Is it just me? Rant/observation/hoping to meet (West Coast USA)

TallCurvyCutie

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have to wonder if maybe it's just me. The local guys on here seem to be the biggest cowards of all, either elusive, complete pieces of work, or full of excuses once it's been established that meeting is highly probable. Here are a few examples, screen names withheld:

There's a guy who lives about 20 miles from me, but he seems to be a level 5 clinger and has really high approval needs. He's very much with the fishing for compliments, acknowledgement, praise, etc, which isn't my thing. The closest approximation I can make of his approach is that of a 5 year old child or puppy. He also asks about completely inappropriate topics. I mean, I'm hardly conservative, but when it's illegal as well as its transmission banned by the FCC, I say no. It's frustrating because he's decent if we can keep topics off his dick and sex!

Another is roughly equidistant geographically and has told me some tall tales to say the least. The pics he's emailed me and those on his profile are the same. He's only into super submissive women of exceptionally rare physical proportions, alleging he's fucked 100s. Uh huh, right.

A third lives about 30 miles away. He's supposedly 6'7" which makes me quite giddy. He only seems to want to chat on his terms. No thanks.

I've seen none of their faces. What gets me every time is a guy with an attractive face who's very tall. One on here I know is pretty hot, has a great job, travels, and there's no arm twisting when I want pics. We have good, at times insightful and others amusing, chats about all sorts of subject matter. I also know he's pretty much a manwhore. Understandable given his looks and size! He's about 80 miles away, but sometimes in my area on business. I'm not about to venture that far myself for less than a sure thing.

There are two other tall, attractive, hung guys I really enjoy chatting with, proven on cam, one on the east coast and the other in the UK. Both are married, neither has kids. Each was upfront and answers anything I ask. I'm not out to be a homewrecker, but if these local guys are in similar circumstances, where's the honesty? The closer the guy, the more sketchy they are has been my experience. Anyone else made that observation? My best guess is because they don't want to get caught in deceit, whether it be lies about their attributes or situation, since meeting is much more readily an option.

This might have been better served posting as a blog or in another category, but I'm here with the intent of seeing who's in proximity serious about meeting. Right now that entails getting to know someone new. Let me know some basics about you here if interested, namely your height and location, or send me a private message. Thanks!

Last edited:

all people one meets have issues, but it sounds like you've had some bad luck. be patient and keep your standards high. hope you find who you're looking for. i wish i was 30 years younger, so i could possibly be of interest to you.

ozstu

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I guess there are all kinds of people on here, some good some bad, those that i chat to ( not many unfortunately ) im straight with, its the best way.....I know what i would do if i was in the states ;) as long as its just for fun for both...

TallCurvyCutie

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In my experience, guys here are all talk.

I miss you rebroadcasting their "pay attention to me now" blasts in chat! Still not resolved my computer wonkiness. Perhaps a new one might come attributable to my CC this Black Friday... :tongue:

P.S. My response to you is my 69th post. Maybe it is a sign I need to have at you and that monster cock in your panties! :biggrin1:

Last edited:

g_whiz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think it depends on what you're here for. Your experiences seem highly annoying, to be sure. Some people come here fore soildarity and a judgement free space to discuss their sex lives & sexualities. Others? Hook up central. Some others take from columns 1 & two. I've never come on here to meet local dudes... but if I had similar experiences I'd be pretty cold to the idea too. Keep being awesome though.

Zayne

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's quite a shame that an attractive taller woman has fewer options in the dating pool, while squat and hefty women are like bulldogs in their manner.

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I miss you rebroadcasting their "pay attention to me now" blasts in chat! Still not resolved my computer wonkiness. Perhaps a new one might come attributable to my CC this Black Friday... :tongue:

P.S. My response to you is my 69th post. Maybe it is a sign I need to have at you and that monster cock in your panties! :biggrin1:

Did you try using a different browser? Opera? Firefox? Safari?

Otherwise good, we'll see you in chat with your new computer soon :smile:

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
West Coast here, although not exactly where you are.

I think the road most definitely goes both ways. There have been a few times (local or somewhere that I'm traveling to) where I've nearly set something up with a LPSG woman and it fell through. And when I say nearly set up, I mean they talk to me and say they'd love to meet up and then when I ask for more intricate details like how to contact, where to meet... they disappear.

I think for most... just like dating... it is more about the chase than the actual catch.

With that said, ever in Arizona? :cool:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have to wonder if maybe it's just me. The local guys on here seem to be the biggest cowards of all, either elusive, complete pieces of work, or full of excuses once it's been established that meeting is highly probable.
It isn't just you, but, no mater the gender (As Plug It In noted) or region, I think many people prefer the whole internet fantasy thing to meeting IRL. Even if only meeting as acquaintances without the sexual aspect.

I've met a few from California. One is no longer a member, he's heterosexual, very cool to hang with around L.A. - other than flirting there was never anything intimate about our interactions, maybe that helped. Another guy I had coffee with in San Francisco, he was 100% gay, so again not romantic. A third was extremely flaky, but we eventually met in NY. The fourth L.A. guy, ultimate flake (he moved like a week before I returned to CA from NY for Labor Day weekend or something. *curses* ), but still would like to meet him and his gf when in their new town. :)

This one might be on your list - a year or so ago I heard great things about one very tall member from his ex, another member. She was very complimentary and I must say my PM exchange with him was friendly, but he's in the IE and I'm not. Typically, I plan never to be there, so that and my own busy travel schedule/boyfriend/whatnot made it a no go. He's really cute, tho.

Idk, I am in California now, will be for the next two weeks, and I've come to the conclusion that the guys here are a little too laid-back/passive for me. :shrug:

TallCurvyCutie

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I know what i would do if i was in the states ;) as long as its just for fun for both...

And what's that?

Keep being awesome though.

Thanks for that, totally made me grin when I read it. You too!

I think the road most definitely goes both ways. [...]

I think for most... just like dating... it is more about the chase than the actual catch.

With that said, ever in Arizona?

Very true. And AZ is in the southwest US last I checked. :tongue:

if your close to san francisco maybe we can chat sometime and see where it leads... and you can see my face pics too lol

I try to get to the bay area and Vegas a couple times a year for what it's worth.

I think many people prefer the whole internet fantasy thing to meeting IRL. Even if only meeting as acquaintances without the sexual aspect. [...]

This one might be on your list - a year or so ago I heard great things about one very tall member from his ex, another member. [...] He's really cute, tho.

Idk, I am in California now, will be for the next two weeks, and I've come to the conclusion that the guys here are a little too laid-back/passive for me.

Agreed, that's what I've been making of it all. In theory is one thing, but in practice is another story. Kinda sad. He's not on my list, but consider me intrigued. Tell me more! :biggrin1: Tried to PM you, but there's no option on your page. Hrmph. My experience is the guys who I want to be laid back and passive aren't and vice versa. Go figure.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Agreed, that's what I've been making of it all. In theory is one thing, but in practice is another story. Kinda sad. He's not on my list, but consider me intrigued. Tell me more! :biggrin1: Tried to PM you, but there's no option on your page. Hrmph. My experience is the guys who I want to be laid back and passive aren't and vice versa. Go figure.
PM sent and thank you for the heads up on my messaging issues. *eek*