Is it hot where you are?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well without sounding like a feminine hygiene commercial it's as "Cool As A Summer's Eve" The windows are open the fan is whirling I can hear crickets chirping... all is right with the world.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
'Twas hot, but now it's colder than a frigid woman with an ice cube shoved in her box.

That's Chicago for ya. Don't like the weather, wait a few days, it'll change.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
2:30 PM here 18oC inside - ! don't know what that is in Fahrenheit but trust me, it's FUCKING FREEZING!

That converts to 64 Fahrenheit, which is the perfect temperature for me. I could live in that year round and never complain for the rest of my life. I never thought I'd hear someone refer to this temperature as freezing, you must like it hot.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I was walking back to my car the other night and took a short cut when I came upon one of the many so-called "soothsayers" peddling their craft near Jackson Square. One of them cried (as I passed) "Let me tell ya 'bout the weather!" I grew curious, so after anteing up, here is what he said:

He said most idiots think there's no such thing as global warming because of the extreme winters. He said the two are actually related, and the result of this same careless fucking around with the earth's delicate balance, having gone on now for quite some time, though vehemently denied by opponents of corporate and industry regulation as the rantings of lunatics under a delusion promoted by the so called liberal media. He added that the same atmospheric changes that allow for increased amounts of heat radiation to burn our asses in the summer also make for colder winters. Now we can expect extremes of both. Adding to those extremes the floods resulting from the melting of enormous amounts of snow, and extremely devastating weather situations, not to mention the yet unknown effects of such climatic extremes upon the seismic activity of the earth's crust.

All our comeuppance, sayeth he, for the callous way in which mankind has treated his planet, the same planet that has now begun to kick our asses in various ways, as if to rid itself of this "plague" - or send us a warning at the least. So he said.

I tipped him an extra dollar and decided to stop for coffee and beignets.

Last edited:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was walking back to my car the other night and took a short cut when I came upon one of the many so-called "soothsayers" peddling their craft near Jackson Square. One of them cried (as I passed) "Let me tell ya 'bout the weather!" I grew curious, so after anteing up, here is what he said:

He said most idiots think there's no such thing as global warming because of the extreme winters. He said the two are actually related, and the result of this same careless fucking around with the earth's delicate balance, having gone on now for quite some time, though vehemently denied by opponents of corporate and industry regulation as the rantings of lunatics under a delusion promoted by the so called liberal media. He added that the same atmospheric changes that allow for increased amounts of heat radiation to burn our asses in the summer also make for colder winters. Now we can expect extremes of both. Adding to those extremes the floods resulting from the melting of enormous amounts of snow, and extremely devastating weather situations, not to mention the yet unknown effects of such climatic extremes upon the seismic activity of the earth's crust.

All our comeuppance, sayeth he, for the callous way in which mankind has treated his planet, the same planet that has now begun to kick our asses in various ways, as if to rid itself of this "plague" - or send us a warning at the least. So he said.

I tipped him an extra dollar and decided to stop for coffee and beignets.

His name wasn't Al Gore by any chance was it?

It's fucking freezing here at the moment...my hands are wrapped around a mug of tea or soup..just checked ambient temps here in the house..OMFG! It's 15 degrees C!
So much for the tropical north!

I am so going to have to crawl into my pythons enclosures and snuggle up..it's down right tropical in there..lucky bastards!

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That converts to 64 Fahrenheit, which is the perfect temperature for me. I could live in that year round and never complain for the rest of my life. I never thought I'd hear someone refer to this temperature as freezing, you must like it hot.

I like to be toasty and warm. Usually I put on an extra layer or 2 of clothing and I'm fine, but this year it hasn't been enough - last month was my state's coldest May in 40 YEARS! I don't like having electric heaters on all day because (thanks to my State Government's recent fuckwittery in de-regulating and selling off power/electricity therefore allowing private companies to charge us a fucking fortune) it's so damn expensive, but I need it.

What I need is a man - I wouldn't feel the cold if I had someone to snuggle up and keep warm with on the couch and in bed. It's far more economical and enviro-friendly than electric goods, plus I'd have the added pleasure of actually GETTING LAID! But for the moment, I'll have to make do with my giant Garfield plushie - don't look at me in that style of font, he's just for warmth, not for getting laid..... .

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
This week has been like living on the sun here...dosent make me bitchy, i kinda like it...i just carry a thermos of ice water with me and deal. I have seen some crazy shit tho this week; fist fights, people being nasty to each other just because...really nasty side of human behavior. Oh, and we set a record for murders this week....yay.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I only use the AC at night when sleeping and, occasionally, for a coupla hours in the late afternoon (computer's in a western-facing room). Summer in South Florida's really no hotter than elsewhere (currently 85 with a moderate sea breeze) but the humidity (especially at night) can be wet-blanket drenching.

Even then, I don't mind it a bit, but like my Aussie friends above, get chilled at anything below 70. Keep me warm and I'm happy.