Is it Racism or Elitism?

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ultimately a country gets the government it deserves. Americans simply do not pay attention and they want short one sentence answers and slogans (drill here drill now) to every problem. If it thinks it stinks. Politicians sense this and give the public what they want. The media senses it too and abdicates their duty as a check on politicians for the sake of ratings and money. Short term slogans to long term problems never really position the country well, in fact they can be disasterous. Business only cares about the next quarter and government only cares about the next election. The country is doomed.

I wonder whether that could be the result of television. On TV, usually problems are solved almost instantly. Unfortunately, in real life, that usually is not possible.

D

deleted15807

I wonder whether that could be the result of television. On TV, usually problems are solved almost instantly. Unfortunately, in real life, that usually is not possible.

Oh I am CERTAIN it's television that has caused the downward spiral in reasoning and thinking. Most television news stories are two minutes at their longest. HOW HOW HOW can all the deep rooted problems the world faces be intelligently discussed in two minutes? Reading about issues tends to trigger different brain circuitry than watching the news which causes deeper thought processes so the theory goes.