Is it hot enuf for ya?

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Stronzo said:
I see the Atlantic Ocean in my mid afternoon future.

If only. I have a mid-day meeting and am hoping I can hit the pool this afternoon because I am surely NOT going back to the office.

Yesterday the air was so hot that *I* could barely breathe walking to my car and I don't have any respiratory issues. Yikes.

I heard from Steve26 that some colleges up there are cancelling classes because their historic buildings have retro-fitted AC units that won't be able to deal with the heat. Yikes.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You aren't shittting me, there Jackson! I hadda work out in the sun in 102. temp here in NJ, and buster, it didn't matter whether or not I wore white to soften the sun's rays.

Of course, I have got today off, but man I am glad I did; I hear it's cookin up to at least a 105.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lex said:
If only. I have a mid-day meeting and am hoping I can hit the pool this afternoon because I am surely NOT going back to the office.

That's a roger my friend!

I have a home inspection tomorrow at noontime inland where I'll have to crawl around the crawl space/attic of a house built in 1836 where there are NO vents and NO windows.

My guess is that it'll be upwards of 120 degrees fahrenheit in that suffocating space. :redface:

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Currently 61 and sunny here in the Puget Sound. Supposed to top out at 73.

That was mean.

Seriously though it was hotter than hell out here up until 3 or 4 days ago. Y'all are getting that shit now. It may take a few days but relief is on the way.:fingersx:

During the blast furnace I spent most of my time sitting on a lawn chair under the sprinkler drinking beer. My neighbors probably think I'm a redneck but what the fuck, they're right.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Having lived my whole life in southeast Texas, I can tell you what is hot and humid. One day, I was delivering the mail, and it was 110 in the shade. The heat index chart stopped at 156, and it was off the chart. It's so humid here, sidewalks sweat and stop signs turn green with mold. The locals set up heat shelters for peeps to stay in during the day. A lot of babies and old people die from heat.
You have my sympathy. Btw, going nude doesn't make you cooler but you will be more comfortable. Take off your clothes, put a big block of ice in a pan, turn a fan on it and blow yourself some cool air.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Stronzo said:
That's a roger my friend!

I have a home inspection tomorrow at noontime inland where I'll have to crawl around the crawl space/attic of a house built in 1836 where there are NO vents and NO windows.

My guess is that it'll be upwards of 120 degrees fahrenheit in that suffocating space. :redface:

I'd try to re-schedule it for later (after sunset) or before sunrise if I were you. Otherwise bring a friend along (just in case).

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
:nana: I simpasize with you all a blamy 60F here in Anchorage. LINK Feel free to send some of that Sunshine my way :cool23: . As for my take on gobal warming is that there are many factor's that may contribute.... Solar flairs from the sun, solar winds, underwater volcano eruptions but I digress as it has been dicussed in previous threads.

(edited the link so the post table would not break--Lex)

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, dig it; Ihad court yesterday & had to partially dress up for it, so waiting to get inside was a trial since it was 105. Plus, inside the courtroom,(Looked more like a converted holding cell!) there were approximately 168 people on the case load all hogging up the suffient AC in there.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The best comment I heard lately to the "Hot enough for ya" comment came from a comedian..."Yes, I think you;re pretty cute, but I don;t swing that way...":biggrin1:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Air temp has been in the 28-36 range here most of the last two or three weeks, though the last couple of days it's been down in the mid 20s with some light rain. Humidity was generally around 50-60% so that wasn't so bad.

Right now in London it's about 20 and 65%..much cooler.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
d20?

It's a tad less brutal here today. Yesterday I spent the greater part of the afternoon on the floor with the dogs. I directed two fans on them and applied ice cubes to the pads of their feet.

Both are 12 now and this shit's brutal.

The candles on the dining room mantel shelf melted and the wicks are pointing straight for the floor.........

b.c. said:
I'd try to re-schedule it for later (after sunset) or before sunrise if I were you. Otherwise bring a friend along (just in case).

Thanks b.c. But it's got to be done. I'll have two of my guys with me who can scrape me up if need be. I've got one foot out the door now. If no one hears from me again please know that I'm in some attic in rural Massachusetts dried to a crisp.

Somehow it seems a rather comforting way to go. :33: