Is it off putting if you're into someone who's never been in a serious LTR?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by eyescream, Jan 11, 2010.

1. eyescream

Gold Member

I was reading an article where this guy is hesitant on taking a girl seriously because he found out that she's never been in a serious long term relationship.

Do you think it's fair to judge someone by how long their relationships have lasted?

I've been in LTRs but I don't consider myself the committed type, and on the other hand a friend of mine who is very loyal has had 2 major 'crushes' in a span of 20 years but she's never been in a long term relationship.

2. dolfette

Gold Member

depends on his age.
    cute at 20,
    unusual at 30,
    worrying at 40.

if there was a reason...like he was a carer for his infirm mother and never had time...yeah, that i could understand.

3. sxjTheFirst

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Unusual going on worrying here :smile:

4. D_Doe_Ray_Mi

D_Doe_Ray_Mi Account Disabled

Yes, it is a red flag for me as it is if a woman doesn't have good girlfriends.To me it is a reflection of their communication skills or lack thereof, openness, security and trustworthiness.

5. heist

heist New Member

Albums:
    I'd think it should be a consideration but not a deal-breaker. It seems silly to assume that any relationship would develop poorly -- and approaching it like that would probably make the assumption self-fulfilling.

But equally I suppose I could be a naive young'un with too little experience to advise properly.

6. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

I have read that there are some 30- or 40-something people out there who feel that divorced people (men and women) are more attractive than never-married people, simply because the divorced person has demonstrated an ability to commit to a relationship.

I find that idea ridiculous - I mean, they're divorced, after all, so they may have been lousy at committment - but it's out there.

7. eyescream

Gold Member

I agree. Studies have shown that people who have been married a second time have a higher chance of getting divorced a second time too.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice