Is it like..... OK to go to bars alone????

D_Bubba_Butter

Account Disabled
Media
You guys might think this is a stupid question.

But sometimes I come home from work, tired, but still restless. I have my fiance, but sometimes she isn't up for a conversation and the lil one doesn't want to be bothered.....

So it feels like I come home to a empty house sometimes. I know we all are just tired and have our things to do, but I still feel lonely in the company of others. And all of my close friends are out of town.

If I go to a bar, or to a club alone.... is that weird. Will I be labeled as the weird guy because I came alone? Is this even a good idea?

Have you never watched Cheers?

You need to be a regular at one place, so they become a surrogate family.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
i have a favorite pub i stop by a couple times a week on the way home. they always have my sam adams waiting for me. i usually bring a book and read, sometimes i get finger foods but more often than not i stay for either 1 or 2 and then go home just a block away. occasionally someone will start talking to me, asking about my book or making small talk. now and then someone buys me a drink, or i buy one for them. i don't think it's weird at all!

i could see it being a different vibe in a clubby type place though.

Last edited:

monel

Sexy Member
Media
I go to bars alone on occasion. When I do it's because I want to be alone but I rather be surrounded by people. I like the distraction of having a crowd around me even if I'd rather not converse with anyone. I prefer to feed my anti-social nature in the company of others.