Is it time to Disband the Dept of Homeland Security?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by earllogjam, Oct 11, 2010.

?

Is it time to get rid of the Dept of Homeland Security?

1. Yes-other agencies can absorb work- FBI, CIA, Secret Service.

33 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. No- the agency is essential to protect us from terrorism.

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. earllogjam

Gold Member

Created under George W Bush as a direct response to the 911 attacks, it was meant to catch terrorists and prevent acts of terrorism from occurring on US soil. The reality has been that there aren't enough terrorists to keep the third largest cabinet department with 200,000 employees busy.

IMO it's a huge waste of money considering their scope of work and job duties are mirror not just by one other govermental agency but several, CIA, FBI, Secret Service, Armed Forces Intelligence, Office of Inspector General, & INS.

Homeland Security are doing jobs like busting illegal Chinese massage parlors. Something usually relegated to local police departments and a sign that they really have nothing of consequence related to catching terrorists in America to do. Honestly, what exactly do 200,000 Homeland Security employees do when the 100 terrorist suspects are rounded up and deported? They just waste more money we don't have.

Is it time to eliminate this cabinet department filled with 200,000 overpaid bureaucrats which frankly has no track record nor achievements to justify their existence? Are we just being manipulated by fear to justify their existence regarless of what little they contribute to the safety of this country? Why do we pay for so many redundancies in intelligence gathering when our economy and country is fast dropping rungs in economic prosperity and standards of living?

#1 earllogjam, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  2. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    What about those 200,000 people employed in our dept of homeland security?

3. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

not hardly

if anything, more surveillance of each and every adherent is justified

(that includes, BTW, the current occupant of the Oval Office, and his appointees, given his recent admission that he is "following the Muslim agenda")

4. earllogjam

Gold Member

They should be reassigned to the various other police and intelligence gathering goverment agencies unless there are unneeded redundant positions. All the gov agencies and departments assumed and transfered into DHS should just return to their original organizations.

People always champion waste cutting in Washington but when it comes down to it they never end up doing it and sorry organizations like the Dept of Homeland Security which was ill concieved and run are allowed to perpetuate despite their marginal contribution to the well being of this country.

5. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Unfortunately, I like more protection. If they are not doing a good job then that should be worked on. As far as I'm concerned we can never have to much protection. I think police officers or whomever should walk around and ask people who look suspicious for ID's just because they look suspicious. I also think more people should be offered weapons instructions. I like to feel safe.

Though I'm not anymore concerned about attacks from outside the US than inside the US.

I'm really not sure. I would have to look at what they do a form a better opinion.

#5 HiddenLacey, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2010
  6. maxcok

Gold Member

Could we have citation of that please? Or are you just trolling as usual?

What is wrong with you? Are you drunk, insane, what?

Seriously, what is your problem?

7. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think he gets news reports from his anus.

8. maxcok

Gold Member

I want to get my news reports from Uranus. :eek: :wink:

9. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

“The American President told me in confidence that he is a Muslim,” said Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit on Nile TV. (emphasis added) That could explain why Obama has instructed that the term “Islamic extremism” no longer be used in official government
    documents and statements.
    the US Congress considers Obama’s behavior toward Netanyahu humiliating. Three-quarters of the House of Representatives, 337 of 435 members,
    signed a bipartisan letter to Clinton expressing“deep concern over recent tension” between the two countries, and demanding that it be smoothed over quickly and in private. “Obama is a real problem for Israel,” a senior
    official told told Yediot. “He is Israel’s biggest strategic catastrophe.”

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/Portals/0/May2010.pdf

We know that Gheit met with Obama in April 2010 in D.C. -- check out White House.gov, which lists Gheit as one of the attendees of a "Nuclear Security Summit" at that time. And they met more than once. Gheit had a private meeting with Obama in May 2009.

How plausible is Gheit's reported claim about Obama? Let's review Obama's track record:

[note to administrators: We (Nick4444) deem the foregoing to constitute a single paragraph; should your judgment differ, kindly delete the forgoing enumeration. Thank you.]

American Thinker: Report: Obama said 'I Am a Muslim'

10. maxcok

Gold Member

....:ponder: :tired: :sleeping:

#10 maxcok, Oct 11, 2010
  11. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

and, from Siraj Wahaj, "American" black Muslim convert who, in June, 1991, delivered a Muslim prayer before Congress:

"...I have a vision in America, Muslims owning property all over, Muslim businesses, factories, halal meat, supermarkets, all these buildings owned by Muslims. Can you see the vision, can you see the Newark International Airport and a John Kennedy Airport and LaGuardia having Muslim fleets of planes, Muslim pilots. Can you see our trucks rolling down the highways, Muslim names. Can you imagine walking down the streets of Teaneck, [New Jersey]: three Muslim high schools, five Muslim junior-high schools, fifteen public schools. Can you see the vision, can you see young women walking down the street of Newark, New Jersey, with long flowing hijab and long dresses. Can you see the vision of an area of no crime, controlled by the Muslims?

But what is not open to question is that, whatever the majority of Muslim Americans may believe, most of the organized Muslim community agrees with the Islamist goal—the goal, to say it once again, of building an Islamic state in America.

One who is not among them is Muhammad Hisham Kabbani of the relatively small Islamic Supreme Council of America. In Kabbani's reliable estimation, such "extremists" have "taken over 80 percent of the mosques" in the United States. And not just the mosques: schools, youth groups, community centers, political organizations, professional associations, and commercial enterprises also tend to share a militant outlook, hostile to the prevailing order in the United States and advocating its replacement with an Islamic one...."

The Danger Within: Militant Islam in America :: Daniel Pipes

12. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Etc.

My mistake: he got his news from someone else's anus.

Yes, I'm sure that President Obama would tell an Egyptian government "in confidence" that he is a Muslim. That is so probable. It all makes sense now.

13. DexterMorgan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well getting back to the topic...yes, Homeland Security should be disbanded...and the illegal Patriot Act repealed...!

14. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

if it quacks like a duck ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAffMSWSzY

no Christian would ever refer to the Koran as "holy"

#14 B_Nick4444, Oct 11, 2010
  15. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

And nobody would ever refer to anything you say as being important. As if being a Christian has any real relevance to becoming the President of the United States beyond the feeble mindsets of religiously bigoted zealots who have nothing better to do than come on a penis site after many months of hiding and regurgitating such a played out, and completely moronic political agitant. :rolleyes:

16. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

Good luck.

This has been going on for decades.

17. maxcok

Gold Member

Spoken like a true blue Armageddonist Evangelical Christian Crusader.

Man, you guys is keee-raaaaaazzzy!!!

18. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

implicit in your post is the admission, and now the shift to "relevance"

next question would be why did he try to hide it for so long, if not "relevant"?

the consequence and relevance to American diplomacy and security?

19. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

If true, this is only for the good. (but a subject for a separate thread, I guess)

#19 B_RedDude, Oct 11, 2010
  20. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

just the facts, maa'm

if he were Christian, there is only one book that he would refer to as "holy" (though I doubt a leftie would have a clue)

so, why the deception?

so, it's good that he allies himself with the people and adherents of the Islamic ideology who celebrated and danced in the streets on the occasion of 9/11?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrM0dAFsZ8k

#20 B_Nick4444, Oct 11, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted