Is it me or are briefs coming back?!

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by cjfp18, Nov 24, 2010.

1. cjfp18

cjfp18 Active Member

Albums:
    I'm 22 and have started to wear briefs more often. I've noticed it with other younger guys also.
    Are they coming back??

2. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I would have to say yes. It seems that boxerbriefs have been the most popular with young guys for the past 5 years or so. Based on what I've been seeing at the gym, the stores, and at work, briefs are becoming the default for young guys replacing boxerbriefs. 15 years ago, that same age group wouldn't be caught dead in anything other than boxers. My theory is that boxerbriefs were the stepping stone from boxers back to briefs. Most of the middle age and older guys stayed loyal to briefs during the boxers craze. I came late to the boxers party and only started wearing them 5 years ago. I like having the 3 main types of underwear - boxers, boxerbriefs, and briefs - and switching it up according to my mood.

3. cwboy22

cwboy22 New Member

Albums:
    If Hollywood is any indication it seems so. Chris Pine and Ryan Reynolds both in movies in briefs. Yay.

4. andii

andii Member

I hope so. I love them and they are gorgeous

5. Rob_81

Rob_81 New Member

It's you.

6. D_Coupeland Clydesdale

These styles go in phases, of course. I remember as a kid seeing my father in boxer briefs, and my brother and I thought they were the funniest looking things we'd ever seen. Now they're in style. The above poster was right about the last generation being all about boxers, which I never understood (why wear a pair of shorts under your pants...if it's freeballing you want, go commando). Anyway, if briefs are making a comeback, then all I can say is "finally".

7. catman

Gold Member

I see more boxers at the gym, but a real mix...

8. bignbubbly

bignbubbly Member

I used to be a boxers guy, then I switeched to boxer briefs and now I've just been wearing briefs and I love them. I bought some Hanes sports briefs at Target and I love them (6 pack for $10). They're a little different than whitie tidies since there's less cloth and no pouch in front. It's just one layer of cloth, which I think makes a bigger and better looking bulge. They don't ride up in jeans like boxers or boxer briefs either. And they make my butt look good lol. I will post some pics soon!

9. Jigajig

Jigajig Member

I'm wearing some right now

10. BigMuscledNick

I have to say that I am seeing almost all guys in my dorm wearing briefs, not afraid to be seen hanging out in them in their dorm rooms even. I was also surprised last week I went to the campus gym and saw a few guys working out/running in a speedo+wifebeater combination. I asked one of them, he said he was sick of baggy shorts getting in his way in the gym, and if a guy wants to stare at his junk that's their problem. Really shocked me. Guess guys are getting comfortable in briefs again.

11. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    thats awesome!!...

just curious what part of the country your in.. I won't as which school specifically..

what do you mean speedo and wifebeater?... like real brief style speedos or more like squarecuts?..

12. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    what fabric are they made out of?..

cotton or are they more nylon?..

if you could maybe find a pic of them or their packaging online to post thatd be awesome so we know what to look for..

I know target has some Evolve briefs that I like..

13. D_Dick VonDuke

D_Dick VonDuke New Member

i agree

14. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

I'm seeing more boxer-briefs than anything round here in the UK, so I would say NO, but up to a point.

I started briefs until 11, went boxers, and about 8 years back, went boxer-briefs.

For a short while I did try briefs, but just could not get on with them, and especially the way they made me feel very sweaty.

Mates lad who's 13 is boxers, but as he's playing a number of sports, he has also taken the strange step for a lad of his age, and looking at jockstraps, so least he's trying to look after himself, especially after walloping his groin a few times.

#14 B_stanmarsh14, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  15. NSX57

NSX57 Member

I would agree. Briefs are making a comeback but like many have said, everything goes in phases. I never liked boxers and was wearing boxer briefs solely in high school and now I wear a mix. With fun underwear like Ginch Gonch, Go Softwear, & Andrew Christian, it is not boring briefs anymore.

16. bignbubbly

bignbubbly Member

I couldn't find them online, but I'll be sure to post some pics soon

17. WellHung83

Gold Member

Albums:
    Boxer briefs are kind of the stepping stone towards briefs I think as another poster has mentioned, so that if a guy is happy wearing something that form fitting that basically shows everything off anyway but just with a bit more fabric than a brief, then briefs would be the next logical step. Plus, a lot of the top line underwear companies are making more brief ranges than the boxer brief ranges it seems rather than even loose boxers.

18. 2xistTrunks

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I agree that guys seem to be trending back toward briefer styles. A lot of guys I know wear boxer briefs or trunks, which are obviously an improvement over boxers.
    Personally, I'm partial to trunks, but I enjoy seeing guys in a good pair of briefs too.

19. BoxersguyNJ

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I see mostly europeans like briefs or bikini style briefs. I myself like either boxerbriefs or boxers

20. sgtrock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Don't believe they ever went away; with the exception of bootcamp in the marines I always wore and continue to wear briefs. I like the tight fit and especially when you get aroused... As for the gym I wear briefs except in the sauna or steam room and there I where nothing at all.

I think it comes down to what you grew up with and personal preference don't need a trend to decide my underwear choice.

Swim wear is another story as is workout shorts as anyone my age (50+) can attest too, it wasn't that long able we wore short shorts now they are to the knee.

Draft saved Draft deleted