Is it just me or are women in relatioships hotter than single women?

MrMXYZPTLK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seriously?

Maybe it's just the wanting something you can't have, BUT it is?

Or maybe its the amount of confidence a girl has when she is in a relationship that makes her that much more attractive.

There was a girl I met, who had a boyfriend. I considered him very lucky and saw her as absolutely gorgeous. Then they broke up, and she was still cute, and now available. But she didn't seem as hot to me.

So the question is, Is maybe the unobtainable hotter? than the obtainable?

Me personally don't know why, just find women that have boyfriends hotter. Also note, I would never do anything to break up a couple unless the guy is hitting the girl or something extreme like that.

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have never really noticed that women (or men) in relationships are hotter overall than singles.

I have noticed that some women (and men) in relationships tend to really let themselves go -- gain weight, don't put as much effort into their appearance, etc.

I suppose it makes sense that the most attractive people would be snatched up more often than less attractive people, but then again some very attractive people have psychological issues that make them poor partners, and they never tend to stay in relationships for long.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Happy people are more attractive than unhappy people. This is a fact, whether they are in a relationship or not.

You are attracted to the happiness, and what is interesting if you would only try it out, is that if you yourself become happier, you will attract a happier sort of person.

And even more amazing than that, is if you share happiness that you sincerely feel, it spreads!

The trick is not to make yourself unhappy in the process, because that spreads unhappiness in the long run. The girl who was so attractive when she was happy felt like a loser after her breakup, and you picked up on that. She needs more practice at sustaining her happiness.

bigunzippedstudent9

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Not really related but, when I'm in a relationship I have wayy more confidence, and have better opening lines, jokes, and conversations when chatting up other girls. Which is really wasted. Sigh.

Except my single buddies love it b/c it makes me a great wingman ;)

D

deleted356736

The theory is that a man or woman in a relationship is more desirable, because they have been given the stamp of approval by a woman or man, as the case may be. They have a relationship track record.

ConstantComment

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The theory is that a man or woman in a relationship is more desirable, because they have been given the stamp of approval by a woman or man, as the case may be. They have a relationship track record.

There's that and also they can appear friendly without looking as if they are looking for something. that detached, disiniterested friendliness can be very seductive.

The irony here is that of all the women who have an SO, you don't think that they're all hot, so having a bf/husband doesn't guarantee universal hotness.

MrMXYZPTLK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some of my friends think it's THE CHASE, and the thrill of going after a girl.

So when the girls in the relationship, the chase is difficult and challenging and exciting or something.

But when she becomes single and throws herself at you, the chase is to easy and we loose interest.

My friends basically say, you don't want the girl, you just like the thrill of trying to get the girl. Anyone think they might be right?

Also the same can be said for girls chasing guys.