Is it the thought that counts?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't mean the thought itself. If you think of getting someone something and don't the thought is worthless.

It should be it's the gift that counts.

Anyway, I always appreciate any gifts I get even if it's something that I don't need, want or won't use.

Earlier this month for my Birthday I got a pair of winter gloves. I have a pair of gloves that are in good shape, I have a pair from 2 winters ago as a gift and now this is my second back up.

So do you appreciate the effort of a gift or do you resent it when you dislike or don't need an item?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't mean the thought itself. If you think of getting someone something and don't the thought is worthless.

It should be it's the gift that counts.

Anyway, I always appreciate any gifts I get even if it's something that I don't need, want or won't use.

Earlier this month for my Birthday I got a pair of winter gloves. I have a pair of gloves that are in good shape, I have a pair from 2 winters ago as a gift and now this is my second back up.

So do you appreciate the effort of a gift or do you resent it when you dislike or don't need an item?

Did it not occur to you they didn't know you already had 2 pairs of gloves? :confused::rolleyes: Is there a law saying you must wear out one pair befor wearing the next? Maybe its a chick thing but I like to keep a coordinating pair of gloves in each coat. If they are a womens size 8.5 send them my way. :tongue:

Sheesh, be grateful they thought of you at all.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It is the thought that counts. If it wasn't, I would have disowned everyone I know, including family members.

I know I am extremely hard to buy for so often I will request donations to a charity or something like that in my name for the holidays.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I am always grateful when somebody thinks enough of me to buy me a gift. Today I got lots of nice stuff, none of which I needed, some of which was not quite what I asked for. Know what? I'm keeping it all and I'm going to savor the time I got to spend with people who loved me enough to go in a store and spend their money on me. It's great!

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For the most part, it is the thought that counts... unless I can quite obviously tell that there was no thought on their part, then it just bothers me. Like if my best friend got me something that she KNOWS I wouldn't like, or have absolutely no use for, such as a wine rack or something. I don't freakn drink wine!

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm at an age and a point in my life where, in general, if I want something, I can buy it for myself. I don't expect people to get me anything, and if they do, I think it's really nice. If it's something thoughtful that I know they really put their heads into, it's even nicer. But really, I'd rather people shower my little boy with gifts-- he appreciates them more than I do.