Is it "medically necessary" for men to ejaculate?

BigRedBen

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You saved me of digging! As the links says, the More you masturbate/ejaculate the more healthy your manhood & prostate stays. Did not open all links but hope it is there also, i remember reading a study where they studied men who does masturbate and not, those who did over the years had lower % to have prostate problems/cancer when they came to the risk age group.

Myself longest without was in army but now 1 week without unloading my nuts, i feel like my testicles have gained weight and size, even had to call my doctor and ask as i have no memory of the last time when i checked them myself nor did my partner remember but all good and soon getting to do it again with daily basis.

S

SirConcis

As others have stated, there are mechanisms in place to release "pressure" of the liquid, either releases into urethra in bits, or via nocturnal emissions.

But this does not release sexual tension.

I find that when I abstain, the balls get heavier, and eventually, my glans becomes more noticeable in underwear during day which makes me horny and increases the need to get some release.

Reactions: Addicted2edging
S

SirConcis

During the clinton administration, the then surgeon general supported a report that stated masturbation was healthy. Se was fired for supporting it because it was politically unacceptable, but it was the tructh.

Just because you can go without doesn't mean that it is the healthiest way. You can also go wiothout any exercise for long time, and that won't make you healthier.

Masturbation is good. But abstinence is possible.

After circumcision, abstaining is the hardest part. docs sya "1 month", but nobody can last that long, usually 2 weeks.

Reactions: BigRedBen

lowhangers

Loved Member
Media
European district (Brussels Capital, Belgium)
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I cannot erected for about 10 years. Have used an erectionpump for to cumm and to go in.
Also for lozing the blue balls feelings.
After pumping mine Dick hurts a lot. I have stop. Now after 2 maybe 3 years without comming I still leak once a few weeks precum mostly at night.
But:
Mine balls had shrunk
Mine glance has lost his color
Mine penis has still his lenght

I donot know if he has still his lenght when I pump HIM stiff.

S

SirConcis

I believe the optimal is every 4 days. But we all know that men often do this far more frequenctly :)

Just because one *can* go without and not die doesn't mean that it is the recommended or best practice.

Besiodes, masturbation is good cardio vascular exercise (and muscle exercise for at least 1 wrist/elbow :)

Zyz

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If a guy doesn't masturbate, he will slowly go mad. I tried abstaining and by 3 weeks in, I was so distractible I couldn't work. Not thinking about sex, just less able to concentrate.

I would be happy to stop masturbating completely, if someone were willing to take on the job for me. I could then work both arms out at the gym instead of just the left (for the purposes of symmetry), and wouldn't get so many curious stares.

bigdog83

Sexy Member
Media
I am a curious late 40's woman who has read and heard many viewpoints if it is "medically necessary" for sexually active men to ejaculate and/or masturbate to orgasm if no other outlet is available. I have read about and talked to both men and women, religious and non religious viewpoints, military, prisoners, medical issues regarding ejaculations problems, and even the "NoFap" blog (a community of men who believe in no masturbation). Unfortunately with all this information the vote is still "out" regarding the necessity of men "cumming" depending on who you read about or talk too. Women seem to favor "it is not necessary" while most men favor "it is most definitely a physical need". P.S. I do enjoy what men "do" and think it is "healthy" and "normal".

I would suspect yes....I'm 33 and if I dont cum for awhile, maybe 2/3 months, i'll cum in my sleep. I guess it is just my body getting out with the old and in with the new...

pn7777

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm in my late 40's.

Like others have mentioned, some studies have shown that men with less frequent releases have been shown to have a greater risk of prostate cancer.

My experience was that from the age of 15 to 25, if i went 5 days without a release, then I'd have a nocturnal emission. Most of the time it would wake me up, with a pool on the sheets.

Nocturnal emissions became less frequent over time due to aging, and i don't think I've had any since i was maybe 35. However i still produce the same amount of semen. So from my experience, people who dismiss the semen buildup in the prostate as something that will be handled through regular nocturnal emissions are not correct. At 18 years old, yes. At 46 years old, no way.

Without this natural regular release, the prostate holds the semen, continues to make more, and can swell.

Unfortunately, the prostate is a donut shape gland just below the bladder and completely surrounds the ureter, and the ureter (tube which carries urine out of the bladder) passes through the donut hole when a man urinates. So, if the prostate swells, it constricts the flow of urine. The swelling, the lack of completely emptying the bladder, all that can lead to prostatitis, urinary tract infections and all that. It's actually pretty serious.

I notice that if i go 4 days without a release, my urine flow is affected. If my wife and i can't have sex over 4 days due to whatever reason, i try to make sure to make myself release on my own. If i don't then I'm in a lot of discomfort, not to mention the lack of sex makes me extremely irritable.

Anyway, i wanted to share my experience as a guy at almost 50 years old.

Summary:
- nocturnal emissions are infrequent or non existent after 35 years old for some men.
- an unemptied prostate can often constrict the flow of urine, leading to an unemptied bladder, prostatitis and or urinary tract infections.
- on top of all this is the general irritability and difficulty focusing if i don't release after 4 days... every clicking high heel shoe gets my pressure up.

lowhangers

Loved Member
Media
European district (Brussels Capital, Belgium)
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
As said, I have an total ED that I got when I was middle 40. After using a pump for several years I stopped with that because it hurts mine penis to much.
I have not cumm now for more than 2 years, but I leak many times precum, so the body makes it naturly empty.
I pee very well, so I dodn.t think that it is a medical problem when not cumming.

Notaes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think it is necessary because the buildup of excess semen would be too great if it wasn't released somehow. I know I feel the need if I don't ejaculate regularly. Please feel free to chat with me about it in depth if you like .

I have to ejaculate on a regular basis or I get so much anxiety I can't function. Men were made to fuck and cum on a regular basis.

FastNHard

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Medically necessary, probably not. For me though if I don't get off at least once a week it hurts too bad to stand it anymore. The longest I've went was a couple weeks, thought I was going to kill someone, once I came I was fine, well after a couple times of cumming I was fine.

Acratopotes

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Everything seems to hinge on your definition of "medically necessary" and in that I'd take issue with "medically necessary" being a simple yes/no. In reality, clinical decisions are based on an analysis of risk and benefit and in some cases also cost, and on priorities, i.e. you treat people whose conditions pose the greatest threat to their lives first.

I am happy that there is no short term physiological ill-effect from not ejaculating. That means if you were running a hospital ward there is no need for staff to intervene to make men ejaculate who would otherwise be too ill to do so. One would do better to spend the time treating whatever causes them to be on the ward in the first place.

Long term, there does seem to be a benefit in lowering the risk of prostate cancer. Ejaculating from masturbation is risk free so when you have a benefit and no risk that makes a clear case in favour of doing the thing that provides the benefit. The situation is not quite so simple with sex in that there can be risks, either of unwanted pregnancy or STIs but these can be managed.

Then there is the effect on mood. Certainly my own experience is that when I am able to ejaculate one way or another reasonably often I am even tempered and pleasant company. The longer I go without the more easily aroused I am until I reach a point where I seem to be aroused even in the absense of any obvious external stimulation. Leave it still further and I am feeling frustrated and grumpy and probably quite rotten company.

I think it is also fair to say it is the pyscological benefit of sex with your partner and the bonding effect produced that makes the risks of sex worthwhile.

I think it is fair to say that a man who says he needs to ejaculate as a reason why his parter who, at the time is not in the mood for sex, should nevertheless provide it is trying it on. On the other hand suggesting that men should exert the control of their concious minds over their "animal instincts" and refrain from ejaculating for long periods is unrealistic and attemping to make men feel ashamed of tending to their own needs is itself shameful.

Reactions: hunghorse30

sensor

Experimental Member
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A good way to think about it is from womans point of view; lactation and milk build up after pregnancy. The breasts get enlarged as they fill and if not expelled through feeding or pumping, are painful, heavy and the woman just wants some relief. Yeah the breasts naturally will leak, dont think it stops that pressure, weight or desire for relief.
Is it medically nessecary for the woman to pump or feed, no, neither is it a nessecity for the man to ejaculate, sure makes them happier and easier to be around.

Reactions: hunghorse30

sensor

Experimental Member
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A good way to think about it is from womans point of view; lactation and milk build up after pregnancy. The breasts get enlarged as they fill and if not expelled through feeding or pumping, are painful, heavy and the woman just wants some relief. Yeah the breasts naturally will leak, dont think it stops that pressure, weight or desire for relief.
Is it medically nessecary for the woman to pump or feed, no, neither is it a nessecity for the man to ejaculate, sure makes them happier and easier to be around.

Reactions: Bobbie1952

There are clear health benefits to regular ejaculations and no disbenefits. Why would anyone rely on nocturnal emissions to expel excess semen - who wants to wake up in a pool of jizz? The fact that this automatic bodily function exists is a good indication that it's better out than in, a sort of pressure valve.

Medically necessary? Depends on your definition of course. But anyone who's ever had prostatitis, which is a living hell, will understand the necessity. The consultant urologist I saw strongly advocated regular ejaculation (twice or three times a week) to ease symptoms and restore prostate health. This is backed up in numerous studies e.g. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10226823 It is not surprising that prostate cancer is also linked to infrequent ejaculation.

Ohiojohn

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
There are clear health benefits to regular ejaculations and no disbenefits. Why would anyone rely on nocturnal emissions to expel excess semen - who wants to wake up in a pool of jizz? The fact that this automatic bodily function exists is a good indication that it's better out than in, a sort of pressure valve.

Medically necessary? Depends on your definition of course. But anyone who's ever had prostatitis, which is a living hell, will understand the necessity. The consultant urologist I saw strongly advocated regular ejaculation (twice or three times a week) to ease symptoms and restore prostate health. This is backed up in numerous studies e.g. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10226823 It is not surprising that prostate cancer is also linked to infrequent ejaculation.
I've had prostatitis before. Ouch! Never again! No thanks. I usually rub a daily load out to keep my fluids flowing