Is it safe to sunbathe naked?

December

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I do it often when the weather gets really hot. Could it possibly be harmful?

D

deleted85856

I don't see how it could be worse then sun bathing shirtless, just add some sun screen to some area that wouldn't normal get that much sun because it's probably more sensitive down there.

STYLYUNG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Take the advice about using sunscreen seriously or you will be making regular visits to the dermatologist on a regular basis later in life. The sun causes skin cancer. Figure out when it is solar noon in your area (when the sun is in the due south) and avoid sunbatheing two hours before solar noon and two hours after solar noon when the UVA's are the strongest. In Western Michigan, solar noon is at 1:45 PM EDST---Way different than what the clock says.

I have had more than two dozen beginnings of skin cancer removed by freezing with liquid nitrogen and five surgeries for the removal of basel cell carcinomas. These could have had their beginnings with the terrible sunburns that I receives as a kid on a Lake Michigan beach.

Skin doctors say that tanned skin is damaged skin !

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It depends on your skin type. If you are fair skinned stay out of the sun. Im not fair skinned. I dont turn red or burn. I just get darker. The sun is very important for our health. Without it we would die. You also have to be carefull of it.:cool:

Nativenude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Uncut is right about It depends on your skin type. Tanning is the bodies defense from future burning. But it does takes time to work up to that tan. Fair skin people may never be able to get a tan though. From the data i've seen even minor burns do lots of damage so go slow and avoid getting any burn. I'm lucky that I just get darker, even my genitals don't burn but just turn a dark cherry brown.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been sunbathing nude my wholelife. I tan very easily, only in the last 5 years have I been using something with SPF! I'ts crazy not to. The sun is a different beast, since the days when I would use only coconut oil!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree that sunbathing nude is no more harmful than sunbathing not-nude. If you don't want to use sunblock, at least use sunscreen, and choose your sunscreens wisely. Different formulations filter different wavelengths of ultraviolet light; some wavelengths contribute more to tanning and less to burning and damage, while other wavelengths contribute almost nothing to tanning and tend to be more damaging to the skin.

If you really want the tan, but not the burn, try a UVB sunblock that does not claim to be "broad-spectrum." UVA is responsible for tanning, but also for the premature aging symptoms - wrinkling, uneven pigmentation. UVB is responsible for the cancer-causing sunburns. (This is a simplification, but a decent guideline.)

"Sunscreens chemically absorb UV rays, sunblocks physically deflect them. Sunscreen has long blocked UVB effectively, but until recently provided less UVA protection. New ingredients such as octylcrylene and the benzophenones have improved sunscreen's defenses against shorter UVA rays, and the revolutionary chemical avobenzone (Parsol 1789) works against all UVA wavelengths".

Read the labels!

confusedman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i can say as i am greek and i love sunbathing you should go for sunbathing only the afternoon for 30 minutes.not more not less.just right and use protection for the skin.

Mike0950

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love sunbathing naked... The warm heat on my cock always gets me hard... and laying back and relaxing just makes it that much more enjoyable

It always makes for an enjoyable evening too..

bboy24

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Use protection bro. Being darker skinned I don't have to worry too much about tanning but even when I'm working out in the yard shirtless I always lather every inch of exposed skin with sun block.

DonaldDoe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't sunbathe naked myself, but I know our neighbour does as the fence is broken and I can easily see his cock pointing to attention :biggrin1:

Dazza

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I work in a dermatology clinic so I am dead against sunbathing. it ages you prematurely, makes your skin go leathery and gives you cancer. Wonderful!

If you really must sunbathe naked you MUST wear a high factor sun screen (spf30+). Especially on your groin area as this skin is rarely sees sunlight and can burn much faster. Sun burn = skin cancer later. And you REALLY don't want to get skin cancer on your cock or scrotum (if its a melanoma you will possibly lose your cock, or even die!)

Wear a skimpy swimming costume and sun screen. The sun still feels nice on your cock and you won't burn either.

Better still, a fake tan if you really think you need to look brown.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
you cut guys MUST put sunblock on the heads of your dicks. I have read that melanomas (cancers) of the penis glans is highly prevalent amongst men who are circumcised and sunbathe nude. The glans was not intended by nature to be exposed to the sun. The glans has no melanin and therefore no protection from the sun.