Is it ok if a gay guy compliments a str8 guys penis ?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was just wondering what the view was on here of this before i get myself into trouble :newangel:
Making comments on gallery pics? I think most guys are okay with that. There are a few who aren't but they usually make emphatic statements about their straightness in their profiles or signatures.

Totally agree with Jack. However, it has to be done tactfully i.e. "Whoa, dude - watch where you point that thing!" is OK provided you say it in a frat boy kinda way, whereas "Wow, you have a really delicious looking cock" while drooling and staring could easily see you in the ER.
Soarer_boy is correct, the in person cock complient has to be tactfully delivered with barely a glance. Otherwise as novice mentioned make sure your dental insurance is paid up. :redface:

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Over the internet? The obvious literal homophobia in the first post notwithstanding, I am just curious how it would happen. And, though I would gladly turn DCwrestlefan back on you, I wonder how it would happen back...

am not into violence. kinda reminded me though of a story i heard when i lived in galveston tx. straight guy starts shit with a gay guy. gay guy beats this shit out of him. be careful who you mess with.

i would never compliment a homophobe's cock.

:)

avantgarde

Experimental Member
Media
there's a difference in "Straight" and "Str8" it appears LOL. it centers around the mind set...

I consider myself straight.:smile:

I agree with Calboner

calboner said:
It depends on the setting, and it depends on the comment. If the comment is something like "What a beautiful cock," it would be welcome in my gallery or in a PM, but it would probably make me very uncomfortable if it were made in a locker room. If the comment is "I would like to suck your cock," that would be fine if made in my gallery, but it would put me to some trouble if made in a PM, because then I have to calculate how to reply without snubbing the person but also without giving him any encouragement. In a face-to-face encounter, of course, such a comment would create an extremely uncomfortable situation

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've recieved compliments from men about my cock in the locker room from guys who did not know I was gay and I thought it odd and out of place. I took it as an unwanted come on, smiled and switched the topic of conversation.

Anyjoe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This has happened to me many times at the gym.

Each time they have been very 'matter of fact' about it. Like, "man you have a beauty."
Some idiots have said 'is that all you?" or
"How can a man your size(145#) have a piece like that.

Some men are cool and some are idiots!:dunno:

GI SUPRISE

Just Browsing
Media
Very important for you to distinguish between the internet and real life.

If your compliment were over the internet, you don't have to give a damn about what the other person thinks (none of this is real).

On the other hand, if this were real life, you need to realize that complimenting someone on his penis would be the same as telling a chick that she has great tits or a fantastic pussy. That's not an appropriate thing to do in 97% of social settings.

Not only would you be subjecting yourself to the danger of physical retribution you might be putting yourself into criminal liability depending on the circumstances for sexual harrassment

mask13000

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Borough of Queens (New York, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
On the other hand, if this were real life, you need to realize that complimenting someone on his penis would be the same as telling a chick that she has great tits or a fantastic pussy. That's not an appropriate thing to do in 97% of social settings.

Not only would you be subjecting yourself to the danger of physical retribution you might be putting yourself into criminal liability depending on the circumstances for sexual harrassment

But if you WERE a female in a locker room with other naked females and you commented on someone's great proportioned breasts or expertly trimmed landing strip, isn't that a little different? It's all context, isn't it?

I was once in the sauna and commented on this guy's dick tattoo and then got in a full on, appreciative yet non-sexual discussion about it. It wasn't weird, he was straight, and we moved on.

If I did the same thing at a staff meeting, then yes, sue away!

shaftie

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey all,
As a new straight member, I can attest that while I get more turned on by reactions from women, I appreciate a compliment from anyone. I would be a little more uncomfortable receiving compliments from a gay man I didn't know in the physical world, but I used to hange out a lot with a really great gay guy (he moved away, nothing bad happened to our friendship), and when he would occasionally make a comment about how good I looked, I just smiled!

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
In real life, situations that would even make this possible or probable are relatively slim. I've had guys give me the once over in the steam room and even had them obviously cruise me. I don't care, frankly, and it's a bit of an ego boost. However, if you're not wanting the more aggressive guy to take it like you're coming on to him, you have to word the compliment appropriately macho sounding, and preferably in some self-depricating humor. Saying (looking at some well-hung dude in the shower room), "Man, I don't care what they say about all men being created equal. You're definitely more equal than I am," is clever, self-depricating, and complimentary.

I had a guy in the steam room once lean over to me while I was sitting there on a towel, eyes closed, crotch uncovered and say, "Man, do you have to have a concealed carry permit to put on your pants?"

I chuckled and we started talking. He was gay but didn't come on to me. That was totally cool with me.

sleepiboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Honestly, I wouldn't mind it.

I mean, I'm sure a gay man has seen his share of penises in his lifetime to know how to judge one.

reallyhot

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think it's great that here at LPSG most people are open to compliments.
I really appreciate it when people leave compliments in my gallery.
I usually tend to try to respect others boundaries and don't post comments if they don't want them from males, I'll just vote by number instead...
As for those who are outright hostile about it, well in my experience they're often the ones who are deeply in the closet, and in denial about their own sexuality...or have something they are fearful or are in pain about resulting in an outburst of anger or negativity, hopefully they can
come to terms with their challenge in time. I wish them well.

Bill Blaskey

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My view on it is if a guy posts his pictures on here he is fishing for complements in the first place. With that said, I don't mind, but I typically ignore pm's from other men.