Is it sad

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Maybe Dominoes should take over the police stations? lol. I don't think the OP IMHO has any real evidence this is true. I think police show up as fast as they can. Even if donuts are involved.

Where I live, response is very, very, quick. The police station is less than a minute from my home and the fire station just a mile farther. We don't have pizza delivery here.

I've always found assistance kind of scary in the city. If the traffic is bad, nobody is going to get through. I will say, however, that if you've ever seen a fire truck coming at you in New York city, then it will scare the living shit out of you. Those guys stop for NOTHING. Their truck is far bigger than yours and they will hit you and they they will keep going if you don't pull over, even if it's on to the sidewalk. They also get those neat gizmos that change the traffic lights to their favor so it doesn't matter if you're at a red light or not. It's going to go green for them.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
In Vancouver I called the ambulance to the house on two occasions and the response was really fast. Much faster than a pizza. In fact the Fire Dept paramedics showed up as well. I heard they compete they each other to see who can get there the quickest. In West Vancouver I called the police once because someone egged the house and they got there so fast, they caught the brats who had done it.

Here in Turkey, it's exactly the opposite. The food comes lightening quick and the ambulance takes forever. The police? Maybe tomorrow..

It is sad...but sometimes grub is an emergency, too. ;)

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Naughty is right. It is tragic.

I suppose one could argue there are more pizza restaurants than ambulance stations and greater demand but I know which I'd want to arrive first!

One thing I realise about where I live is the response time for police/fire/ambulance would be very long and probably too late!

I maybe need to move some day :rolleyes:

Oh.... I can't get pizza delivered either. But I can a curry. :biggrin1:
In 45 minutes :cool:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I will say, however, that if you've ever seen a fire truck coming at you in New York city, then it will scare the living shit out of you. Those guys stop for NOTHING. Their truck is far bigger than yours and they will hit you and they they will keep going if you don't pull over, even if it's on to the sidewalk. They also get those neat gizmos that change the traffic lights to their favor so it doesn't matter if you're at a red light or not. It's going to go green for them.

As scary and unreal as this sounds, I'd rather have that, than cops saying "We just dont have the people to do the job, sorry"

Meanwhile, you've got 4 cops sitting with radar guns in the morning and coming home from work......

Our 911 system here is a joke. If the operator doesn't want to transfer the call - she doesnt. They just hang up.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's the opposite here. Though, you could probably attribute that to the fact that the city is shaped like a giant grid. Despite that, food still takes a long while, and those damn delivery people still expect a good tip even if/when they're late.:mad: