Is it just me?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jeepwranglerboi, Feb 18, 2005.

1. jeepwranglerboi

jeepwranglerboi New Member

Is anyone else noticing a recent trend going on here? Posts are popping up that do not contain what is even close to proper English and often have outlandish claims and everyone hops on the berating band wagon. Now, I'm not saying that I believe these posts. Why in the world would you want to take your girlfriends' dad to a sauna and show him your cock and talk about how much she likes it. I don't get it. However, that is not to say that this didn't happen. Perhaps the kid actually did do this, he obviously has some interesting issues, but maybe he did. I'm certainly not gonna say that there is no person on the earth who has a penis that hangs down to their knees but that doesn't necessarily mean that I believe the kid on here.

I guess my point is that it seems to me that everyone is so willing and eager to prove people false. I personally don't give a shit. I find that it's not really worth my time and energy to put into whether or not the situation is true or false. If I believe it, then great but if not, I'm not really gonna go out of my way to try to prove them wrong unless it personally pertains to me. I feel that if someone does make an outlandish claim that is more than likely not real then they are trying to get some sort of attention or approval and by going on and on about the fact that they are incorrect only feeds their appetite. I perceive a lot of these posters to be rather young by their lack of spelling, punctuation, etc. (I know you will all go thru my posts now to make sure they are correct now. I'll go ahead and tell you that I use too many commas and exclamation points. :p ) They obviously don't have any respect for this site and the people who participate on it and I kinda take offense to it.

So, what do you all think? What can we do to help this situation? I'm not really sure where this rant came from but nonetheless here it is and please forgive me if I have offended anyone or belittled their feelings in any fashion.

PS: Gosh, I hope that at least some of this makes sense!

2. Pene_Negro_Grande

Gold Member

Jeep - definitely see what you are talking about...But I think the reason these people post is - we regualars don't start new post enough...I know that is the reason that I try to start a new post of 2 weekly - not because I don't have a life - actually too much of a life (LOL)...But come on folks - I know by your comments you have some great post to start - I work from home alot and need some entertainment or life experiences...Also I just moved directly into the city yesterday to a very gay-friendly area so I am sure I will have some great ones to tell in the future - like I said - I know way too many people...Got way too drunk last night and woke up w/a girl I really don't remember at all - glad I found the condom wrapper though...Still getting use to my new loft - didn't even know I was at my place...

3. Pappy

Pappy Member

Makes sense to me. I'm sure we have lost members and potiential members because of all the bickering and disbelief that has been going on lately. I think when someone writes a response it should be positive and supportive, not negative or condescending. In other words if you can't say something nice then don't say anything. And for God's sake stop asking for proof of size claims. Remember this site is subject to the laws here in the U.S. No one wants to see it shut down because someone underage is exposing their genitals via webcam to members that are adult. Let's keep it legal and show Mark that we do appreciate his efforts with this forum.

OK, I'll shut up now.

4. Pene_Negro_Grande

Gold Member

Excellent point Pappy...Personally I just like to read new post anyway - and just don't respond if I think it is stupid and really not concerned w/a guy's dick size...

5. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    I admit I'm not a vet by any means since I've only been here about 18 days by now, but I have noticed some of what jeep is talking about. The whole controversy with nerolix is something that shouldn't have happened. I stayed away from it personally.

To me it seems that there are some people who believe that they are right, and their opinion is the only one that matters. They may be younger or whatever age they say they want to be on these boards. Language can be a good indicator, but even mine breaks down from time to time if I choose to hurry through my reply to a post.

I guess I'd just like to see most of us that want to use this board for its really here for to stop getting sucked into useless conversations. Let everyone who would like to wallow in their own obsessions. They should get bored with it before long with no real depth being injected into their threads.

- Alt

6. txquis

Gold Member

We went through a bickering period in the spring of 2003, and it really turned me off the place for awhile....that is natural on a message board.
    It wont surprise many people, that i stay out of these things, and try to ignore them.

But remember, too, our board is a target for trolls...always has been and always will be...
    And a target for hotheads. The internet is so anonymous, that otherwise nice people tend to bitch a lot more......

To read my spoof of the LPSG "trolls", go to my blog.
    :D

7. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Must be the Garfield the Cat in me... "reeaaarr! phtt! phtt!"

*slinks into corner with tail between legs*

LPSG is surely the best 'Big Guy' forum on the net and it's not because Mark wields
    a large hammer (pardon the pun) to keep us in line.

It's the best because of the people, male and female, who make it their home away from home.

Here you'll find tactful, thoughtful, empathetic answers to questions ranging from the ridiculous to the sublime.

We've even shed a few tears together.

But, dammit, sometimes you just have to laugh. If it's a slap-knee, witty or even satirical reaction to a post, as long as it's taken in the spirit it's given, it's harmless.

After we've had our fun, most of us offer to put our arms around the subject of our mirth and express our respect and appreciation but you must admit, some posters just cannot be taken seriously.

8. godiluvabig1

godiluvabig1 New Member

You're right, txquis...
    I get a lot of comments from others as to how nice I am, but yet, I allowed myself to get drawn into the arguments with hung thick pertaining to yaoifun's situation... At first I had sent him personal messages, but then when he posted them on the board for everyone to see, I lost it and wrote some mean stuff to him, and not to mention, I even lowered my standards and posted them for all to see. But I will tell ya'll as I told him...
    When I saw his post about working with the elderly, I was stunned. His previous comments seemed like a completely different person... Soooo... I figured that maybe he's also one of those nice people who tend to "bitch a lot more," and I sent him a message from my yahoo messenger apologizing...
    And Jeep, you're right about us young people on here (I'm only 18), but at least some of us are mature enough to hang without starting ridiculous posts... There's a few of us on here that have our respect for ya'll... ;)

9. chris319

chris319 New Member

Some of them are not native English speakers (nerolix, mr38cm) so give them a break.
    I don't know what your idea of "outlandish" is, but there are people in this world who really are knee-hung and this is a board about large penises, so do the math.

A few members whipped themselves up into a lynch-mob frenzy over nerolix, then when a trusted member of said lynch mob authenticated his claim via webcam, there were heapin' helpin's of crow to be eaten. Now that this little melodrama has played out, there are still people making condescending remarks about nerolix.

Yah, any troll can come here and claim to have a 14 incher, but if the angry lynch mob assumes anyone who comes here and makes such a claim is a troll, you're going to chase legitimate people off for whom this board should be a haven. You know what happens when people ASS-U-ME. I applaud nerolix and mr38cm for sticking around. They could just as easily have said "f**k y'all" and we'd never see them again.

jeepwranglerboi: I didn't mean to ream you a new butthole (as tantalizing as that sounds) nor to single you out. This applies to everyone in the lynch mob even though I quoted from your post.

10. ziggity

ziggity New Member

Albums:
    jeep, i definitely see things that way too. some people only have

a] proven true
    b] proven false

and can accept no alternative... that's a horrible way to live. you can't know EVERYTHING. my outlook is that there's

a] proven true
    b] proven false
    c] don't know for sure but i'm not gonna be shitting myself over it until i know :D :D :D

11. jonb

Gold Member

Yeah, most fathers do NOT want to hear about you having sex with their daughters. They don't want you to do it without telling either, but what I'm saying is, you'd have to be very masochistic to tell her father about such things.

12. Imported

Gold Member

NelsonMuntz84: Its fair to say at times life is stranger than fiction, I dont think any of us would doubt that. I think its also fair to say some of the topics started on here are basically rubbish, but the problem being we dont want to get to stage that when something happens which is unsual, weird or a bit strange, the person feels they cannot post it here, so its a very thin line we need to tread.

I dont post as much as I could, sometimes I feel its a bit of a closed shop or maybe threads go in I direction that are different from my experiences, but such is life and if I'm not posting, I shouldn't get to moan about it.

I went to school with a guy who loved to show his penis to everyone, he even started showing it to cars behind us on the bus home from school when I was 17, someone like him telling a dad how he f*cks his daughter wouldn't surprise me, so though I'm unsure of that type thing too, just looking in my own past I realise its easily possible with some folk.

Just to finish, I dont think we should be to hard on those on here, I'd say for every rubbish thread, there about 7-8 good. I post on football (soccer) forum;s alot, and if you get a ratio of 2 or 3 good thread for every 1 bad one, its thought to be a really good site. So if you think of it like that, we arent doing to badly on here.

13. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

But the point is, the trusted member of said lynch mob did not authenticate the claim. Nerolix said that his soft cock passed his knee, and trusted member Surferboy saw him on cam and said that it did not even reach his knee. What I objected to was the tone of nerolix's original post (which he posted in two different categories). It was a grand brag about his recently attained past-the-knee cock length followed by a question: "any other boys, teens, tweens here with the same prob?" 'Prob'? In that post, he didn't mention any 'prob'. Tweens? Yeah, I really believe there are twelve year-olds out there with fourteen inch soft cocks. In my opinion, his post sounded like bullshit. In my opinion, it still does. But it's just that: my opinion. Just like it's my opinion that a minor shouldn't be showing off his cock via web cam to someone in the US where such things are illegal. If expressing my opinion makes me evil, then I am evil ... but it's okay; I've been called worse. LPSG is a forum where people can offer their honest opinions. If Nerolix wanted support for a problem, he should have told us what that problem is.

14. Imported

Gold Member

hung_big: One thing I'd like to mention is that I think we should stop naming names. For one, I think everyone knew who Jeep was implying, and implications are easily recognised without naming names. With snarky comments, chances are another fiasco of the same sort may be well underway.

Two. I agree 100% with Jeep, EXCEPT for the fact that you stereotyped the fact that young people/youth are the ones who are misspelling and using lazy linguisitics when posting. I am probably the youngest member on this forum, and I have seen plenty of improper spelling on the parts of the older members. Of course, we all do make mistakes, but to say solely that it is a problem pertaining to young posters is ignorant and stereotypical. Granted, probably a larger percentage of teenagers use slang and improper grammar, but consider what percentage of this board consists of youth...a small number I assure you. It's quite patronizing, but I don't take personal offence to it, because I hope you were not referring to me. But I go into 'rant-mode' when stereotypes are directed at teenagers, as we seem to get a bad enough rep as it is, without our way of speaking being added to the long list.

Third, cut some people some slack. It's no better to say 'I withold my opinion and don't respond to try to prove people wrong' and then turn around and have an entire topic ranting about every past incident of Bullshit on this site. It's over, so why keep rehashing old incidences?

15. naughty

Gold Member

Guilty!

Of misspelled words and run-on sentences! Most of the time reading them again I try to edit.But sometimes they slip through. I am glad that someone did mention the increase in caustic remarks. I understand that we all have our own very strong opinions about things, but it does discourage posters. No one wants to be made to feel inadequate in any way. Remember this is supposed to be a support group. I also must say that I fully understand the feelings of the posters that have left recently because they felt they didnt really exist. I think that many of us PM or IM outside the board so we continue our playtime on the board.But please remember that everyone wasnt invited to the party and it can feel pretty cold on the outside. I still think that in general this is a pretty fun group of people.Thank you Jeep for bringing this up.

Naughty

16. chris319

chris319 New Member

In his first post Nerolix said
    Then he said
    Nerolix is not a native English speaker so I'll give him a break on the use of the word "passed". Maybe he thinks "passed" means "reached". Who knows? Still, it doesn't justify the mindset of the angry lynch mob that was all set to hang him from the nearest lamp post after calling him an "Oompa Loompa" and worse.
    That's close enough for me. Maybe it reaches the very top of his knee, maybe it depends on whether he is sitting or standing; I haven't seen it so I don't know. Life is too short to split hairs over it.

As far as the legality of it, I'm not a law enforcement agent so I frankly don't care. I don't think Nixie has been corrupted by the experience -- or maybe he has. ;)

17. yaoifun

yaoifun New Member

I try to spell right and use proper punctuation, but I know I slip up at times. Aslo, sorry about causing the arguing when I had my little spell (I really do feel bad, but I'll help others when I can) but really, I think if we can all just chill the way we all used to, this place will totally be 200% better than ever!

18. Imported

Gold Member

hung_big: It's weird. To me, this place hasn't changed much since I have joined (not like that is saying much, but oh well). The reason being I distanced myself from all this nerolix confusion and hate, and every other little bad spell we have had.

Why get yourself involved, and what's more, why keep rehashing it and bringing it up. Leave be what's already long dead.

19. Pene_Negro_Grande

Gold Member

Can we all just get along - I mean most of the people I have chatted w/seem like genuinely great guys and ladies...And I can honestly say that this forum has helped me w/a few issues and things...I think I am still a newbie too - so not sure how it use to be...

20. brainzz_n_dong

brainzz_n_dong New Member

I guess I've lead a sheltered life but I just heard about this site about a week ago. There aren't too many places that you can go in life if you want to know how weird or normal your own experiences with your extra-large weenie are that come across as half-way reliable. I've found a lot of threads in here that offer some damned good advice as well as give-n-take and others that it seems like the thread starter is more interested in seeing if they kick-start a fantasy writing career...won't mention any names :)

Overall, this seems like a cool place. I hope I can learn fromyou guys and help others that can learn from me. Talk to you all later on.

Michael

Draft saved Draft deleted