Is it just me...

I agree - at least about the Politics forum.

Haven't posted there for a while. Sod all of interest happening (unless I've just gone off it?).

Is it just me? But I find it more pleasant without all the needless reports coming to the moderators largely from this forum.
Pssst, ppl are being mean to me in Politics. It's that FlameBoy tw@ mainly. :wink:

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The news cycle is in its summer lull. Give it a few weeks.

Plus, the mods wisely got rid of a few of the trolls who really made this place annoying to read and participate in. It takes a while, but stable, well organized forums almost always grow over time.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes it has. IMO it comes from people being afraid of being banned because some "candyass" on here gets their little feelings hurt over what has been posted and they run and cry to the Mods. I get sick of how some on here are quick to lable someone a troll for what they post because it doesn't suit them. All I can say is grow the fuck up! If you're that thinned-skinned maybe you shouldn't be on here. There are plenty of things that have been posted on here that I don't agree with or just plain don't like but I've never attacked anyone or ran crying like a little bitch to the Mods for what they posted, they have a right just as I do to express their opinion whether I agree with it or not. I think its time for people to act like adults and not a bunch of three year olds.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
...or has the Politics forum (and LPSG in general) gone downhill markedly the past few weeks? It's so boring recently....:frown1:

Well I agree about LPSG in general and I blame the ban-fest for that.

However, for me the politics forum has finally become readable. There seem to be actual discussions taking place now, as opposed to the shouting, screaming and name-calling that went on before.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes it has. IMO it comes from people being afraid of being banned because some "candyass" on here gets their little feelings hurt over what has been posted and they run and cry to the Mods. I get sick of how some on here are quick to lable someone a troll for what they post because it doesn't suit them. All I can say is grow the fuck up! If you're that thinned-skinned maybe you shouldn't be on here. There are plenty of things that have been posted on here that I don't agree with or just plain don't like but I've never attacked anyone or ran crying like a little bitch to the Mods for what they posted, they have a right just as I do to express their opinion whether I agree with it or not. I think its time for people to act like adults and not a bunch of three year olds.

The only people that got banned were well deserving of it. Nobody has anything to be afraid of, so long as they don't act like sociopathic children.

ColoradoGuy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

You can have your viewpoint, hypoc8, but I think you're the one out of line, not the people you're complaining about. I've read, posted and watched this Forum since joining and it appears to me the only people who get labeled as "trolls" have exhibited troll-like behavior. Their bans -- at least to me -- seem to come after weeks of exhibiting that behavior. It's the same case with the people who violate the TOS. My only criticism is that in the desire to be fair, maybe too much rope is handed to those individuals by the Moderators.

I find it interesting that you label those who point out violations of the TOS (which are clearly posted for all contributors to read) as "thin-skinned" and "candyass", and even ascribe their actions as running "like a little bitch" to the Moderators. Wow. Those are pretty harsh words and it makes me wonder if you're angry all the time or if today was just an exception.

Nobody should be afraid of being banned for contributing to a discussion and I think the Moderators actions have clearly demonstrated that there is quite a bit of wiggle room as to what "contributing" means. Likewise, no one should be belittled, harassed, or dismissed with a demeaning tone for pointing out potential violations of the TOS or what they perceive to be potential violations of the TOS for investigation.

Moderators are not superhuman (well, except maybe Flameboy) and cannot be expected to read every post in every thread in every Forum to ensure it meets the standards outlined in the TOS. It's up to the members of this Forum to keep the tone civil, the posts on-topic, and the trolling and baiting to a minimum. When those get out of balance, it's up to the members of this Forum to refer those posts to the Moderators for action/comment.

In future, you might want to refrain from resorting to grade-school language and bullying to outline your thoughts. You will be able to better demonstrate your own advice and inspire others to "act like adults".

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'll admit it, I miss Trinity........her posts were a wonder of the use of different type faces, bold, italics, and the dreaded scarey red type.

this post is not an invitation to bash Trin....

I cannot believe that you actually posted this :eek::rolleyes:

To the OP: it's still transitioning. The Politics Forum rehab is still a work in progress. The mid-Summer doldrums have set in, and the news cycle is cranky and slow. Come the Fall, we'll have plenty to talk about.

IMO, anyone who is "afraid" to post here either doesn't get it or is being deeply disingenuous.