Is it true that most gays don't really accept bisexuals?

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Im bisexual and I've never experienced any type of discrimination from a gay dude, gay men and women have always been very nice to me.

Same here. Ive never encountered any really bad comments or threats of any kind, but then again I do not associate in a group or area where I know there will be a lot of bigots around.

Gnashin Teefe

Sexy Member
Media
i can only speak from my personal experience. i have plenty of gay guy friends who are happy to hookup with me. some actually seem to prefer a bi guy for whatever their own reasons.

bstexas

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think there is some discrimination in the gay community toward bis ... some many gay guys say you CAN'T like both sexes. Just like so many gays say they are going to TURN a str8 guy gay. Right! I think you are what you are. Lucky for bis they can go for guys and gals. Maybe some gays are just jealous of that; their insecurities. My partner of over 5 years was married to a woman before, has had many relationships with both sexes. It just happens to be with the male sex (me) now.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It has been my experience that lesbians, in my generation anyway (I am 54), are not receptive to the idea of bisexuality.

My girlfriend is bi (although more like 75-25) and says much the same thing. She says most lesbians she's talked to think of her as "confused" or in denial or just trying to have her cake and eat it too. I agree that some people only think in absolutes. (Witness how many people didn't think Obama was "black enough.") There also is a subset of the lesbian population (but not most) that are quite hostile to men, and the idea of a woman who wants to straddle that line is offensive to them. And also I think that to some people it's really a major part of their identity. They may have taken years to realize that they're homosexual and can't fathom that someone is comfortable being attracted to both when it took them so long to come to terms with it.

I've heard about this but never personally seen it.

But my two cents: the problem is historical. Years ago, there were so many closeted people who got married anyway just to fit in (and then act like Larry Craig at the Minneapolis airport). Rightly or wrongly, I suspect that while many gay people can intellectually accept bisexuality, there may be a deep suspicion that many bisexuals are Uncle Toms.

I think that is a factor for some people. So many people engage in homosexual sex and deny it that it's easy for them to be cynical about how genuine a bisexual person is.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If it's just an issue of attraction and sex, I don't think gay men would have a problem with bisexuals. Once it becomes an issue of an actual relationship, then it turns into one. People want to believe that the one they want to be with as a life partner only needs them to be satisfied. And it would be easy for he or she to look at a bisexual and think that they need to chase after someone else to get the few things sexually that they cannot provide.

billybones

Superior Member
Media
I'm gay, and I have zero issues with Bisexuals. I do think that society has a major influence on how comfortable we are with realizing that, but only because humans are black or white creatures, by nature. But I also realize that nothing is black or white.

Shades of gray are all that I find....to quote Billy Joel.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
There are a significant number of bisexual people and those gay people that cannot accept bisexuality are just as narrow minded as the homophobes they oh so despise.

FrankTO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wouldn't choose or reject someone based on where they are on the sexual orientation continuum. I'm 100% gay and my partner is bisexual, and I have no problem with it. It's a big part of who he is, and I wouldn't want him to set it aside, not that it would be possible anyway.

We chose monogamy, but if he needed something he feels he cannot get with me, whether he decides to get it from another man or from a woman is irrelevant.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I have never tried to define myself sexually to anyone here (whose business is it anyways?)

Like P. Savage, the only term that comes even remotely close is "omnisexual", and even that pales considerably as an accurate description.(Besides - as P.S. observed "what's love got to do with it?")

I think too many people (so called gays, so called straights, and so called everthing in between) are uncomfortable with people who defy the easily categorized notions of who we're supposed to be about. They'd prefer to believe that one is in denial or confused about who one is, rather than consider that it is they who are denying you the right to be you.

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you've ever watched reality shows (Next, the Real World, etc.), that prejudice is there, and personally, I've never understood it. Maybe it's b/c I came out to myself in 7th grade, and to everyone else in 9th. By the time I heard about this bi-prejudice thing, I was like a junior in high school, and it really just seemed odd to me. Saying you cant like both sexes is kinda like saying you can only have 1 best friend, which, obviously is total bs. People just need to get over themselves. Something else that I saw on tv is some people thinkin they cant date bisexuls cause they'd just cheat on them with the other sex or something......huh? People just dont make sense...

Quadee

Loved Member
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
If it's just an issue of attraction and sex, I don't think gay men would have a problem with bisexuals. Once it becomes an issue of an actual relationship, then it turns into one. People want to believe that the one they want to be with as a life partner only needs them to be satisfied. And it would be easy for he or she to look at a bisexual and think that they need to chase after someone else to get the few things sexually that they cannot provide.

I only browse on here because I love what big dick guys think about lol (my first post wow) but I had to post now. Vinylboy I was thinking of a way to say what you said without coming off as hard or harsh but you hit the nail on the head. It's unfair for bi guys to not understand how we feel about this issue.

I also agree with a poster that said most bi guys are uncle toms because they feel that being "bi" will lessen the gay blow because lets me honest they are some straight people out there that think being bi is ok to deal with but being full blown gay is to much to handle.

Is it me or it seems that this days everybody wants to be bi, its like a spectator sport.

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I personally don't support the idea of bisexuality. I won't go too deep into my reasons but I'll drop this:

People that are precise attract me more then people I percieve as indecisive. >_>

I don't hate them but I don't support the idea either. So I'd never date one, only befriend.

cornettoconcrema

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey, I've known and liked a lot of bisexual guys. Topped a few,too. Used to go with a bi friend to bisexual sex clubs and had great times with all sorts of guys and great conversations with some of their wives and gf's. Funniest was when sitting around the hot tub a little butch lesbian grabbed my unit and said, "hey, that's a nice dick, you should get a P Albert! shockkk! cornetto