Is it possible for a Single Guy to be friends with a Male/Male couple?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If this is in reference to your Flirting Thread, then read my response there.

If it's a general question about befriending couples, then the answer is yes, of course! Just because someone's involved in a relationship doesn't exclude him from your list of potential friends. And don't worry overmuch about playing favorites, because there will most probably be one whom you'll find more interesting, or one with whom you'll have more in common, than the other. Just make sure that you're as polite and engaged with the other one as you can be.

I have several couples with whom I'm friendly, and have noticed that I have three relationships going on with them: one each on an individual basis (different subjects of conversation, for instance) and one where I deal with them as a couple. Even some of the least likely individuals frequently have great advice on developing a relationship when they're speaking as part of a unit.

My two points of concern would be to not take sides when they quarrel, and to resist any sexual tension you may feel with one at the expense of the other. Both these are recipes for epic disaster.

And if one of your good buds winds up getting involved, threat his new BF with all the deference you can muster. If you do, then you can make a new friend, if you don't then expect to lose the good bud forever.

D

deleted405852

It's doable, the situation, not the couple (depending on the relationship both might be doable lol).

curiouscam

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Absolutely possible as long as you are not attracted to either one in any way. Hehe. If it's a healthy relationship they will have no problems with you hanging out and if you have no interest other than friendship then you should have no problem. Everything goes awry once there is sex or emotions involved.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am in a relationship and have been for around 5 years now. It made me a bit sad when I began to notice my single friends were either avoiding me (us) or ruled me (us) out of plans that were friends type of things to do. While I have a partner and am truly devoted to him and him me, I love to have friends around and enjoy company (nonsexual), etc. Just because I am gay does not mean I cannot have single friends, str8 or gay. Even if they are killer good looking, it shouldn't matter because while I may know they are good looking (as would my partner), because we are all on a friendship level, it remains that way in my views. I respect my str8 friends str8ness and also my gay friends gayness equally. The only time that I end friendships myself, is if I view that the friendship is one of sexual interest, whether it is with one or both of us. Beyond that, anything else goes. I love to go out with friends, enjoy their company, catch a movie, go out for dinner, etc., with friends. It rounds me out as an individual.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As with all relationships, it depends on the people in it, no? I've been friends with lots of couples, and had lots of single friends when I've been in a couple. The only time it was a problem was when the single friend was more interested in fooling around than friendship. So I'd say it's all to do with the intentions of the parties involved.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My answer is in your flirting thread, but yes I do think it's possible, but everyone one involved must value the importance of friendship and the work that goes into being a friend.