Is it true that many young women don't use condoms?

tallmanluke

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This is my first semester in college, and I have to say I am noticing a shocking trend. Whenever the topic of condoms come up when I'm around women, at least half of them will state that they don't use condoms, usually in a joking way.

Girl: "Hahaha. Condoms? Who uses those!"
Me: *raises hand* "I like my penis to stay attached to my body, thank you!"

I can't tell if this is some sort of shit-test or if these girls really don't use condoms.

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i would like to think they are genuinely joking.
condoms are a big part of the "relaxed" feeling after a one night stand.
:wink:

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
probs got to do with the general poor education of sexual health. a recent survey in england showed that a significant amount (i forgot the amount) believe you can only get hiv if your gay

D_Cock_Hudson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think there are young people having sex without using condoms- I always use a condom when having sex myself. I've heard that it's more commonplace amongst certain ethnic groups.

hungphat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think there are young people having sex without using condoms- I always use a condom when having sex myself. I've heard that it's more commonplace amongst certain ethnic groups.

Which ethnic groups? What are your sources?

marriedasian

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Simply put, it's not worth it for either the guy or the gal. All it takes is one shot and your whole life is screwed...

Play with people you can somewhat trust otherwise wear the protection.

Up until my wife, I've always used a condom, no exceptions. I've walked away on few occasions when a condom was no where to be found.

What are everyone's viewpoints on oral sex then?

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it's very believeable. I've been shocked a few times by how nonchalant some women are about not using condoms. (Not that men are any better. I just don't have sex with them.) I concur with the others: I've brought up using a condom more times than my partners have.

thehighheelsgirl

Sexy Member
Media
I'll admit when I was younger (like high school and college) I often didn't use condoms...even when it was just a hook up. I've been with my boyfriend now long term and obviously we don't use them, but I would def recommend that unless you know the guy you're with is clean it's a good idea.

Kinda funny, but I was talking to a guy friend of mine the other day, and he brought this up (he hooks up with a lot of random girls he meets and clubs and bars). He's shocked by the number of times he'll be with a girl and say "hold on lemme get a condom" and the girl says "oh don't worry about it" I guess he said to one girl a few weeks ago "you know I wasn't THAT worried before but now that you've said that I AM worried!" I got a laugh out of it the way he said it but it's true cuz I used to be that girl. I've never had an STD and I guess I'm lucky but I'm def smarter now about keeping it that way.

Jen

D_Cock_Hudson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In England I have read articles that it's more commonplace for Afro-Caribbean boys/men to refuse to wear condoms, and of the men who've admitted to me they have sex without one or refuse to, that seems to bear this out. It may be linked to lower income as there is a link between poverty and teenage pregnancies, and afro-carribeans are far more likely to be in poverty than most other ethnci groups in this country.

tallmanluke

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can't help but think that it is the biological need to get pregnant that makes a woman okay with unprotected sex.

Sadly, I bet you regret it but still can't stop yourself from not using them. Sighness :rolleyes:

As noted here.

I don't blame anyone for their sexual habits... but I really REALLY really don't want to pay child support or get an STD. Honestly it seems like condoms are more for the man's sake than the woman's, funny how it's portrayed oppositely.

lulu79

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a newb here (and mostly just a lurker) but this topic caught my eye. I have ALWAYS used condoms during sex (and the only men I've slept with were monogamous partners). If the guy didn't have one available, I'd supply it. And if a boyfriend refused to wear one, I'd tell him to go find someone else to sleep with (yes I have done this!). Sex (while very fun!!) is too risky to not use protection.