Is it just me, or did Springsteen call O'Brien

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by ETA123, Jun 23, 2006.

1. ETA123

ETA123 Member

2. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

It would appear that, yes indeedy-diddly, he did. And with good reason.

As I said before with the Dixie Chicks thread, if you like their music, fine, if you don't, fine. But don't let their right to speak freely DETERMINE whether or not you like them as artists. That's how you start a "Cultural Revolution," and I think any of us who bother to understand modern history know where that leads.

3. ETA123

ETA123 Member

I agree completely, what I found hysterical is that O'Brien didn't even realize it and just kept up with her inane babble, despite his "present company included" comment. :biggrin1:

4. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

It only adds steam to my Streisandmania that I happen to like her politics...

Tellingly much of the American public watches television programs like "Access Hollywood" and "Entertainment Tonight" to take out their voyeuristic tendencies on what they preceive as the Hollywood elite.

As long as Britney Spears is popping out babies by nefarious fellows and Madonna's making crappy movies, and Jessica Simpson's losing her hot fucking husband the general public is fine with it.

But God help them if they have a political opinion or the "trite" wing conservs will nail them to a figurative cross..:rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted