Is it me, or does it not feel like Christmas time?

D

deleted3782

I've done pretty well this year in my avoidance of x-mas stuff. I can skip shopping traffic pretty easily. I had only one party to attend. I skipped the decoratons and the only two presents I need to buy are gift certificates that I can pick-up at the grocery store. Work has kept me really busy so I haven't had the spare time to deal with holiday cheer. Only 10 days till Dec 26th!

$0.02

I've worked in retail for three holiday seasons and I've got to say, it has largely made me completely burnt out on Christmas. The majority of Christmas carols rouse a strong desire in me, to punch someone in the face. I also dislike how commercial Christmas (and pretty much every holiday ever) is, as well as thinking the amount that merchandise gets marked up, from wholesale to retail is crazy. BUT. I'm not a total Grinch. I actually still really enjoy Christmas for the most part. I like getting to spend time with family, I love giving people gifts (whether they're home-made or store bought). If it's snowy, great. If not, oh well. The reason I'm having a hard time with feeling festive this year, is my mom just died. Most of my holiday-y energy is being devoted towards trying to make sure this Christmas is as awesome as possible for my poor dad.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Its worth fighting to get yourself in the mood for Christmas. Sure its a busy time of year and everyone is dead tired from the previous 364 days, but its the one time of the year when 99.9% of people are simultaneously happy, and they other 0.01% of miserable bastards are out numbered.

How anyone could not enjoy Christmas is beyond me :tongue:

PS: Why the hell is there no Christmas smileys on the list
?

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
$0.02

I've worked in retail for three holiday seasons and I've got to say, it has largely made me completely burnt out on Christmas. The majority of Christmas carols rouse a strong desire in me, to punch someone in the face. I also dislike how commercial Christmas (and pretty much every holiday ever) is, as well as thinking the amount that merchandise gets marked up, from wholesale to retail is crazy. BUT. I'm not a total Grinch. I actually still really enjoy Christmas for the most part. I like getting to spend time with family, I love giving people gifts (whether they're home-made or store bought). If it's snowy, great. If not, oh well. The reason I'm having a hard time with feeling festive this year, is my mom just died. Most of my holiday-y energy is being devoted towards trying to make sure this Christmas is as awesome as possible for my poor dad.

Sorry for your loss. Your mother raised a good daughter, and would probably be very proud of you for taking care of your dad.