Is it off putting if you're into someone who's never been in a serious LTR?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by eyescream, Jan 11, 2010.

1. eyescream

Gold Member

I was reading an article where this guy is hesitant on taking a girl seriously because he found out that she's never been in a serious long term relationship.

Do you think it's fair to judge someone by how long their relationships have lasted?

I've been in LTRs but I don't consider myself the committed type, and on the other hand a friend of mine who is very loyal has had 2 major 'crushes' in a span of 20 years but she's never been in a long term relationship.

2. dolfette

Gold Member

depends on his age.
    cute at 20,
    unusual at 30,
    worrying at 40.

if there was a reason...like he was a carer for his infirm mother and never had time...yeah, that i could understand.

3. sxjTheFirst

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Unusual going on worrying here :smile:

4. D_Doe_Ray_Mi

D_Doe_Ray_Mi Account Disabled

Yes, it is a red flag for me as it is if a woman doesn't have good girlfriends.To me it is a reflection of their communication skills or lack thereof, openness, security and trustworthiness.

5. heist

heist New Member

Albums:
    I'd think it should be a consideration but not a deal-breaker. It seems silly to assume that any relationship would develop poorly -- and approaching it like that would probably make the assumption self-fulfilling.

But equally I suppose I could be a naive young'un with too little experience to advise properly.

6. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

I have read that there are some 30- or 40-something people out there who feel that divorced people (men and women) are more attractive than never-married people, simply because the divorced person has demonstrated an ability to commit to a relationship.

I find that idea ridiculous - I mean, they're divorced, after all, so they may have been lousy at committment - but it's out there.

7. eyescream

Gold Member

I agree. Studies have shown that people who have been married a second time have a higher chance of getting divorced a second time too.

Draft saved Draft deleted