Is it true that many young women don't use condoms?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by tallmanluke, Apr 1, 2009.

1. tallmanluke

tallmanluke New Member

This is my first semester in college, and I have to say I am noticing a shocking trend. Whenever the topic of condoms come up when I'm around women, at least half of them will state that they don't use condoms, usually in a joking way.

Girl: "Hahaha. Condoms? Who uses those!"
    Me: *raises hand* "I like my penis to stay attached to my body, thank you!"

I can't tell if this is some sort of shit-test or if these girls really don't use condoms.

2. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Yes it is true. Seeing as they don't have a penis it's understandable.

3. psidom

Gold Member

Albums:
    i would like to think they are genuinely joking.
    condoms are a big part of the "relaxed" feeling after a one night stand.
    :wink:

4. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

5. StraightCock4Her

StraightCock4Her New Member

Sadly, I bet you regret it but still can't stop yourself from not using them. Sighness :rolleyes:

6. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    God. Maybe this is why so many young people are infected with STDs such as HPV. Yikes.

7. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

probs got to do with the general poor education of sexual health. a recent survey in england showed that a significant amount (i forgot the amount) believe you can only get hiv if your gay

8. 10.5andproudofit

10.5andproudofit New Member

Albums:
    I'm still in school- the trend i've noticed is- committed monogamous relationships often are no, whereas singular, casual sex sessions are yes.

9. Serial Kisser

Serial Kisser Well-Known Member

That's really quite scary I think. I've used a condom every single time.

10. D_Cock_Hudson

D_Cock_Hudson New Member

I think there are young people having sex without using condoms- I always use a condom when having sex myself. I've heard that it's more commonplace amongst certain ethnic groups.

11. Principessa

Gold Member

:biggrin1: I tried to put one of those snug fit ones on my clit once but it kept sliding off. :tongue: :lmao:

12. ronnieboy

ronnieboy Member

okay......

coming from my experience...ive slept with 35+ and with the exception of maybe 2, no girl has ever MADE me put on a condom. I am 24 years old, didnt start having sex until i was 20, so i made the rounds...but thats not to say that i never used condoms, sometimes i did because i just wanted to. however, i'll be the first to raise my hand and say i've engaged in unsafe sex..in fact more times than not..probably by alot. I know i was stupid so no need to go ahead and tell me how irrisponsible i am.

but yes...most young girls (in my experience) do NOT use condoms. no idea why. and most guys are happy and glad to not use them...

13. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

No. I was with a guy long term, we were both clean.. I choose whatever I want.

14. hoggindaz

hoggindaz New Member

no woman has ever insisted or even asked me to wear a condom.

15. hungphat

hungphat Member

Albums:

Which ethnic groups? What are your sources?

16. marriedasian

marriedasian Member

Albums:
    Simply put, it's not worth it for either the guy or the gal. All it takes is one shot and your whole life is screwed...

Play with people you can somewhat trust otherwise wear the protection.

Up until my wife, I've always used a condom, no exceptions. I've walked away on few occasions when a condom was no where to be found.

What are everyone's viewpoints on oral sex then?

17. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

I think it's very believeable. I've been shocked a few times by how nonchalant some women are about not using condoms. (Not that men are any better. I just don't have sex with them.) I concur with the others: I've brought up using a condom more times than my partners have.

18. thehighheelsgirl

I'll admit when I was younger (like high school and college) I often didn't use condoms...even when it was just a hook up. I've been with my boyfriend now long term and obviously we don't use them, but I would def recommend that unless you know the guy you're with is clean it's a good idea.

Kinda funny, but I was talking to a guy friend of mine the other day, and he brought this up (he hooks up with a lot of random girls he meets and clubs and bars). He's shocked by the number of times he'll be with a girl and say "hold on lemme get a condom" and the girl says "oh don't worry about it" I guess he said to one girl a few weeks ago "you know I wasn't THAT worried before but now that you've said that I AM worried!" I got a laugh out of it the way he said it but it's true cuz I used to be that girl. I've never had an STD and I guess I'm lucky but I'm def smarter now about keeping it that way.

Jen

19. D_Cock_Hudson

D_Cock_Hudson New Member

In England I have read articles that it's more commonplace for Afro-Caribbean boys/men to refuse to wear condoms, and of the men who've admitted to me they have sex without one or refuse to, that seems to bear this out. It may be linked to lower income as there is a link between poverty and teenage pregnancies, and afro-carribeans are far more likely to be in poverty than most other ethnci groups in this country.

20. tallmanluke

tallmanluke New Member

I can't help but think that it is the biological need to get pregnant that makes a woman okay with unprotected sex.

As noted here.

I don't blame anyone for their sexual habits... but I really REALLY really don't want to pay child support or get an STD. Honestly it seems like condoms are more for the man's sake than the woman's, funny how it's portrayed oppositely.

Draft saved Draft deleted