Is it off putting if you're into someone who's never been in a serious LTR?

eyescream

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was reading an article where this guy is hesitant on taking a girl seriously because he found out that she's never been in a serious long term relationship.

Do you think it's fair to judge someone by how long their relationships have lasted?

I've been in LTRs but I don't consider myself the committed type, and on the other hand a friend of mine who is very loyal has had 2 major 'crushes' in a span of 20 years but she's never been in a long term relationship.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
depends on his age.
cute at 20,
unusual at 30,
worrying at 40.

if there was a reason...like he was a carer for his infirm mother and never had time...yeah, that i could understand.

sxjTheFirst

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
depends on his age.
cute at 20,
unusual at 30,
worrying at 40.

if there was a reason...like he was a carer for his infirm mother and never had time...yeah, that i could understand.
Unusual going on worrying here :smile:

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, it is a red flag for me as it is if a woman doesn't have good girlfriends.To me it is a reflection of their communication skills or lack thereof, openness, security and trustworthiness.

heist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'd think it should be a consideration but not a deal-breaker. It seems silly to assume that any relationship would develop poorly -- and approaching it like that would probably make the assumption self-fulfilling.

But equally I suppose I could be a naive young'un with too little experience to advise properly.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I have read that there are some 30- or 40-something people out there who feel that divorced people (men and women) are more attractive than never-married people, simply because the divorced person has demonstrated an ability to commit to a relationship.

I find that idea ridiculous - I mean, they're divorced, after all, so they may have been lousy at committment - but it's out there.

eyescream

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find that idea ridiculous - I mean, they're divorced, after all, so they may have been lousy at committment - but it's out there.

I agree. Studies have shown that people who have been married a second time have a higher chance of getting divorced a second time too.