "escape" if a gay guy walks in the showers. I mean,if i don't want to attract "looking-ats" of gay guys,i don't even use the common shower,as they frontly face the locker room. So if anyone walks in there,they can see you standing naked very clearly.....it is a big contraddiction,isn't it?

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i didn't attack you. i suggested possibilities that seemed most likely. you're very defencive.

You say that i am a jerk....you're attacking me. I don't need to be defencive. I can face a discussion without problems,it is just that you are clearly "insulting" me and suggesting things about me i don't really appreciate....you should stick to the question and not make personal comments about the poster who posted it....

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
His behavior in the shower is homophobia IMO but not as in discrimination but as in unreasonable fear. Phobia can be understood as either hatred or fear.

Yes,I meant "Homophobia" exactly in the litteral way of "fear",from Greek φόβος, (phóbos)...

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You say that i am a jerk....you're attacking me. I don't need to be defencive. I can face a discussion without problems,it is just that you are clearly "insulting" me and suggesting things about me i don't really appreciate....you should stick to the question and not make personal comments about the poster who posted it....
where did i say you were a jerk?

like i said. defencive.