Is it homophobia...?

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
By those *few* you are thanking, do you mean those that said exactly what you wanted to read? Look man, you wanted to hear from some straight guys about their thoughts and they're trying to be honest. It has next to, if nothing at all, to do with your dick!

I don't care about my dick!!!!uff.....it's boring!YOU focused on my dick,not I.....i just wrote the fact as it is,looking for an opinion.
The few i am thanking are the ones who could see behind the "cock thing" and say something more interesting than insults and low level assertings....it has nothing to deal with my cock?better!or maybe worse,because it means it is homophobia as i said. In fact the post is not called "Problems with dick size"...it's called "is it Homophobia"....i think this post has gone too far with the discussion and i am a bit tired of answering over and over again....

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
So homosexuals aren't pro-democracy? One man one vote eh?!

What on earth are you talking about?

The OP was most definitely showing off!!

Are you trying to say that no straight man ever showed himself off with pride in a locker room? Or is it your contention that just because Maxime is gay when he shows off it must absolutely be a sexualised act when his straight counterpart doing the same thing is not doing anything sexualised at all?

Dude wise up! He gets off on it - the subtext is transparent in the OP.

Plenty of straight guys get off on the same kind of thing, your problem seems to be with the fact that in this case the guy who enjoys confidently showing off his body is gay.

Back to the question of why would a man behave less professionally in a woman's room. I'm sure a lot of women wouldn't mind sharing with a gay guy because they wouldn't feel threatened. But how would the guy feel?

This is nonesense, the two situations are not analogous and your presumptions are insulting and the questions arising from them are absurd.

Sheez, sticks & stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. Actions can be punished, but comments... where does it stop. Everyone is entitled to feel safe, regardless of the absurdity of their beliefs.

This is all about actions dumbass. A colleague refused to room with another colleague because of that colleague's sexuality, and the organiser of this work trip actively pandered to these prejudices.

To paraphrase "In this case the fact that gay men may be in the minority does not mean that their etiquettes and mores should be dominant. " It takes 2 to tango baby - but 3 to make a train!

No body is asking for dominance, merely equality and respect. The fact that you see such a request as being an infringement of your rights is extremely telling.

You forget that in a lot of cases, experience breeds prejudice. There's a lot of guys out there abused as kids too who just can't shake off their emotional past, & rather than bashing them, it would be nice to offer up some free counselling.

Judging people for what they say is just Doublespeak. We've all heard about the secret police in communist countries - we don't need more thought police. Transparency & experience create acceptance. Prosecution creates resentment.

So what are you saying? Experience both breeds prejudice and dispells it? get a grip, your just desperately trying to justify irrational bigotry with nonesense arguments. Oh and BTW what the fuck does experience of pedophilia have to do with sharing a hotel room with another man on a work trip? Or are you suggesting that people struggling with the effects of child abuse will automatically equate their experiences with having to share any private space with a gay man? Because in your conception homosexuality and pedophilia are in some way related?

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
ok, none of my other posts were insulting but this one is.

you whine more than my teenager! grow up.

Was that the acceptance speech for that little award of yours ? :rolleyes:

At least admit you were baiting the guy, and trying to get a rise out of him by being derisory and condescending to him. I'm not saying he did the best job of putting his case but you really decided to drag this thread down a nasty path, and it worked.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Was that the acceptance speech for that little award of yours ? :rolleyes:

At least admit you were baiting the guy, and trying to get a rise out of him by being derisory and condescending to him. I'm not saying he did the best job of putting his case but you really decided to drag this thread down a nasty path, and it worked.
because you say so, so it must be true?

how tedious you both are.

still, this is the reason they have an ignore function.

bigman420

Experimental Member
Media
I don't care about my dick!!!!uff.....it's boring!YOU focused on my dick,not I.....i just wrote the fact as it is,looking for an opinion.
The few i am thanking are the ones who could see behind the "cock thing" and say something more interesting than insults and low level assertings....it has nothing to deal with my cock?better!or maybe worse,because it means it is homophobia as i said. In fact the post is not called "Problems with dick size"...it's called "is it Homophobia"....i think this post has gone too far with the discussion and i am a bit tired of answering over and over again....

Yeah man, way to cut off more than half my post where I DID address your questions. I didn't want to say anything the first time, but after that, what the hell: you come off as a really dispicable person. What's worse is that by showing off in the showers and other such described behavior, you've tied your unlikeableness into your sexuality. You're the type that gives other gays a bad name.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I do not think it is homophobia and I do think that it is a double standard and inverted victimhood to suggest such.

If I were to go into the Women's changing room and flaunt my big cock around, I would be thrown off the site, lose my membership and potentially face criminal charges.

There may well be latent homo-eroticism and potential in the Gym and locker room, but to label someone homophobic for not wishing to be involved in that, is bullshit.

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
So because some straight men rape women I should suspect you and all straight of being a rapists?

Or because some straight men shoot people I should presume you and all straight men are a murderers?

Or because some straight men have obnoxious body odour i should expect you and all straight men of having BO?

See this is exactly the point. Prejudices are generalisations often perjorative ones, which take anecdotal or otherwise marginal experience and extrapolate these out to presumptions about large numbers of people.

I can't presume that just because in the USA black men form a large proportion of the prisoners in detention that every black man I meet in the USA is likely to be a criminal, because in fact that isn't the case.

Just as I cannot suspect all straight men of being rapists simply because some straight men have committed rape, because in fact all straight men are not rapists.

So explain to me why it is OK for you to expect all gay men to be liable to violate your privacy or worse just because some men who happen to be gay seem not to respect your stated percentages on this board?

You don't get my point. First of all you only see black and white. There is no gray in your point of view. Did I say anything about rape?
And what about I wrote about intimacy? You just ignored it and picked out a little piece of my post and overdramatized it.
But ok every straight man is a homphobe and we're done here.

jerkdude75

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I tend to have a zero tolerance for homophobia, the same way I would with regards to ethnic discrimination. If he actually said he didn't want to room with another guy simply because he was gay, then yes. That sucks. Granted, it's certainly his choice to room or not room with whomever he chooses. No big whoop. Who cares. However, to answer the question, yeah it's pretty homophobic. We have to accept that these people do exist.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
You don't get my point. First of all you only see black and white. There is no gray in your point of view. Did I say anything about rape?
And what about I wrote about intimacy? You just ignored it and picked out a little piece of my post and overdramatized it.
But ok every straight man is a homphobe and we're done here.

Can you point to where I said this? I mean really, in the post you quoted I go to great pains to point out how (unlike you) I don't make generalisations about people.

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
Can you point to where I said this? I mean really, in the post you quoted I go to great pains to point out how (unlike you) I don't make generalisations about people.

Did I say you wrote something like that? It's just the same thing you did. Talking about rape etc.
I'm tired since you still did not answer my question what's different with women nor did you recognize my explanation about intimacy. My last line was only meant to express my tiredness of you answering a question with a question and overdramatizing. I did explain why in my opinion it's their right to choose whom they room with. And what do you? Not answer my question but try to lay words in my mouth I've never said.
I won't bother you anymore with my opinion. But can I have an award please just like dolfette did?
Oh, btw I DID state that those people are the minority but right... I generalize.

edit:
Just something to think about. Ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy? If you go around shouting homophobia here homophobia there people actually really may become homophobe.

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Did I say you wrote something like that? It's just the same thing you did. Talking about rape etc.
I'm tired since you still did not answer my question what's different with women nor did you recognize my explanation about intimacy. My last line was only meant to express my tiredness of you answering a question with a question and overdramatizing. I did explain why in my opinion it's their right to choose whom they room with. And what do you? Not answer my question but try to lay words in my mouth I've never said.
I won't bother you anymore with my opinion. But can I have an award please just like dolfette did?
Oh, btw I DID state that those people are the minority but right... I generalize.

edit:
Just something to think about. Ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy? If you go around shouting homophobia here homophobia there people actually really may become homophobe.

I'll certainly answer your point about intimacy, when you say you would feel uncomfortable sleeping in the same room as a gay man I find that incredibly insulting.

Why would you feel uncomfortable? Because you suspect any gay man of being capable of doing something inappropriate?

Yes you did say they were in a minority, you then went on to explain that despite these people being in a minority that their behaviour was enough to plant the suspicion in your mind that all gay men might be of a similar kind.

The point about women is a smokescreen frankly, and a separate issue, this discussion ultimately isn't about gender prejudices. The two situations are different and not comparable except in the most general of ways. You and I are the same sex, and for all intents and purposes there is probably very little which differentiates us, and yet you openly admit you would find it unpleasant to sleep in the same room as me because I am gay (though perhaps now you'll make some smart comment about your reasons for not wanting to share the same room as me being nothing to do with my sexuality) regardless of whether the conditions of our sharing that room imply that neither of us would be likely to do anything inappropriate anyway.

But ultimately if you're now saying that by naming and calling out homophobia I risk increasing it then I have to tell you thus far this has not been the experience of the gay rights movement. The course of the latter 20th century and the early 21st has seen gay people in many countries around the world motivated by the prejudices they have faced to explain how these prejudices operate, and to point out the ways in which they effect their lives, in doing so many countries have realised the inherent irrationality and unfairness of these prejudices and made attempts to mitigate them. If gay people had simply ignored these prejudices, or worse accepted that people had a right to treat them in accordance with these prejudices then we would still be living in fear and oppression in many countries. This is an ongoing process and homophobia like racism requires constant vigilance and confrontation.

What I see is someone who doesn't realise that despite paying lip service to the idea of equality that they still retain a form of latent homophobia. In fact you admit it freely, even though you'll shout me down for pointing it out.

If you feel uncomfortable with me pointing this out, then I'm OK with that.

Last edited:

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
I'll certainly answer your point about intimacy, when you say you would feel uncomfortable sleeping in the same room as a gay man I find that incredibly insulting.

Why would you feel uncomfortable? Because you suspect any gay man of being capable of doing something inappropriate?

Yes you did say they were in a minority, you then went on to explain that despite these people being in a minority that their behaviour was enough to plant the suspicion in your mind that all gay men might be of a similar kind.

Seriously, I did stop to read at that point. Again you lay words in my mouth. Again you miss the fact that I also said the same about straight guys. And where did I suspect anyone to be that way?
And I wrote EXACTLY that I'm not uncomfortable because of the things you say. Are you able to read?
Seriously, I won't waste any more time on you.

p.s.:
if MY feelings insult you that's your problem. not mine.
goodbye sir.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Seriously, I did stop to read at that point. Again you lay words in my mouth. Again you miss the fact that I also said the same about straight guys. And where did I suspect anyone to be that way?
And I wrote EXACTLY that I'm not uncomfortable because of the things you say. Are you able to read?
Seriously, I won't waste any more time on you.

p.s.:
if MY feelings insult you that's your problem. not mine.
goodbye sir.

Are you for real? I've been addressing the very words you wrote? If you don't understand the implications of the things your saying then we really are wasting our time.

Where did you say you weren't uncomfortable with what I saying btw? Because if I missed that it was primarily because your responses to my posts suggest a very different reality.

And yes it is my problem if your feelings insult me, if by that you mean it is black people's problem that some white people think of them as inferior. Yes it is gay people's and black people's and any other people who have faced prejudice's problem that some people don't even realise that the way they think is prejudiced and discriminatory. That's exactly why I'm obliged to hammer this out with you, because if people never confronted other people with their prejudices these prejudices would never change.

Last edited:

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Are you for real? I've been addressing the very words you wrote? If you don't understand the implications of the things your saying then we really are wasting our time.

Where did you say you weren't uncomfortable with what I saying btw? Because if I missed that it was primarily because your responses to my posts suggest a very different reality.

And yes it is my problem if your feelings insult me, if by that you mean it is black people's problem that some white people think of them as inferior. Yes it is gay people's and black people's and any other people who have faced prejudice's problem that some people don't even realise that the way they think is prejudiced and discriminatory. That's exactly why I'm obliged to hammer this out with you, because if people never confronted other people with their prejudices these prejudices would never change.

I agree with you that if the only reason was because the guy was gay, and that he'd have been like that with any and all gay men then it's at the very least insulting, but at the same time, I know I'd refuse to share a room with most people, though I'm more likely to back down and accept it with straight men than anyone else as they are the people I've spent the most time with and feel most comfortable around. That isn't meant as offensive, or to suggest that I have any issue with people of other genders or sexualities, but I don't have female doctors, surgeons, piercers or tattooists, I don't have men doing my hair, I don't have women doing my nails, I don't watch horror movies with women, and I don't go out for a drink with women... there are just some people I feel more comfortable with (in general, there are always exceptions) in certain circumstances.

Sleep for a lot of people is one of those really weird things that you can't always explain. For me, there are certain things I have to have regardless of circumstances or I'll not sleep. I have to have at least 2 pillows, I have to have a warm duvet (no matter what the heat is like) that covers up to my next and has enough at the bottom to wrap around my feet, I can't sleep on the side next to the door, and I can't sleep if it is too close to the window, it has to be a divan as I can't sleep if there is a large space under the bed, there can be a wardrobe near the bed but not facing the bed, and I can't sleep with anyone in the room with whom I'm not 100% comfortable (which narrows it down to maybe 5 people)

We're being asked our opinion on the situations given by the OP, which are in the large part vague and based on his own take on what happened... guess work on his part. Much like several people read his OP and saw him as a show off who liked to flaunt his penis size and sexuality which could have easily made others feel uncomfortable, it is very possible that the people he's talking about saw things very differently to the way he did. We've just offered some alternative views, and ignoring those views because they don't tally with his own perception of events suggests that he may well behave the same in real life and miss some very obvious signs of others discomfort around his personality (which I'm not saying is a bad personality, I'm not the one asking not to share a room with him lol)

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We've just offered some alternative views, and ignoring those views because they don't tally with his own perception of events suggests that he may well behave the same in real life and miss some very obvious signs of others discomfort around his personality (which I'm not saying is a bad personality, I'm not the one asking not to share a room with him lol)

If your "offers" had been just polite opinions saying: "Maybe he doesn't like you as a person",i'd have accepted them. I do not accept personal judgements on me nor insults,because in your positions you can't,as long as i can't and as i wouldn't even dare.
Said so,YOU keep on saying that i'm a show off guy which is not. I do not wear a long beige rain coat with nothing under,and stroll around,opening my coat at guys or ladies on the streets to show my hardon....i mean,what the hell do ou think?!
I've already explained many times that i just walk under the shower naked,as he does,because i enjoy this more than closing myself in a private shower. Now,what's wrong with that and where is the "show off" behaviour???-.-'
I am really getting tedious....i always have to repeat the same things and nobody seems to understand....-.-'

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And also: listen,this is a porn site for people who show off their cocks and you're making a trial for the fact that i feel comfortable being naked in a common shower??? I mean....you're all drunk....i hope!-.-

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
If your "offers" had been just polite opinions saying: "Maybe he doesn't like you as a person",i'd have accepted them. I do not accept personal judgements on me nor insults,because in your positions you can't,as long as i can't and as i wouldn't even dare.
Said so,YOU keep on saying that i'm a show off guy which is not. I do not wear a long beige rain coat with nothing under,and stroll around,opening my coat at guys or ladies on the streets to show my hardon....i mean,what the hell do ou think?!
I've already explained many times that i just walk under the shower naked,as he does,because i enjoy this more than closing myself in a private shower. Now,what's wrong with that and where is the "show off" behaviour???-.-'
I am really getting tedious....i always have to repeat the same things and nobody seems to understand....-.-'

We understand, you however clearly don't, because you can't stop putting words into other peoples mouths, and skipping huge parts of their posts just so you can have another little rant about how hard done by you are.

I did not say you ran around flashing people, in fact, the post you quote didn't say anything negative about you other than you have a clear predisposition for ignoring what is right in front of your face. The fact that you ignored that and everything above the last paragraph of my post only goes to show I was right.

I agree however, you really are getting tedious.

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Aconitum,if i don't quote it doesn't mean i've read. I understand that somebody may not feel comfortable sharing a room in any case and with most people. It is a personal feeling and i respect that. The point was he didn't tell me he felt bad in sharing a room with someone he doesn't know well or soever....my friend in common told me he was afraid of me being gay and of my cock. That's it. Maybe he's just childish and is afraid that i wake up in the night and fuck him during his sleep and that it will hurt him because i'm big!:)
Jokes apart,I don't know....it's what i've been told,just that.
Anyway it seems weird to me. Most young guys here are used to trip and sleep with anyone,especially in my job. We are used to do that since a very early age. We live homes at 11 and move to other city to study ballet. So we get to live and sleep with other people of our age we don't know. And then you move to companies,you make galas anywhere and you have to meet other people with whom you share rooms,life etc....so it is weird to me to believe that someone who does my same job may feel uncomfortable in sharing a room with someone....
Yeah,i'm tedious....i'm gonna eclipse myself for a while!bye!:)